THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's 2020 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No risk it, no buiscuit.    No guts, no glory. 

How very true !  You can be a player or a spectator.  I've always  enjoyed being in the game rather than being a "nonparticipating whiner" type. (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Makes the thrill of victory or agony of defeat better as ABC put it.

10. How many rushing yards and rushing touchdowns does Nick Chubb have?

Bob806: 1267, 12

Gipper: 1410, 10

SdBacker80: 1557, 11

DBone: 1208, 13

Nero: 1600, 12

Tour2ma: 1424, 12

Dutch Oven: 1307, 8

gumby73: 1388, 11

Flugel: 1364, 10

Coyote: 1375, 11

Zombo: 1301, 7

TexasAg: 1250, 14

Ibleedbrown: 1076, 14

Answer: Nick Chubb, despite missing four games in '20, still amassed 1067 yards rushing with 12 rushing touchdowns.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: In case you missed the news, Nick Chubb is good at football. An argument could be made that this was his best season to date, considering his career-best 5.6 yards per rush. It is going to be interesting to see what the Browns do concerning Chubb in the future. Overall, Ibleedbrown had the best prediction. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... No one. Without the injury, Chubb was on pace to get to or exceed just about everyone's prediction. 

11. How many TOTAL yards and TOTAL touchdowns does Kareem Hunt have? 

Bob806: 1700, 6

Gipper: 1350, 7

SdBacker80: 854, 7

DBone: 1598, 9

Nero: 1200, 6

Tour2ma: 1105, 8

Dutch Oven: 1105, 8

gumby73: 1227, 7

Flugel: 960, 8

Coyote: 1056, 6

Zombo: 1000, 6

TexasAg: 950, 8

Ibleedbrown: 1540, 8

Answer: Kareem Hunt produced 1145 yards combined, with 11 total touchdowns. He rushed for 841 yards (4.2 per rush) with 6 touchdowns, and added another 304 yards receiving on 38 receptions and 5 touchdowns.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Hunt was a very valuable Robin to Nick Chubb's Batman, giving the Browns the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. While quite a few expected more yards out of Hunt, he exceeded everyone's expectations on touchdowns. Tour for the win. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... A few of the yardage predictions were a tad on the optimistic side, unless the predictor was expecting a season-ending injury early on for Nick Chubb, like Bob806's prediction. 

I feel like I'm hitting the goalpost a lot in these... 

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

(1067/12) x 16 = 1423...

Hmmmmmmmm... :D

Of course... (12/12) x 16 = 16 so....

I did the math to see who was close to the projection, and when I saw it was you, I was like "meh, I'm not saying anything" I didn't have a cookie either. 

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

Man I love this game Dutch! Very well done with your follow up..... best thread of the year.  

Look who is sucking up for the next tiebreaker...

• Haha 4

12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?

Bob806: 16

Gipper: 17

SdBacker80: 19

DBone: 13

Nero: 18

Tour2ma: 17

Dutch Oven: 13

gumby73: 15

Flugel: 14.5

Coyote: 21

Zombo: 21

TexasAg: 21

Ibleedbrown: 18

Answer: Browns DE Myles Garrett had 12 sacks in 2020.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Looks like the liberal hoax also took down Myles Garrett, as he was on pace to possibly winning the Defensive Player of the Year award until he came down with Covid. He never was the same after returning off the Covid List, struggling to catch his breath after most plays. DBone and Dutch Oven share the win on this question. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It's a damn shame we didn't get to see what Garrett would have done if he had stayed healthy, as he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick, and he missed some favorable matchups. Because of this, I'm not going to award anyone this dubious distinction.  

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So much for sucking up, DB... ;)

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So there's no confusion, DBone won the tiebreaker with me on this... 😂

BOOM! 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett have?

Nero: 18

he was on a sack a game pace before getting sick

I rest my case

Hello I'm Nero and I'm here to copy Tour. 

• Haha 2

13. Browns record vs AFC North?

Bob806: 4-1-1

Gipper: 4-2

SdBacker80: 4-2

DBone: 2-4

Nero: 4-2

Tour2ma: 2-4

Dutch Oven: 2-4

gumby73: 3-3

Flugel: 3-3

Coyote: 3-3

Zombo: 4-2

TexasAg: 3-3

Ibleedbrown: 4-2

Answer: The Browns went 3-3 vs their AFC North rivals in 2020. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This category started off rough for the Browns, after they got obliterated by the Ravens and Steelers on the road, but they swept the Bengals and beat a Steelers squad sitting some key starters in the season finale to even their record vs the AFC North. gumby, Flugel, Coyote and TexasAg all share in the spoils of victory.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I suppose Bob806's prediction was a bit optimistic. Maybe next year!

