THE BROWNS BOARD

New Ice Age!!

TexasAg1969

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Please don't make me post the stats that globally, the last few years have been the warmest on record. Or the trillions of tons of polar ice that are now melting every year. Glacier NP soon to be minus it's glaciers. Yeah, a once in a 120 year cold snap outlier is the harbinger of a new Ice Age.

more emotional knee jerkie.

btw, blaming the republicans in Texas?

that is complete bs. One third of the electric board - don't even LIVE in Texas !

and Texans found out ! THAT is part of the problem.

The republicans are demanding transparency. The board has deleted the list of it's members after it

was found out!

as far as the fraud that is "man made goober warning"...

Nolte: Scientists Prove Man-Made Global Warming Is a Hoax

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/09/...

Nolte: Scientists Prove Man-Made Global Warming Is a Hoax. The far-left ThinkProgress reports that scientists have finally proven that the theory of man-made Global Warming is a total hoax. Of course, no one will admit it, but that is exactly what has happened.

Top 10 Global Warming Lies That May Shock You

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2015/02/...

Global warming alarmists frequently make false and deplorable assertions (see, for example, my recent column debunking false claims that global warming is causing a decline in wheat production ...

News - Global warming: Fake News From the Start | Heartland …

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/global...

Mistakes such as those made by McKenna are not surprising, considering that from the outset the entire claim of anthropogenic global warming (AGW) was built on falsehoods and spread with fake news. The plot to deceive the world about human-caused global warming gathered momentum right after the World Meteorological Organization and United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) created the United …

The Stunning Statistical Fraud Behind The Global Warming Scare | …

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/the...

This year has been a particularly spectacular episode of data tampering by NOAA, as they introduce nearly 2.5 degrees of fake warming since 1895." So the global warming scare is basically a hoax.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

Does that include Ted Cruz?  Oh wait he had fly to Cancun first 

Teddy "Castro" Cruz. Daddy from Cuba now in his grave is so proud of him backing dictators and wearing a nice sporty beard to match.😁

His just down there blowing out his flip flops on pop tops.🤣

I love the smell of warmed up coffee in a Browns mug right out of a functioning microwave with all faucets ice free, water normal, electricity on all night since 11pm and 7 hours of above freezing predicted for the first time in a week and a half. 🤠🤗

🏆🌞

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I love the smell of warmed up coffee in a Browns mug right out of a functioning microwave with all faucets ice free, water normal, electricity on all night since 11pm and 7 hours of above freezing predicted for the first time in a week and a half. 🤠🤗

🏆🌞

You don’t know how happy I am to hear we may hit 40 degrees late next week.

Just my two cents worth this entire thing is an over reaction of monumental proportions. Falls under the beheading of shit happens. It isn't going to be very often but that's the way it goes, and when it does nobody's ready for it. Like any other unexpected natural disaster or semi disaster first thing people do is start pointing fingers.

WSS

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Just my two cents worth this entire thing is an over reaction of monumental proportions. Falls under the beheading of shit happens. It isn't going to be very often but that's the way it goes, and when it does nobody's ready for it. Like any other unexpected natural disaster or semi disaster first thing people do is start pointing fingers.

WSS

While there is usually truth in that, we had an event almost as bad in 2011 and major recommendations were made by the feds to "winterize" our power stations/power grid and new wind turbines for just such an event as we have now had. Those recommendation were totally ignored by those in power to approve the funds to do so and Texas remained to this day the only state of of 50 that will not add itself to the national grid so that it could borrow the power needed to have withstood this. No fingers. Just facts that even our Republican Gov is starting to acknowledge was a mistake which I think will now be addressed and rectified by a thorough review by an independent commission. This was entirely preventable. You have to remember that the slogan "Texas, A Whole 'Nother Country" did not come out of thin air. Since we were a country, we still have that mindset no matter the political party. We have to overcome that and tie in to the power grid nationally for our own best interest. We need our collective heads lopped off for keeping them collectively in the sand.🤠

EDIT: And guess who fared best. El Paso. They decided after the 2011 event not to be a part of the Texas grid and on their own put money into winterizing and spreading out all the power resources with everything protected all the way for extended periods of time to -10F.  Imagine that. Having a little sense and foresight to expect a repeat and put the money into making it happen.

• Thanks 1

On the humorous side of the Texas disaster, this was posted on facebook:

"Dear ERCOT (Electric Reliability Council Of Texas). I am letting you know that due to the economic strain on my money grid, I am only giving you partial payments known as "rolling payments". I'll tell you when you will get the money, but you might not know, maybe for hours, days or maybe even months when it will come. But of course like you, I knew this financial strain was coming, but following your example I carried on like there was nothing wrong with my financial structure just as you've done."

I don't care who ya are that there is funny.😂🤠

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Teddy "Castro" Cruz. Daddy from Cuba now in his grave is so proud of him backing dictators and wearing a nice sporty beard to match.😁

His just down there blowing out his flip flops on pop tops.🤣

You mean Ted "Let Them Eat Cake, and freeze to death while they're doing it) Cruz? Bad optics Teddy. Bet you had to cancel that side trip to Mar-a-Lago for a few rounds of golf with Donnie too.  

MHO- only reason he came back was he got busted on the plane with folks taking pictures on the plane and forwarding them to their local news outlets.. 

Our prayers are with the people of Texas.

As of Tuesday, more than 4.3 million Texans were without power as extreme weather grips the region. Many are without heat in the freezing cold, too, as 60% of buildings in the state rely on electricity for heat.

This type of tragedy should be unthinkable, especially in our energy-rich, resource-blessed country. Yet we’re all watching in horror as it plays out on TV and affects millions of our fellow Americans.

