THE BROWNS BOARD

SHRINKING STIMULUS more lies from Biden

Vambo

3 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Isn’t this a good thing for you fiscally conservative minded folks?

bout time you admitted you're a liberal.

It isn't a good thing to do the covid payments, sure. But it's a necessity.

The liberal emotional knee jerk self-serving political benefit "fixes" backfire.

Like "no child left behind". sounds good. sounds great. But there are severe problems

in generalizations.

Like, the standardized testing - didn't account for special ed students.

So schools with large special ed programs suffered to have an approved rating.

Like lbj's "great society", that helped single parent families. Except, it led to boyfriends not husbands, kids with

no father (bailed), and poor young women simply had children out of wedlock again and again to get more and more money, because that is how they would qualify.

So, dishing out payments based on a general income is stupid. Most folks tend to live up to their abilities.

More expensive homes, maybe a 300 thousand dollar RV, who knew a communist chinese virus would overtake the entire earth?

We've known some young folks with nice incomes who bought big fancy houses. But they worked years before they could

buy furniture for their house, without going garage sale used specials. Those folks, and owner of a company, sure, last year before covid he might make over two hundred grand. Not this year after covid. yet he won't get a badly needed check because of his income?

It's far more complicated than a simple ideological executive order. the left doesn't care - because it suits their emotional knee jerk needs.

Simply put, a complicated truth gets lost in simple corrupt emotional self-serving actions.

35 minutes ago, Axe said:

I see you have no problem with lies..

You bleed Brown because you are full of shit.

Dang Axe. All making fun of my handle and everything. You just think of that one now or you been sitting on it? 

Do you truly expect politicians to be honest? That’s like believing in unicorns man. I mean, you can set your expectations to whatever you want them to be, but l’d turn into one grumpy ass guy if l expected absolute honesty from the likes of politicians. 

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It most certainly is. I say fuck this stimulus just ride it out. Even if I was Biden. It's so early in the presidency you really don't need to flush trillions down the toilet. You have no challenge for at least two years. At this present time the best solution is to lean in and take one for the team. Too many of these Deadbeats forget that bill is going to come do sooner or later. I just bailed out an idiot family member who didn't pay their utility bills for months supposedly because of. They don't give you that money they just delay add and then six months okay Gas and Electric comes do all at once. Same with this idiotic stimulus. No doubt it will spur the stock market but you're just kicking the can down the road.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

It most certainly is. I say fuck this stimulus just ride it out. Even if I was Biden. It's so early in the presidency you really don't need to flush trillions down the toilet. You have no challenge for at least two years. At this present time the best solution is to lean in and take one for the team. Too many of these Deadbeats forget that bill is going to come do sooner or later. I just bailed out an idiot family member who didn't pay their utility bills for months supposedly because of. They don't give you that money they just delay add and then six months okay Gas and Electric comes do all at once. Same with this idiotic stimulus. No doubt it will spur the stock market but you're just kicking the can down the road.

WSS

That’s sorta where l’m coming from. Maybe not as exuberantly. I figure there are folks out there who really really do need it and it would be nice if we could come up with an easy formula to get it to just those folks and soften the collective financial blow in the process. 

25 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

That’s sorta where l’m coming from. Maybe not as exuberantly. I figure there are folks out there who really really do need it and it would be nice if we could come up with an easy formula to get it to just those folks and soften the collective financial blow in the process. 

Oh I'm sure there are people who need money. Just not that many. And if the aim is to ease the suffering a little bit fine. Not pay them more than they ever made in their lives. Plus like Y2K 911 any other crisis that's hit people will naturally use it as an excuse to fuck off. A lot of people are okay with unemployment even though it pays a little bit less than they made at the job and will stay on it as long as they keep writing checks.

It's going to boil down to what percentage of the American population is comfortable spend the rest of their lives on welfare no matter what it's called.

WSS

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I see what you're saying but the problem is the bald faced lies. First $2000 is an immediate and absolute campaign promise - a bribe really. Openly buying votes but then the bullshit starts. Oh it's not really $2000. It's 1400. Now not everyone gets it. Just the "eligible" and note that number keeps creeping down. They're really looking for a way to only give the borked stimulus to minorities but of course they can't say that. That would be honest. So they're going to end up creeping the income eligibility to people making under something like $50,000 a year before they settle and then they'll only do partial payments to some people. 

Liars. Filth. Trash. Democrats 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I see what you're saying but the problem is the bald faced lies. First $2000 is an immediate and absolute campaign promise - a bribe really. Openly buying votes but then the bullshit starts. Oh it's not really $2000. It's 1400. Now not everyone gets it. Just the "eligible" and note that number keeps creeping down. They're really looking for a way to only give the borked stimulus to minorities but of course they can't say that. That would be honest. So they're going to end up creeping the income eligibility to people making under something like $50,000 a year before they settle and then they'll only do partial payments to some people. 

Liars. Filth. Trash. Democrats 

This could be seen as a win win then. Less deficit spending, and exposing democrats for the scoundrels they are. 

And a very random thing. You used the expression “bald faced lie”, but l thought the expression was “bold faced lie.” Anyway, l went down a rabbit hole of discovery, and apparently both are correct and stem from an even older term: bare faced lie. Anyway, here’s the rabbit hole.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/is-that-lie-bald-faced-or-bold-faced-or-barefaced