THE BROWNS BOARD

Pittsburgh Issues

Browns149

Being a big OSU fan, I never thought he would be a good pro. And he hasn’t been so far

Let’s hope he continues to suck when he gets his chance in pittspuke 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30753883/source-ex-washington-qb-dwayne-haskins-agrees-pittsburgh-steelers

32 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yup...

He has a chance of being good, but I can't squint hard enough to see great.

He's going to be 3rd on our depth chart, there are people losing their minds over it because they don't understand the why.  The why is it's risk free and if he's ANYTHING AT ALL he's a RFA after the one year and they can reposition themselves for a longer term deal.  He's been pretty bad at the NFL level, the one stat steeler depot posted was he's 10-48 with passes over 20 yards.  He needs to mature and a lot and if he does he has the talent but it's a big damn if.  I'm happy about it because it's good depth but no one with a brain is holding out hope he's the heir apparent.  I also thought Mason looked shockingly competent in the Browns game this year but it was also a shift in our offense.  We put more speed on the field and essentially ran a crash formation for most of that game.  As of now I just hope the Steelers bring in pep hamilton and give him the OC job and that they hire Fraley to be our line coach.  We may lose our db coach tho AND matt canada if he doesn't get our OC job. Hue Jackson is also being interviewed and I'm alright with him at OC, just not HC where he was clearly pretty damn bad. (spamming all my steeler shit in here to spare you all more in other threads) 😘

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

He's going to be 3rd on our depth chart, there are people losing their minds over it because they don't understand the why. 

Who is losing their minds?  No one here. 

The why is it's risk free and if he's ANYTHING AT ALL he's a RFA after the one year and they can reposition themselves for a longer term deal.

Fair point.  No risk, no biscuit.

He's been pretty bad at the NFL level, the one stat steeler depot posted was he's 10-48 with passes over 20 yards.  He needs to mature and a lot and if he does he has the talent but it's a big damn if. 

He does seemingly have talent, and he does need to mature.. 

I'm happy about it because it's good depth but no one with a brain is holding out hope he's the heir apparent.  I also thought Mason looked shockingly competent in the Browns game this year but it was also a shift in our offense. 

Competent?  Sure.  But that is about as far  as you need to go with your praise. 

We put more speed on the field and essentially ran a crash formation for most of that game.

Wait.....are you saying that your team has been holding back on putting in speed players at points in the year? 

As of now I just hope the Steelers bring in pep hamilton and give him the OC job and that they hire Fraley to be our line coach.  We may lose our db coach tho AND matt canada if he doesn't get our OC job. Hue Jackson is also being interviewed and I'm alright with him at OC, just not HC where he was clearly pretty damn bad. (spamming all my steeler shit in here to spare you all more in other threads) 😘

Hue?  alrighty then.  Dang-Blasted: December 2014

He's going to be 3rd on our depth chart,  He's been pretty bad at the NFL level, the one stat steeler depot posted was he's 10-48 with passes over 20 yards.  He needs to mature and a lot and if he does he has the talent but it's a big damn if.  I'm happy about it because it's good

I also thought Mason looked shockingly competent in the Browns game this year 

As of now I just hope the Steelers bring in pep hamilton and give him the OC job

Hue Jackson is also being interviewed and I'm alright with him at OC, just not HC where he was clearly pretty damn bad. 

Image   put your pot pipe down.... 😎

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is the 40 mill that says he may not....because no way do they want to pay a broken down old horse that kind of money. Unless he cuts that in at least half or more, they may just say "Sayonora". 

Especially with the cap scaling back...

• Upvote 1

It’s REALLY REALLY REALLY complicated but from what I can comprehend, they are screwed if he stays or if they cut him

He could always retire and give up that money. WINK WINK WINK

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-is-this-the-end-of-big-ben-in-pittsburgh-the-qbs-contract-spells-trouble-if-he-stays-or-goes/amp/

3 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Good luck maturing under the  tutelage of a rapist

Lazy take, be better. I've lived in ohio now for off an on 15 years including college, do you know how much I've heard this? The only raping hes done is the raping of the Cleveland Browns.  I'm glad Baker Mayfield finally took the wins mantle in your own fucking stadium.  You need to be better, hell gipper who i have on ignore is better and he's TERRIBLE at insults. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Hell, they don't even know if Ben will be back. 

He will be back and I highly doubt he's paid what he's owed.  If he really wants guys like juju back he's going to need to sign an extension on a qualifying level with voidable years and bring his hit down. Tomlin is also doing these hires in the right way, bringing in a line coach before he hires an OC to make sure they jive and the candidates are pretty good.  Fraley for the line and possibly pep hamilton at OC.  Ben has already said he wants to be back so the only way he doesn't return is if the Steelers don't want him. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Ben has already said he wants to be back so the only way he doesn't return is if the Steelers don't want him. 

