THE BROWNS BOARD

OK, Now I'm Impressed

Axe

I had a DUI client once  that came very close to that.    It was above .70.....so I knew it was possible. 

This was back in the 80s.  He was driving on I-76.  He did one of these U-turns in a cut in  the middle of the highway which you are not supposed to use for that.  When he was stopped he had  a half filled  half gallon of Vodka on the seat beside him.   The thing is,  the cop that arrested him said: "I have seen guys that I have stopped seem much drunker than him"   He was not stumbling nor slurring his speech,  and the odor of alcohol was not strong.   But there was that jug sitting there...and his admission that he had been drinking out of it.  And they performed the test twice just to be sure because they couldn't believe it.  I believe he was from out of state, so it was treated like a first offense...which it was here in Ohio. 

I also had another one that was a .56. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I was a kid, maybe 15 or so.  I filled up a Ronald Mcdonald cup about 3/4 of the way of my fathers booze.  Held my nose and guzzled it.  I then started walking to a party at a girls house about 2 miles away.  I started getting real messed up and couldn't walk straight.  I was walking along Big Creek Parkway and I veered into the woods and laid down on a large rock.  I passed out and woke up it was pitch black and I had puked all over myself and the rock while passed out.  Lucky I didn't die that night for sure.  BA must have been very high.

16 minutes ago, Axe said:

Yeah, I thought death was at around .50

For a normal person, perhaps.  These were not normal people. Their tolerance had built up to that point beyond normality.  I have no doubt that the .70 guy I had may have died within a few years (he was probably in his 30s at the time).