THE BROWNS BOARD

Gender Neutral Potato Head

Ibleedbrown

I saw this story earlier about Mr. Potato Head going gender neutral. The thing that struck me is that companies don’t often kowtow to political trends unless there’s a profit motive.

And then it hit me. They are basically consolidating 2 separate products into one. Redesign the box with Mr. on one side and Mrs. on the other, all the same parts go in each box, and the stores can simply display the boxes however they see fit.

From a manufacturing and supply chain perspective, this will save them hundreds of thousands of dollars. I don’t usually applaud things done for the sake of political whims, but when you can manipulate those whims to make money, that’s using your potato head. 

https://www.wlwt.com/article/a-mister-no-more-mr-potato-head-goes-gender-neutral/35632703

8 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I saw this story earlier about Mr. Potato Head going gender neutral. The thing that struck me is that companies don’t often kowtow to political trends unless there’s a profit motive.

And then it hit me. They are basically consolidating 2 separate products into one. Redesign the box with Mr. on one side and Mrs. on the other, all the same parts go in each box, and the stores can simply display the boxes however they see fit.

From a manufacturing and supply chain perspective, this will save them hundreds of thousands of dollars. I don’t usually applaud things done for the sake of political whims, but when you can manipulate those whims to make money, that’s using your potato head. 

https://www.wlwt.com/article/a-mister-no-more-mr-potato-head-goes-gender-neutral/35632703

So they made Biden gender neutral.

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just part of the bigger politically correct picture.  The entire gender neutral movement is insane.

WSS 

Hasbro Reverses Decision: Mr. Potato Head Will Remain

by: John Lynch

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 / 05:08 PM EST / Updated: Mar 1, 2021 / 09:07 AM EST
GettyImages-140847680.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&

The Mr. Potato Head balloon at the 81st Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2007 (Photo by: Curtis Means/NBC NewsWire)

AddThis Sharing Buttons

Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to SMSShare to EmailShare to More

(WTRF)- After announcing that Mr. Potato Head would go gender-neutral, Hasbro took back the decision, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head aren’t going anywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vambo said:

Hasbro Reverses Decision: Mr. Potato Head Will Remain

by: John Lynch

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 / 05:08 PM EST / Updated: Mar 1, 2021 / 09:07 AM EST
GettyImages-140847680.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&

The Mr. Potato Head balloon at the 81st Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2007 (Photo by: Curtis Means/NBC NewsWire)

AddThis Sharing Buttons

Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to SMSShare to EmailShare to More

(WTRF)- After announcing that Mr. Potato Head would go gender-neutral, Hasbro took back the decision, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head aren’t going anywhere.

Hope this is a sign of a end of insanity

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:30 AM, Westside Steve said:

Just part of the bigger politically correct picture.  The entire gender neutral movement is insane.

WSS 

Does it really fuck with your life?  You seem to be the guy who is always looking for a battle but only like the superficial ones. 

8 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Does it really fuck with your life?  You seem to be the guy who is always looking for a battle but only like the superficial ones. 

I sincerely doubt that any of the topics we discuss on this board really fuck with anybody's lives one way or the other.  

WSS

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I sincerely doubt that any of the topics we discuss on this board really fuck with anybody's lives one way or the other.  

WSS

Agreed but wouldn’t this place be so much better if we truly discussed important topics from the political world.  You and I rarely agree but there are times you post things that get me thinking or seeing things from your perspective shift mine.

I’ll keep posting this but the petty squabbles Americans have distract us from the real issues and you and I aren’t winning because of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1