THE BROWNS BOARD

Solar farms and windmills DAMAGING our Climate

calfoxwc

and costing way too much. and being unpredictable/undependable. Of course everything leftwingers  do

they do COMPELTELY EMOTIONALLY and it backfires into their faces most of the time, if not all the time.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/solar-farms-global-warming-consequences-study

Study warns solar farms could unleash unintended consequences on the environment, including global warming

News

Large-scale solar and wind turbine farms could trigger negative affects on the climate around the world

• Upvote 1

Our former friend Ghoulie had a great video on youtube showing how windmills heat up the the air with a great scientific model he demonstrated... He may have pissed a lot of folks off... But he was telling me about this years ago...

• Upvote 1

Science!

Interesting stuff. I read the actual study findings from which the Blaze article was written. They were linked in the article, and here is a direct link.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/361/6406/1019

The Blaze appears to be misrepresenting the data from the study. According to the actual study, the slight environmental changes reported from their models would actually be beneficial to the environment. I'll quote the actual study.

"Our results obtained from experiments performed with a climate model suggest that, for installations of wind and solar farms with current conversion efficiency in the desert at a scale large enough to power the entire world, the impacts on regional climate would be beneficial rather than detrimental, and the impacts on global mean temperature are still small compared with those induced by CO2 emission from fossil fuels (3, 10). If carefully planned, these farms could also trigger more precipitation, largely because of a previously overlooked vegetation feedback. This highlights that, in addition to avoiding anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels and the resulting warming, wind and solar energy could have other unexpected beneficial climate impacts when deployed at a large scale in the Sahara, where conditions are especially favorable for these impacts."

Science!

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

then why don't you go move to the sahara, ibb woodecker?

I do enjoy the summer heat. But not a desert heat. 

• Upvote 1