He's getting a little long in the tooth.🧛‍♂️ His understudy played better against us the week before. Brees is going out the right way, just as he's starting to be a tad off he goes into the broadcast business where I think we will do very well. He will be announcing after the Superbowl most likely.

https://www.aol.com/drew-brees-reveals-plan-decision-035617386.html

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Lazy take, be better. I've lived in ohio now for off an on 15 years including college, do you know how much I've heard this? The only raping hes done is the raping of the Cleveland Browns.  I'm glad Baker Mayfield finally took the wins mantle in your own fucking stadium.  You need to be better, hell gipper who i have on ignore is better and he's TERRIBLE at insults. 

He has been accused of rape twice. And settled out of court with one of the victims. So, yes he’s a rapist. Why is that a lazy take?

11 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He's going to be 3rd on our depth chart, there are people losing their minds over it because they don't understand the why.  The why is it's risk free and if he's ANYTHING AT ALL he's a RFA after the one year and they can reposition themselves for a longer term deal.  He's been pretty bad at the NFL level, the one stat steeler depot posted was he's 10-48 with passes over 20 yards.  He needs to mature and a lot and if he does he has the talent but it's a big damn if.  I'm happy about it because it's good depth but no one with a brain is holding out hope he's the heir apparent. 

As of now I just hope the Steelers bring in pep hamilton and give him the OC job and that they hire Fraley to be our line coach.  We may lose our db coach tho AND matt canada if he doesn't get our OC job. Hue Jackson is also being interviewed and I'm alright with him at OC, just not HC where he was clearly pretty damn bad. (spamming all my steeler shit in here to spare you all more in other threads) 😘

Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

That's not Hue...

Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Browns149 said:

He has been accused of rape twice. And settled out of court with one of the victims. So, yes he’s a rapist. Why is that a lazy take?

It’s lazy because it’s a dead horse. It’s lazy because it has zero to do with the maturation of Dwayne Haskins. Ben at a younger age was a skeeze ball. I saw it first hand when he would pop up out at the bars and the women would fucking essentially line up. The girl in Georgia followed him from bar to bar, that doesn’t sound like a rape victim. It sounds like a sorority girl that has sex with a pro athlete in a bathroom and when he didn’t want to date it became something else. Go read the reports. Either way it’s lazy for the first two reasons and it’s old and tired. Be better.

50 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree on your Haskins take. He has at minimum backup level skills.

And, yes, Hue was a good OC, but... you can't trust the man. He's an insecure backbiter. Tomlin needs, and I suspect likes, staff who will disagree vehemently as long as their stance is an honest one and can then walk away in harmony.

That's not Hue...

Hue will tell you what he thinks you want to hear and then harbor grudge after grudge until he can't help but grumble about you.

Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

If you consider accuracy terrible, so be it.   And if Ben is not a rapist....it was not for lack of trying.  

8 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He will be back and I highly doubt he's paid what he's owed.  If he really wants guys like juju back he's going to need to sign an extension on a qualifying level with voidable years and bring his hit down. Tomlin is also doing these hires in the right way, bringing in a line coach before he hires an OC to make sure they jive and the candidates are pretty good.  Fraley for the line and possibly pep hamilton at OC.  Ben has already said he wants to be back so the only way he doesn't return is if the Steelers don't want him. 

And, the Steelers may not want him.   About a 33% chance they don't want him. Far, far greater than that if he doesn't cut what he wants in half......and Hell No, they have no interest in extending him.  They would like him to follow Rivers into retirement.     And Juju is gone.   They need to cut salary and he is one guy they can dump because they can do just fine without him with Claypool, Dionte whatever his name is, and Washington.

Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this.

Well, we agree that Tomlin does not require yes men....and  you have no basis to disagree otherwise.

I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

Well. We DO know enough about Hue to know that he is not just a bad coach, but the most epically bad head coach of all time....if you are what your record is. Only Bert Bell who was the team owner and wouldn't fire himself had a worse record in all of NFL history.  And, is he a good offensive mind?  He provided no evidence of that while here....so you need to hold up on that assessment.  And yes, you would be better with either of the other guys.    I think even pep Hamilton was here for awhile. 

I honestly thought they'd go for Sam Darnold. I'm not sure he's going to be good, but he didn't get much of a chance at New York. I honestly think Sam would excel in an offense like ours. He's built for it. 

You know who else is? Baker Mayfield. I beg people to go back and watch the KC game, as painful as it was. Some of his throws were stupid incredible. Just wait until we can stretch the field. Future is bright, fellas. 

Hue Jackson joining the Steelers as OC is great news... For the Browns. 

I would only sign him as an assistant to the coffe maker. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, Vagitron said:

Tomlin isn’t a guy that requires yes men so I disagree with some of this. I don’t know enough about hue other than he’s a good offensive mind and a bad head coach. I still think it will end up being Matt Canada but I’d be plenty happy with pep Hamilton and okay with hue.

Hue was worse than a  BAD head coach.  The WORST in modern NFL history.