THE BROWNS BOARD

Extremism in the Military

Ibleedbrown

9 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It was probably a matter if time before extremist behavior spilled over into the military ranks. It appears that may be starting to happen. I hope we can reel in the fringe ideologies. 

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/defense-secretary-lloyd-austin-ordered-104905631.html?__twitter_impression=true

Oh shut the fuk up.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Eh? What good can come from the military being at odds with one another? I’m sorry man but l’m not a fan of the extremism from either side. All it does is cause problems for folks in the middle.

Obviously you have never served in the military.

• Upvote 1

I find it very worrisome that the Democrats are taking steps to make sure that the military is all democrat loyalists. If they are successful the military will soon be no better than imperial stormtroopers. Make no mistake here. Democrats are not the solution. They ARE the clear and present danger to america. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It was probably a matter if time before extremist behavior spilled over into the military ranks. It appears that may be starting to happen. I hope we can reel in the fringe ideologies. 

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/defense-secretary-lloyd-austin-ordered-104905631.html?__twitter_impression=true

so, there it is. Flaming liberal pretends to be reasonable, middle of the road. Now grabs onto the asinine paranoia by the biden regime about our military.

ibb, yes, you should have kept from that stupid statement above. If you had ever been in the military, you would know better.

I can't think of a word far worse than stupid, but if I could, it would certainly apply to your post.

Bad moon risin folks - obaMao commie's "civilian security force" didn't fly...so they seem to demand only leftwing loyalists in our military, who will follow illegal orders etc, as a backdoor way of accomplishing it.

Just the thought is terrible, actually going to do it is frightening to most Americans.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I find it very worrisome that the Democrats are taking steps to make sure that the military is all democrat loyalists. If they are successful the military will soon be no better than imperial stormtroopers. Make no mistake here. Democrats are not the solution. They ARE the clear and present danger to america. 

Hey! You used a movie title!

I suppose enlighten me if l am misguided about anything here. I think it’s pretty evident that elements of extremism are things l’m concerned about and view as bad for the nation. I don’t play favorites in this regard. I’ve done quite a bit of research on Antifa and have posted it for your viewing pleasure. I think it’s important to weed it all out. If l see an article about extremists within the military, why shouldn’t we be concerned about that as well?

Extremism creates extremism. It’s the way society balances itself out. If some group of whacky taco enthusiasts decide  that tacos should be eaten at every meal and are determined to harass those who don’t, you can damn well bet another group of anti-taco folks will band together to oppose them and harass the taco eaters of the world. It’s a stupid analogy but that’s how these things work.

Antifa isn't my worry. Antifa is a bunch of dumb fuck college kids playing ninjas. My problem is the actual democrat party consolidating their power in a full scale attempt at totaltarianism complete with orwellian thought police and going after rights in the name of public safety. Purges and the immediate branding of every last person that dares to disagree with their neo marxist total government control bullshit as some kind of alt right white supremacist terrorist. They're literally tearing the country and the constitution to pieces right in front of your faces but you're too distracted by the daily two minute hate for trump to notice that you're the next enemy once he's run its course. 

• Thanks 1

I can’t seem to quote anyone due to the on and off functionality that has been going on a few months with the board. 

To Cysko, sure, l agree Antifa is less concerning after digging into the research. I simply don’t think they have the legs or appeal to get much bigger than what they are. Nonetheless, their presence and activity as an ultra leftist extremist group creates the void for a group or groups to oppose them. And now we have rightist extremist groups like the Proud Boys. If either side grows in power or influence we will see a countermove on the other side to balance out. This shit has happened time and time again throughout history.

And much of what you’re describing, the govt going after rights and the thought police and such, extremist behavior is part of that formula. The general public sees the chaos, confrontations and violence and begs the govt to intervene. Please Uncle Sam, save us. 

Moral of the story is to lessen the extremist behavior and that will lessen the demand for govt involvement. 

"but this is how I FEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLL even though I was never in the military, I'm still an expert I FEEEEELLLLL,, and I don't know any history, but it makes me FEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLL good to sound pseudo-intellectual and............."

• Upvote 1

I appreciated the article on the Weathermen. Interesting read. Per the article it looks like the seeds of the movement started in post WW II 1950s and seemed to start off as a well intentioned thing. It appears the extremism started happening in the 1960s. That would line up with right wing extremist activity that occurred after the passing of Brown vs. the Board of Education. From Wiki:

According to American political scientist George Michael, "right-wing terrorism and violence has a long history in America".[74] In the aftermath of the Brown v. Board of Education decision (1954), members of a resurgent Ku Klux Klanperpetrated a campaign of terrorism against blacks, civil rights activists, Jews, and others.[75] Klansmen bombed the 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama, in 1963, killing four African Americangirls, and carried out other murders as well, including those of James Chaney, Andrew Goodman, and Michael Schwerner (1963), Lemuel Penn (1964), Viola Liuzzo (1965), and Michael Donald.[75][76] Between 1956 and 1963, an estimated 130 bombings were perpetrated in the South.[75]

Like l said, one influences the other. It shows up virtually every time throughout history. None of it is good.

And Cal, your “FEEEL” comments are tired. I’m giving some perspective, citing references, explaining what l can as best l can and asking for your perspective in turn. Mocking people is more of a reflection on you than it is on them. Let that reflection show someone with dignity who doesn’t have to resort to mockery.