THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

One of the most beautiful songs ever written:

This is one of the most covered songs in music history from what I understand

Yeah we did it. We had extra time in the studio  when we were doing "Garden of the Gods".. So we popped this one out in record (no pun intended) time ;)

Sony contacted us on behalf of the Cohen estate. Once they saw our licensing was all in order all they said was "Awesome Job"!

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I was referring to The Year of the Cat. But yes....cool

I know you were. I used to do that song with another in a 12 string duet back in the 70s..

Just thought I'd post something of ours that addressed covers brought up earlier and beautiful songs that didn't stress old ears ;)

• Upvote 1

"Ten to get yourself in" was true back in the 60's. They had a lot of nice girls down there who all said they 

were from Houston and they wanted you to feed your quarters into the Juke box. If you claimed you had 

only $8 they'd give you the discounted throw.  LOL!

BTW: Fuck Marvin Zindler Eyewitness News. Ruined a damn good thing for womanless A&M. But Broadway & Hollywood made a mint off it.

WIKI:  The "Chicken Ranch" story

Zindler made local and national headlines when he and fellow journalist Larry Conners reported on a long-lived brothel known as the Chicken Ranch in Fayette County, Texas, near La Grange, which led to its closure in 1973. The Chicken Ranch story was featured in a 1973 edition of Texas Monthly magazine,[6] two 1974 issues of Playboy magazine, was the basis for the Broadway and film musical The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, in which the character of Melvin P. Thorpe was based on Zindler. It also served as the basis of the song "La Grange" by ZZ Top. The closing did not go well with the sheriff of Fayette County, Jim T. Flournoy, who later attacked Zindler in a fight that left Zindler with two fractured ribs, along with a snatched toupee. Reportedly, Flournoy waved the hairpiece in the air as if it were a prized enemy scalp and threw it in the street.[3]

Governor Dolph Briscoe closed the operation, only to have it open again after a few months. Then Zindler stepped in to shed more light on the operation, which led to its being closed for good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"Ten to get yourself in" was true back in the 60's. They had a lot of nice girls down there who all said they 

were from Houston and they wanted you to feed your quarters into the Juke box. If you claimed you had 

only $8 they'd give you the discounted throw.  LOL!

BTW: Fuck Marvin Zindler Eyewitness News. Ruined a damn good thing for womanless A&M. But Broadway & Hollywood made a mint off it.

WIKI:  The "Chicken Ranch" story

Zindler made local and national headlines when he and fellow journalist Larry Conners reported on a long-lived brothel known as the Chicken Ranch in Fayette County, Texas, near La Grange, which led to its closure in 1973. The Chicken Ranch story was featured in a 1973 edition of Texas Monthly magazine,[6] two 1974 issues of Playboy magazine, was the basis for the Broadway and film musical The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas, in which the character of Melvin P. Thorpe was based on Zindler. It also served as the basis of the song "La Grange" by ZZ Top. The closing did not go well with the sheriff of Fayette County, Jim T. Flournoy, who later attacked Zindler in a fight that left Zindler with two fractured ribs, along with a snatched toupee. Reportedly, Flournoy waved the hairpiece in the air as if it were a prized enemy scalp and threw it in the street.[3]

Governor Dolph Briscoe closed the operation, only to have it open again after a few months. Then Zindler stepped in to shed more light on the operation, which led to its being closed for good. 

Billy Gibbons is such an under appreciated guitarist.

• Thanks 1

@ATOM   There's a restored 20 year anniversary edition of Space Lord somewhere on YT that's uncensored.  

It sucks being the very last part of that generation/age group who valued, loved and grew up with good rock still being made and broadcast widely over the radio.   Not that I've looked lately, but I don't recall hearing it the last I checked.  So sadly I have to go back 15 years.

OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.🏆

Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:10 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

OK time for an original James Corden drive around with....................................................well worth listening to one of the greatest voices ever in pop music. They go through a litany of all her best songs. Really impressive that neither really needs a "backup" other than the music. What a voice she has!! (Oh and if you like this try the other great one with Paul McCartney). 

Her best one is "Million Reasons" at 12:37 mark if you don't feel like listening to the whole ride.🏆

Compare that to her original official one. Not much different.

Don't like her.

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Don't like her.

I used to think of her as a Madonna copycat, but she grew on me with all that talent. The other female from NYC that always amazed me with talent was Barbara. And to think she was a mere teenager when "People" came out. Decades later she still has it. She was 73 or 74 when she recorded this in 2016. She turns 79 in April.