THE BROWNS BOARD

President's Week Trivia

The Gipper

It is less than a week before Presidents Day. Which means that I present my usual Presidential Trivia, which you can expect several questions a day from now until next Monday. Here are today's. Give your answers:
1. Name the 4 Presidents who were assassinated.

2. Name the two Presidents who died the very same day the very same year.

3. A. Hillary Clinton, had she been elected, at 5'5" would actually have only been the second shortest POTUS we would have had. Who was the shortest?

B. Who was our tallest President?

4. The 25th Amendment has actually been invoked twice. Who were the two President's for whom the VP had to take over for briefly?

5. There have actually been 5 Presidents who attained the Presidency despite losing the national popular vote. Name them.

Here are today, Wednesday's President's Week trivia:

Today's Presidents Week Trivia:
1. Who was the youngest President when he took office?

2. Who is the oldest President when he took office?

3. Which Potus died at the youngest age?

4. Which Potus lived the longest?

5. What was the longest space in years between the death of 2 Presidents? Name them.

It is less than a week before Presidents Day. Which means that I present my usual Presidential Trivia, which you can expect several questions a day from now until next Monday. Here are today's. Give your answers:
1. Name the 4 Presidents who were assassinated.
Lincoln,  Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy.   (and some rumors say that Harding may have been poisoned...by his wife no less.)

2. Name the two Presidents who died the very same day the very same year.
John Adams and Thomas Jefferson.   Both died on July 4, 1826,   exactly 50 years to the day after the official dating of the Declaration of Independence

3. A. Hillary Clinton, had she been elected, at 5'5" would actually have only been the second shortest POTUS we would have had. Who was the shortest?
James Madison at  5'4".    Next were Benjamin Harrison and Martin Van Buren, both at 5'6"

B. Who was our tallest President?
Abraham Lincoln  6'4"    Then LBJ  at  6'3.5".  Then Trump at 6'3".

4. The 25th Amendment has actually been invoked twice. Who were the two President's for whom the VP had to take over for briefly?
Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.   Both were for less than a day due to being placed under anesthesia due to medical procedures....like a colonoscopy for Bush.  I did NOT find that the 25th Amendment was invoked after Reagan was shot. 

5. There have actually been 5 Presidents who attained the Presidency despite losing the national popular vote. Name them.
 John Quincy Adams  lost by about  38,000 votes
Benjamin Harrison  lost by about 90,000
Rutherford B. Hayes  lost by about 252,000
George W. Bush  lost by about 543,000
Donald Trump lost by about 2,868,000
  • Thanks 1

Today's Presidents Week Trivia:

1. Who was the youngest President when he took office?
Teddy Roosevelt  Age 42.   Next were JFK  43, Clinton and Grant  46, Obama 47

2. Who is the oldest President when he took office?
Biden  78   Next were Trump  70, Reagan 69, WH Harrison 68

3. Which Potus died at the youngest age?
Kennedy  age  46.   Next was Garfield  49,  Polk  53, Lincoln 56

4. Which Potus lived the longest?
Jimmy Carter   96 and counting.   Next were GHW Bush  94, then  Ford and Reagan  93

5. What was the longest space in years between the death of 2 Presidents? Name them.
About  27 years passed between the death of George Washington in 1799  and then  Adams and Jefferson on the same day, July 4, 1826.    The next longest gap was between the deaths of LBJ and Nixon, 21 years apart. 
  • Thanks 1

Day 3    Presidents Week  Trivia.

Here is today's Potus Trivia.    Today....all about Military Service:

1. Which President held/holds  the highest military rank  ever?

2.  Which President, of those that served,   held the lowest Military Rank?

3. Which President  served in active military service  AFTER  his term of office?

4. Which is the only President to have received the Congressional Medal of Honor?

5.  Which  2 Presidents  were  POWs  at some point?

6. What  2 Presidents assumed active "battlefield command"   while they were Commander-in Chief? 

31 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Gipper ruins every forum he enters...

ONE fucking simple fun thread......vs. thousands on this forum that you all have ruined. 

It just confirms to me that you here are all ignorant, stupid, lazy rim lickers. 

FYI, it had been contemplated that I and others involved may have purchased this operation.  If so, this particular venue may have been eliminated. 

But Steve likes it, so it survives. 

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

ONE fucking simple fun thread......vs. thousands on this forum that you all have ruined. 

It just confirms to me that you here are all ignorant, stupid, lazy rim lickers. 

FYI, it had been contemplated that I and others involved may have purchased this operation.  If so, this particular venue may have been eliminated. 

But Steve likes it, so it survives. 

[cut]

With all due respect.

WSS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Gipper is some fat old guy who likes to visit national parks and play trivia.  Ignore him.

but there is nothing wrong with our National Parks.

It is just a diversion to not talk about the FAILURE of the biden "mafia" radical sombeitch group.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Leave me out of this you pompous posing bragging bilious blowhard phony. If you don't like it stay the fuck off and continue to bore people to death on the other forums.

With all due respect.

WSS

So, are you saying you don't like this forum?   All I said about you was that you like this forum.  But if I am wrong, so be it.  

I just thought maybe...since after all it will be President's day soon,  that  it might be a small bit of fun to do a little Presidential trivia.

But, apparently, clearly  most everyone here is so overly wrapped up and obsessed with their  racism, ignorance, greed, hate, turpitude that they don't have time for a little bit of harmless fun or to even think a little bit about some trivial knowledge?   I think YOU are the  guys that must have some kind of contest going on  as to who can prove themselves to be the biggest  troglodyte.   Who is winning? 

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

but there is nothing wrong with our National Parks.

It is just a diversion to not talk about the FAILURE of the biden "mafia" radical sombeitch group.

So?    Asking simply   if you know  who the tallest and the shortest Presidents are is some kind of diversion not to talk about some other current subject?  And the same for asking which President received the Congressional Medal of Honor...that too is a diversion? 

Explain how that works?   And when mjp  posts recipes I guess that too is a diversion from that?  So, explain that one as well. 

Okay so I've deleted a lot of the harsher comments from this thread. I'm not a big fan of censorship and I hardly ever do it and I'm only doing it now because it seems like your temper was getting out of control. And I know how you get when you start to get frustrated and by your own admission it's not good for your health.

There's nothing that particularly offends me about your trivia obsession and you post it on the Browns board and in the barbershop and on Facebook, fair enough. I suppose if somebody insisted on starting a thread about auto repair or women's fashion we would simply just move it to the barbershop. That's what it's there for. This one exists just to keep the political horseshit off the Browns board. And it does get more traffic than any other thread besides BB . I guess some of the guys here felt that the pontificating about trivia might be a bit over-the-top and maybe a little too widespread. The conversation here is not always as polite and thoughtful as even I would like it to be but that's life. So I would suggest you save yourself the grief if you are going to go berserk when somebody gives you some shit.

WSS

• Haha 1