THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's 2020 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. 😜🤰

Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.

Spanish Armada was mostly defeated by the weather conditions, which made many ships wreck. It was a shit show from the get go, though. 

Tourist places will always be tourist places, and they thrive on being welcoming. 

4 hours ago, Nero said:

That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.

As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish. 

Yes, that of course is true.  I just know that there have been some questioning of Columbus's  origins. 

The thing is,  over here, Columbus Day is treated much like  an unofficial  "Italian-American" Day"  kind of like St. Patrick's Day for the Irish.   It would burst a lot of bubbles if it were confirmed that Columbus was not from (what is now)  Italy. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fuck Christopher Columbus, regardless of his nationality. 

If it had not been Columbus it would have been some other person/navigator  that would have done the same thing maybe 3- 5 years later.  So, giving Columbus shit is misplaced. In fact, it was some other navigator just a few years later that gave us the name "America".   So, blame Vespucci instead.