THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agent Tracker

The Gipper

On 3/18/2021 at 9:13 PM, Tour2ma said:

Still... I'll be shocked if the Pats don't move up this draft to take a QB early.

They have to, right? Cam looked like a shadow of his former self. Hard to watch. 

Gribble got an update of those still "out there"... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/one-week-later-which-free-agents-are-still-available

Couple names popped to me...

• WR - Marquise Goodwin.. there's your "take-the-top-off-the-D" guy. Has had a couple injuries, but when you run a 4.27 at The Combine you can afford to lose a step or two.

• DE - Carlos Dunlap... solid, early-down rotational DE who can generate QB pressure when the O tries to cross us up. 2020 stats hurt by playing out of position (IMO) in SEA.
  • DE - Everson Griffin... ditto although slightly less stout vs. run.

No idea of affordability of any/all, but as time slips by they'll be getting cheaper.

21 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Hes looking for a situation.

Our situation isn’t ideal.

isn't ideal? Have ya seen Clowney against the run? With guys like Burrow & Lamar in division..teams have to contain the edge & hope the inside can clean up from there...If Berry offered him 7/8M for a year & let him walk with a physical given?      I'm good with that... 

23 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Lazy ass?

Clowney is shopping... just like he did last year.

not only does he take plays off he takes games off I mean just as i said about watt if he would play on a incentive based contract I could live with that

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

isn't ideal? Have ya seen Clowney against the run? With guys like Burrow & Lamar in division..teams have to contain the edge & hope the inside can clean up from there...If Berry offered him 7/8M for a year & let him walk with a physical given?      I'm good with that... 

Maybe he gets 70%-80% of the snaps if he signs with us. 

I was thinking we will operate more on a committee and maybe he wants to play more and get his numbers for next year in free agency

Another Gribble article this time with Berry musing over his approach to our signings...

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/andrew-berry-breaks-down-browns-6-free-agent-additions-approach-to-2021-offseaso

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Alualu apparently able to return to Pisstown.  Not sure how they pulled off that.   I guess getting rid of Nelson helped:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/27/tyson-alualu-has-change-of-heart-decides-to-return-to-steelers/

Darn it. 

That was a big loss for them.

I’m curious how they are doing it as well.  But I know partly because of restructuring contracts which we need to keep in mind when the cap alarmist claim we are out of money. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

Darn it. 

That was a big loss for them. 

that's the type of *tampering* 💩 that should take away mid to late round Steeler draft picks... The Jags should'n have to re-scramble what was already said as done..

the fuzzy math, needs to track back to when CB Steven Nelson was cut.. retaining Alualu was their backdoor thought then

On 4/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, Orion said:

I'm glad that Berry helped our D so much in FA.  Drafting at 26, and late in subsequent rounds would make it difficult to get enough immediate starters.  

we have 9 picks plus udfa and then cuts from other teams there just not enough room so do we trade up (cause i do not see 9 rookies making the team) or move back for extra picks next year cause i am sure we  will lose some players due to the cap

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ATOM said:

we have 9 picks plus udfa and then cuts from other teams there just not enough room so do we trade up (cause i do not see 9 rookies making the team) or move back for extra picks next year cause i am sure we  will lose some players due to the cap

I agree and the roster is very young as it is so we need to consider that.

I think we could see a move up from our second round slot 59 into the earlier stages of the second round maybe we get guy with first round talent or first round grade that falls into the 35-45 area.   I think we need and want a couple guys that will play meaningful snaps right away (LB, DE/DT).

• 3 weeks later...

Ravens trade OT Orlando Brown [Pro Bowl 2019 and 2020] to Chiefs.

Chiefs get: Brown, 2021 2/58, 2022 6th.

Ravens get: 2021 1/31, 2021 3/94, 2021 4/136, 2022 5th.

Chiefs now have 5 new OL starters: [left-to-right] Brown, Thuney, Blythe, Duvernay-Tardif, Niang with Kyle Long as swing-everything.

Ravens are favorites to sign Villanueva from PIT in Brown's place.

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Ravens are favorites to sign Villanueva from PIT in Brown's place.

Vag would know better, but I feel confident in saying this is somewhat to massively a downgrade at this point of Villanueva's career. 

On 4/24/2021 at 7:59 AM, Unsympathetic said:

Ravens trade OT Orlando Brown [Pro Bowl 2019 and 2020] to Chiefs.

Chiefs get: Brown, 2021 2/58, 2022 6th.

Ravens get: 2021 1/31, 2021 3/94, 2021 4/136, 2022 5th.

Shocked to check in and not see this had it's own thread.

This is a HUGE move by BLT... and I think it's only their 1st.

I'll be shocked it they do not package their two, 2021 1sts to move up... quite possibly breaking our hearts in the process.

On 4/24/2021 at 8:09 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Vag would know better, but I feel confident in saying this is somewhat to massively a downgrade at this point of Villanueva's career. 

It is a LT downgrade, but Brown was in the last year of his contract and apparently extension discussions were going nowhere fast.

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Shocked to check in and not see this had it's own thread.

This is a HUGE move by BLT... and I think it's only their 1st.

I'll be shocked it they do not package their two, 2021 1sts to move up... quite possibly breaking our hearts in the process.

It is a LT downgrade, but Brown was in the last year of his contract and apparently extension discussions were going nowhere fast.

What would Baltimore be moving up for?   A WR  would seem to be the ticket.

Orlando Brown  seemed to be disgruntled there.   Was it just all about money....or something else?  Maybe he didn't like having to block for the squirrelly  Jamar Lackson. 

• 1 month later...

Still more than a few starter-quality names plus vet-depth out there...

• IDL: Geno
  • Edge: Ingram, Clayborn, Olivia, Sheard
  • LB: Kwon
  • DB: Hooker, Skrine

• OL: Schwartz, Reiter, Fabs
  • RB: Duke

I don't know who the steeler's offensive line coach is but I doubt he is a magician. They are going to get Ben killed. I would just get a bunch of road graders and run the rookie and try and spare Ben's life.

• Upvote 1

So the news that their Offense was going to look nothing like last year's really meant ~90% personnel turnover...

Bueller?

Bueller?

Vag?