Because of the strain on Texas’ electricity grid due to a winter storm, the Electricity Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) imposed blackouts. To translate that from government-speak to plain English, they turned off the power to certain areas of the state.

The blackouts were supposed to be brief and rolling, but in some areas, the power outages have lasted much longer, leaving millions trapped in the dark and/or without heat. Residents who do have power have been asked to turn down their thermostats, turn off lighting, and un-plug non-essential appliances — and it’s still not enough.

Following the national trend of the green left, Texas went big on wind energy. Wind farms across the state supply 23% of Texas’ energy grid, behind only natural gas. But in this wintry weather, wind turbines have been iced over and shut down — taking roughly half of them offline and putting a strain on other energy sources.

Right now, I’m rooting for Texas to get the power on as quickly as possible, and I won’t stop praying for the people of Texas until everyone’s lights and heat are back on.image.png.fada56d4a9ce464d11443f72562365ba.png

But in the long term, I’m concerned about Texas … and about the rest of America, too.

What’s happening in Texas right now is the best future you and I can expect if President Biden succeeds in his plan to make the U.S. electricity sector carbon-free by 2035.

In fact, I fear our future may be even worse if Biden’s Green New Deal succeeds, as his vision of an all-electric car and truck fleet and all-electric appliances will put even more strain on our electrical grid.

Will you sign the American Energy Alliance’s petition right now to demand lawmakers reject Biden’s Green New Deal and keep the power on for American families instead?

Our country is blessed with the natural resources to provide affordable, abundant, and reliable energy for all Americans — but President Biden, his allies in Congress, and radical environmentalists would rather force us to shiver in cold, dark homes and reminisce about the days when fossil fuels kept the power on.

The tragedy unfolding in Texas right now reminds us that energy is not something to be trifled with, as millions of lives are dependent on it.

It’s time for you and me to stand up and say NO to the green left’s radical ideology … because we can see where it leads.

Please sign the American Energy Alliance’s petition right now to demand lawmakers reject Biden’s Green New Deal and keep the power on for American families instead.

And please join me — and the entire American Energy Alliance team — in keeping Texas in your thoughts.

Tom

Tom Pyle

President

American Energy Alliance

Cal- I agree to an extent- I have gas heat which is by far the cheapest. OTOH,  it takes electricity to run that furnace.  

BUT- hydrocarbon fuels are NOT a renewable resource. Should we bury our heads in the sand and then when they're gone go- "Oh shit, what are we going to do now?" I have no idea how long the world's oil reserves will last- but they're sure as hell not infinite. Just take a look at where were drilling now- in miles deep ocean water, ecologically fragile artic tundra, fracking. Sucking crap tar sand and bitumen in Alberta. (Hey Canada- if you want us to help you ship that junk to China- YOU pay for the XL pipeline, and be responsible for any future leaks and cleanup. Fair enough? ) Nature is giving us some hints- but the petroleum council would like you to ignore them.  A little pre planning will go a long way on disaster prevention. 

As Tex said- they had plenty of advance warning Texas way if there was another a deep freeze (certainly if a 100 year event)- they were going to be shit out of luck. Those wind turbines wouldn't have frozen if they had spent the extra money to have them winterized. As I pointed out- they work just fine up in Canada.  

Hey- we have lots of coal- by far the biggest carbon reserve of all, so if you think global warming is a fraud- get a coal fired furnace. Of course power plants LOVE coal, it's the cheapest fuel by far- the bulk price is around $38 bucks a ton.  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You mean Ted "Let Them Eat Cake, and freeze to death while they're doing it) Cruz? Bad optics Teddy. Bet you had to cancel that side trip to Mar-a-Lago for a few rounds of golf with Donnie too.  

MHO- only reason he came back was he got busted on the plane with folks taking pictures on the plane and forwarding them to their local news outlets.. 

That’s exactly why he returned. He was scheduled to come back Sunday. And he bought a new return ticket 6:00 am the day he came back. He’s telling a TOTAL lie when he said he was only going for the night. 
Just look at the size of his luggage That’s not an overnight bag

But, hey, if I had the means to flee this cold weather and stay at the Ritz in Cancun. I would be gone too

F0F1A7AF-F43D-4B0B-868C-FA1AD84CDFA3.jpeg

1 minute ago, Browns149 said:

That’s exactly why he returned. He was scheduled to come back Sunday. And he bought a new return ticket 6:00 am the day he came back. He’s telling a TOTAL lie when he said he was only going for the night. 
Just look at the size of his luggage That’s not an overnight bag

But, hey, if I had the means to flee this cold weather and stay at the Ritz in Cancun. I would be gone too

F0F1A7AF-F43D-4B0B-868C-FA1AD84CDFA3.jpeg

He carrying another overnight bag under his shirt.

You also notice no one else in the airport.  That’s because no one leaves Cancun at 6am

I’ve been there twice. And trust me no one is sober enough to be up that early

• Haha 1

Our power company notified us that the state electric grid is now back to normal and no longer needing rolling blackouts from various members. Any outages are from downed lines, shortouts, etc. It was hot enough and sunny enough to take almost all ice out of trees, lines, roads and even roofs. We have one last night of sub 20s to deal with and 50s with sun across most of the state tomorrow. Then back to our normal spring with rare lows under 32F and most highs 60s & 70s from now on. They still have major problems with needing to boil water like my son & daughter still need to do just 5 minutes from us while we are fine. They have a lot of major pipe ruptures throughout the state which requires a lot of work to repair before they can get back on the no boil necessary norm. We feel very lucky that we have had minor problems to deal with while others like my daughter's sister in law lost all power way too long and are now trying to clean out a thawing house whose pipes have broken throughout their home in Dallas. They could not get their water cut off fast enough to prevent major interior flooding. Millions in Texas have the same problem now.