THE BROWNS BOARD

Poet's Post

PoeticG

First things first- Hat's off to Coach! Coach of the year, man... that's a tremendous honor. I was 100% convinced that Kevin Stefanski was the guy the year we picked Kitchens instead. 

Baker is Dangerous. I love this team's attitude and the make it happen, chase greatness mentality. It's what I've been waiting 20 years to see. It's the type of team that's not dirty but we'll take it wherever they want to take it! I love the Jarvis Landry/Odell combination and story behind it... the Kareem Hunt and Chubb improbable pairing that appears to be paying dividends in multiplications.

I'd love this team to find a way to work it out salary cap wise and build this thing Paul Browns Way. It's not about the individual but about the Team. I hope that these guys know that collectively they will achieve more in the name of success and legacy while doing it as a team, instead of individuals on a team. Maybe it's wishful thinking because money always talks but let's see what they are really made of. 

More than a little excited about a JJ Watt/Garrett...(holding out hope that we can add Olivia Vernon's name back here soon. Dude really stepped up and surprised me when Garrett went down and with Watts and Vernons age's getting up there, maybe a Hunt/Chubb type relationship could extend their careers... if that's what they want to do. I want a team that thinks Faith, Family, Team then Money... we'll see. I'm counting on Berry to find a way to make this all work out. For years and years we have paid far too high a price for decent FAs. Hopefully the success and the aura around being a Cleveland Brown has lubricated the fates to allow our fortune to finally flow. 

Great Season. But it's only a start. This team has figured it out and they just need more time together. Don't mess with a good thing that is growing very strong. Solidify this team and wrap the group up as a whole for a five-year-run. Bring in very, very selective FAs and only if they are on board and can see the vision. It's our time right now... 

They were all castaways and lost causes for the most part... NY sent Odell here to die like so many others. Miami sent Jarvis. Mayfield always the consummate underdog. Others have come for that last big payday before laying them up for the last time. For some like Hunt it was the only chance. Too bad when had to cut ties with Josh Gordon. Odell, Landry, Gordon and Higgins would have been unstoppable with our towering TEs! 

It turns out that we didn't need Saquon after all.  

Chubb/Hunt are so fun to watch together. Wish we still had Lawrence Vickers...

• Like 1

Somebody needs to get Phil Dawson. Now's the time. Brady is winning Superbowls at 43. 

Dawson is 46... Dawson announced his retirement after 21 seasons on August 1, 2019, after signing a one-day ceremonial contract with the Browns to retire as a member of the team. After Dawson’s retirement.

Didn't Otto come back for another season when Brown asked him to? 

I imagine, field goals are akin to golf for gridiron greats... a light round of putt putt, hut-hut- HIKE! 

Missed you guys too. It's been a strange year I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Where have you gone, Kevin Hogan, our nation turns its lonely eyes to you, ooh ooh ooh. 

Seen ol' Colt choppin it up out there last year. Life's crazy lol. 

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Didn't Otto come back for another season when Brown asked him to? 

Yes. He was going to retire after the 1954 season, which concluded with him finally beating the Lions in the NFL Championship Game (after losing two close title games to them in '52 and '53). Brown talked him into coming back for the '55 season, which ended with Graham winning another title, this time vs the Rams. When he came off the field at the end of the game, the Rams fans in Los Angeles gave him a standing ovation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Missed you guys too. It's been a strange year I guess. 

ya it all started about a year ago with covid  then of course the riots here in portland and the only thing that slowed them were the wild fires smoke so thick you could not go outside and now a historic ice storm looks like a tornado blew there here 

but hey good things to come on the horizon

Nice post PoG... I'm excited for a Watt/Garrett pairing.. I think they would take a lot of pressure off of each other and Watt can be a leader in the lockeroom like Landry is to the WR room... My only issue with Kev is he takes the foot off the gas too soon in games... Let's hope its a year one learning adjustment...

On 2/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, ATOM said:

ya it all started about a year ago with covid  then of course the riots here in portland and the only thing that slowed them were the wild fires smoke so thick you could not go outside and now a historic ice storm looks like a tornado blew there here 

Feels like you skipped a major event... :blink:

I remember thinking, during this very positive season, that 'I hope everyone is enjoying this.  Everyone who's suffered through a quarter century of being a laughing stock.  Everyone who regularly posts on Browns boards.'   And I thought some more, 'I haven't seen Po.  He's usually such a positive passionate supporter of all things Browns.  - Hope he's ok and enjoying'.  And I hadn't seen ballpeen, but he turned out to be around.  -  Nobody's allowed to check out before we all get our ring.