THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agent Tracker

The Gipper

5 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Is he worth it? 

I could be wrong, and Vagitron would know better than I would, but it seemed like Dupree was somewhat of first round disappointment until T.J. Watt came onto the scene. 

It will be interesting to see what he does as THE MAN in Tennessee. 

14 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Is he worth it? 

In Vrabel's hands if fully recovers? You bet...

8 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Patriots sign TE Jonnu Smith, $50m 4-year deal 

6 hours ago, runyon27 said:

Pats also get Judon for 4yrs/56m 

6 hours ago, runyon27 said:

And they sign Jalen Mills to 4y/24m deal. Pats signing folks like crazy.

Bill be reloadin'... but still has Cam at QB. Gotta believe he's drafting one to develop... for a few weeks... :D

4 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Chiefs signed OG Thuney from Pats - 5/80, essentially 3/42 of it guaranteed.

So the Pats have now lost both Cannon [to Houston] and Thuney and added Trent Brown [1yr/11].. as of today their OL won't be as good next season as last.

Has any team been better than the Pats in drafting OL on days 2 and 3 and turning them into players?

Thuney was a 3rd-rounder... Cannon a 5th...

8 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I could be wrong, and Vagitron would know better than I would, but it seemed like Dupree was somewhat of first round disappointment until T.J. Watt came onto the scene. 

It will be interesting to see what he does as THE MAN in Tennessee. 

Getting paired with Harold Landry will help... Landry's no Watt, but he ain't bad.

9 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Carl Lawson and Trey Hendrickson will have been pleased with that Dupree contract news $$$$

Got to admit both are good young players..But Berry was not willing to overpay vs his own future FA signings coming..

Trey Hendrickson had a street market value of 11.2M.. Carl Lawson had a market value of 13.75M.. Both got paid 15M/yr. with 30M's guaranteed.. Bud Dupree's market value was 10.2M & got 16.5M..

on to day 2... Go Browns !!    https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/16/browns-nfl-free-agency-pass-rushers-big-contracts/

Lawson wasn't a starter for the Bengals last season even when fully healthy because he is a run liability at this point..  He was a good player years ago, not now.

Pats OL "secret" is coach Scarnecchia.. only seasons the Pats OL wasn't good over the last several years is when he wasn't coaching them

Your daily reminder that Pat Elflein was not very good last year.. easy to see why Vikes cut him midseason and Jets didn't resign him.. Jags are also signing someone named Cameron Erving.  

Texans sign Vincent Taylor, our DT4, to a 1yr/2M deal.. I was hoping he'd stay for less, he was sneaky good last season.

26 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Texans sign Vincent Taylor, our DT4, to a 1yr/2M deal.. I was hoping he'd stay for less, he was sneaky good last season.

Agree^^ Taylor was good when given his opts...

Like the Browns...I don't think Vrabel in Tennessee liked his defense last season either... a few good adds there too..

Browns are out of the market in terms of a FA edge IMHO.

I think that was half the point of the JJ signing. We could either improve the pass rush by getting an actual pass rusher or addressing the secondary and understanding the ecosystem that exists between both.  But price was a huge factor.    Johnson ended up being that price point.

Now, with BPA in mind, a combination of edge, linebacker, and D/O interior (depth for the latter)  are clearly defined priorities in the draft.   Maybe toss in a corner ;)

On 3/15/2021 at 8:13 PM, Tour2ma said:

Bill be reloadin'... but still has Cam at QB. Gotta believe he's drafting one to develop... for a few weeks...

14 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Pats sign WR's Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne - Pair of role players paid as starters to go with Jonnu Smith

13 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Hunter Henry off to the Patriots as well for 12.5m a year, they're spending big

Bill lookin' to make the AFCE a 3-horse race this Fall.

A pair of talented TEs plus Agholor to take the top off... feels like we've seen this movie before.

18 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Bill lookin' to make the AFCE a 3-horse race this Fall.

A pair of talented TEs plus Agholor to take the top off... feels like we've seen this movie before.

Still have to have a competent QB. I have always loved cam, but his soul was stolen in 2016. He has never been the same man.