THE BROWNS BOARD

JJ Watt to Cardinals

Silver slayer

The max 2021 cap is 11M under our salary liabilities for 2021 as of today, 2/18.  Definition of liabilities is the sum of contracted player cap numbers and dead money for the 2021 season. [I manually copy-pasted that page into my own Excel file to verify]

We have signed neither rookies nor anyone who was on our roster last year and is now a FA let alone any "outside" FA.

Current liabilities: 196. Current max 2021 cap: 185. Don't believe this? Great! However, today's cap negotiations update supports a valuation of 185.

At present the way Cleveland gets under the 2021 cap is to.. use 11M of the one-year cap space.  Every rookie and every FA also will count against that space.

Berry certainly may restructure a few people -- but he hasn't yet.

17 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

The max 2021 cap is 11M under our salary liabilities for 2021 as of today, 2/18.  Definition of liabilities is the sum of contracted player cap numbers and dead money for the 2021 season. [I manually copy-pasted that page into my own Excel file to verify]

We have signed neither rookies nor anyone who was on our roster last year and is now a FA let alone any "outside" FA.

Current liabilities: 196. Current max 2021 cap: 185. Don't believe this? Great! However, today's cap negotiations update supports a valuation of 185.

At present the way Cleveland gets under the 2021 cap is to.. use 11M of the one-year cap space.  Every rookie and every FA also will count against that space.

Nothing motivates quite like necessity.

Of course, there are some outright cuts he could make as well that it doesn't look like anyone here has mentioned ....  yet.

is Watt just a name much like Clowney was  (thank god we didnt sign that ass clown) one thing about watt compared to clowney is that I have never heard of watt taking plays let alone games off  and watt is a leader among men But can u count on him to be on the field ? sign him to the league minimum and see what he brings

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Nothing motivates quite like necessity.

Of course, there are some outright cuts he could make as well that it doesn't look like anyone here has mentioned ....  yet.

Njoku saves 6m

Richardson saves 10.5M

OBJ trade saves 15M 

We don’t have many “bad” contracts. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

What was Terrance Mitchell's overall grade at PFF last season ? Mitch was 28, can't recall the guy even missing a practice. Started all 16 games & had his best stat year in his 7 year career.. Of all our FA's, he's the keeper imo.. Played for 3.3M  per/ yr., the last 3 seasons.. I see no market value.. but can we squeeze 5M per?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Orion said:

So is Richardson not worth having?  

Eye of the beholder.

How does this front office and coaching staff feel an increased role for Elliot along with the return of Billings will play out?  What is the draft strategy like as well? 

Csnt answer the Sheldon question without answering those first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seems like a bold move to get rid of Richardson considering they are allowing Ogunjobi to leave via free agency. 

Yeah I’m not sure I’d do it.

He’s older and paid fairly well but he’s always available.  Maybe you get a better pass rush presence in his place 

of course now his wifey has to get involved  she plays soccer in chicago and said she wants hubby to sign with the bears 

also i am sure that a offer has all ready been made and watt is just using us 

which is fine by me as i could give a rats ass if he signs with us or not

The Packers are currently projected to be over the 2021 salary cap, so they’re making a couple moves to trim some veteran salaries.

Green Bay released linebacker Christian Kirksey and offensive tackle Rick Wagner, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Kirksey, who signed a two-year, $13 million contract last year, was a starter when healthy but missed five games last season. Cutting him saves almost $6 million in cap space.

Wagner played in all 16 games last year and was on the field for 59 percent of the Packers’ offensive snaps. He signed a two-year, $11 million contract last year and cutting him will save more than $4 million in cap space.

this is from PFT

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

of course now his wifey has to get involved  she plays soccer in chicago and said she wants hubby to sign with the bears 

also i am sure that a offer has all ready been made and watt is just using us 

which is fine by me as i could give a rats ass if he signs with us or not

Well then it looks like he is going to Chicago 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:19 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Come on - He can sleep on the couch for a year. Sign with the Browns and then go to Chicago the following year 

Well, JJ posted this picture on Twitter. Read into it whatever you will.  Browns or Bills???  Dogs, but lots of blue there too.  Hmmm soccer on the TV- Chicago?  :D  

Image result for jj watt dog photo

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So it's his fault what happened down in Houston this past couple of weeks!!😂

Actually,  as much to blame for that as anyone is one mister  Jerrah Jones.  For real.    I hear he is gouging the shit out of the citizens of Texas for their natural gas of which he apparently controls quite a bit.   And apparently he was gleeful about it,  crying out how he hit the jackpot with that disaster.     What a scum sucking  cockhole!:  

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/02/19/jerry-jones-gas-company-jacks-prices-during-texas-power-crisis

On 2/18/2021 at 5:39 PM, ATOM said:
  1. is Watt just a name much like Clowney was  (thank god we didnt sign that ass clown) one thing about watt compared to clowney is that I have never heard of watt taking plays let alone games off  and watt is a leader among men
  2. But can u count on him to be on the field ?
  3. sign him to the league minimum and see what he brings
  1. No
  2. No
  3. LMAO...
On 2/18/2021 at 7:28 PM, Erie Dawg said:

Now the rumors of Von Miller being possibly in play are interesting. I'd take either one.

Stop it!

Miller is due to make $22mm. What part of Cap crunch do you knot understand besides all of it?

1. No
  2. No
  3. LMAO...

Stop it!

Miller is due to make $22mm. What part of Cap crunch do you knot understand besides all of it?

If watt plays for league min it’s in Pittsburgh and no where else. He’s getting too much attention otherwise. I’d also be shocked if Denver moves on from Miller. Crazy shit has happened tho, I just want the cap number released and the off-season to move forward because I’m tired of the speculation train. In my case Ben. You are either playing at a steep discount or retiring. I don’t want the Steelers to blow up the time for one last ride kind of thing.

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

If watt plays for league min it’s in Pittsburgh and no where else. He’s getting too much attention otherwise. I’d also be shocked if Denver moves on from Miller. Crazy shit has happened tho, I just want the cap number released and the off-season to move forward because I’m tired of the speculation train. In my case Ben. You are either playing at a steep discount or retiring. I don’t want the Steelers to blow up the time for one last ride kind of thing.

For  any  smart or realistic  people out there,  if  Watt goes anywhere to play for much "below market"  it is likely Green Bay.   He is not going to play in Pittsburgh for the league veteran minimum just to play with his brothers.  If he plays for  a decent amount of money there, it could hurt their chances of signing  TJ Watt to a decent extension.   He is not going to screw his brother up. 

BR either retiring or taking a huge cut still won't solve Pisstown's problems.

• Upvote 1