• Like 1

14. What two teams play in the Super Bowl? Who wins? 

Bob806: Kansas City over LA Rams

Gipper: Kansas City over New Orleans

SdBacker80: New Orleans over Kansas City

DBone: Baltimore over San Francisco

Nero: New Orleans over Kansas City

Tour2ma: Tennessee over Dallas

Dutch Oven: Kansas City over New Orleans

gumby73: Kansas City over San Francisco

Flugel: Tampa Bay over Baltimore

Coyote: Kansas City over Tampa Bay

Zombo: Cleveland over Dallas

TexasAg: Kansas City over (?)

Ibleedbrown: Cleveland over Green Bay

Answer: Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs in Super Bowl LV 31-9. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Kansas City seemed primed to repeat as champions, as they went 14-2 in the regular season, but by the time they made it out of the playoffs they were somewhat battered and bruised. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, had hit another gear by the time they took the field at their home stadium, and repeatedly punched the Chiefs in the face. Tom Brady, who obviously sold his soul to the devil, won his seventh Super Bowl title. No one picked a Tampa Bay over Kansas City Super Bowl, but Flugel did predict a Bucs title. Coyote gets an 'atta boy!' for picking the two correct teams, but the wrong result.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... No one picked a matchup of two teams that didn't make the playoffs, but Tour's selection of Dallas as the NFC participant was a doozy, as was TexAg's puzzling choice of no one to play against Kansas City. Something must have been in the Texas water back in September 😋

And this concludes another fun-filled edition of Dutch's Browns Questions! Thank you all for participating, I hope to see you (and more of you) come September 2021 for another round of shenanigans and tomfoolery! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This year, we will add a scoring system and the Winner is forever enshrined on the Wall of Champions.

Scoring:

3 points: Solo Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

2 points: Shared Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

1 point: Participation 🏆

0 point: Big Dummy Award

2020 Final Standings:

1. Flugels 19

2. Zombo 17

Coyote 17

4.Dutch Oven 16

5.  SD Backers 15

D Bones 15

Tourma 15

Gumby 15

I Bleed 15

10. Nero 14

Tex A&M 14

12. Gipper 13

13 Bob 806 12

Congratulations to Flugel, and to the Terrific Top Three!

Zombo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I tied with my long lost distant cousin Nero.😁

To be honest, I was scared as shit when I saw Zombo's post. I thought I was last. 

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

You won the "color between the lines" award .... You got none right, but you got none wrong.

Zombo

I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

I got one kind of right, and I was the closest in the -10 point differential... But I don't expect justice from this Board, such is the life of a Spaniard in an American forum... sigh 

Blame the Netherlands. The Dutch makes the call, this American just tallies them up.

Zombo

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Blame the Netherlands. The Dutch makes the call, this American just tallies them up.

Zombo

Plus he has Italian heritage! He was born to become a Spaniard's nightmare. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

But they had an outstanding offensive season. 

While in the words of our fabulous host.... Tavern Dutch Oven... "This defense is Hot Garbage" 

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Is that an ongoing Columbus thing?

Any European can tell you that you must hate your neighbours, because most likely you have fought against them. Having said that, Spain has a great relationship with Portugal and we are very similar to Italy, so there are no hard feelings.

I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries... 

Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Columbus may not even have been from Italy.  A theory says he was actually Catalonian. 

That's a theory that comes from Catalonian nationalists, I believe. Columbus was genoese, but then again Italy didn't exist till XIX.

As fellow 'American Dream' lovers, though... The entire enterprise was founded by the Spanish Crown and the sailors and ships were Spanish. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I'd say we like less France but historically England and the Netherlands have given us the most reasons to hate them, such as the Black Legend, Gibraltar, corsaries...

Not to mention what they did to the Spanish Armada which I am almost certain is where my Spanish DNA came from since my lineage is almost all from England. Those Spanish devils that survived apparently were greatly rewarded by English lassies. 😜🤰

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Anyway, as a country which has a lot of tourism, we're used to be more cheerful and welcoming than those northern countries from Europe.

Agree with the exception of driving in the countryside of France where people were also most welcoming to los Americanos extranjeros. Especially true in Normandy and Bordeaux regions.