THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's 2020 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

Bob806: 384, 337

Gipper: 380, 301

SdBacker80: 374, 339

DBone: 368, 424

Nero: 350, 360

Tour2ma: 444, 416

Dutch Oven: 340, 381

gumby73: 392, 369

Flugel: 415, 385

Coyote: 352, 402

Zombo: 403, 325

TexasAg: 320, 390

Ibleedbrown: 333, 281

Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone is Ibleedbrown! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Answer: The Browns scored 408 points (25.5/game) and allowed 419 (26.2) in 2020. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard! Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone in Ibleedbrown! 

The NFL is turning into Big 12 football. No one was real close to hitting both, so I'll award co-winners... Zombo for his offensive prediction, Tour for his defensive prediction. 

I don't know....I think  Z  guessing  403 when the actual figure was 408....only 5 pts...less than a TD IS "real" close.  Same for Tour.....guessing  416 when the total was 419....a single Field goal...that is "real" close.    I myself seriously overrated their defensive prowess.  But no, not as badly as ibb.   Maybe he thought we would miss several games due to covid. 

47 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: This question, more than any other, really intrigued me. Do you know how hard it is to go 11-5 and allow more points than you score? *Well, I did some research, and the answer is very fucking hard!* 🤣.. Since the Browns came back in 1999, there has been 56 teams that have gone 11-5. Of those 56, the 2012 Indianapolis Colts and the 2020 Cleveland Browns went 11-5 while having a negative point differential. That's it. But wait, there's more! The Browns 408 points scored was the 4th highest season total in franchise history, and the 419 points allowed the 6th highest in franchise history. Here's the craziest stat of all though - while the Browns did score the 4th highest amount of points in a season in their history, they finished 14th overall in the NFL in total points scored in 2020. 

my season is now complete  🤓  ^^ that's complete cra-cra                                                                                           

GIF thank you, in my base killing my dud, charles nelson reilly, best animated GIFs match game, free download                     no matter how many times our players fell down? They found their next man up..

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Someone is on fire (That's English for "en fuego", Nero) and that someone in Ibleedbrown! 

Couple thoughts.

1. Thanks for the research, I think that is an interesting data. 

2. If you are half-awarding something... I guessed the differential -10 (350-360). I guess you have to rob me points every year. 

3. You wouldn't use "en fuego" in any context. If it was about somebody, you would use "en llamas" (in flames), if you mean to say something like "where are the papers? In the fire") you would use "en EL fuego". About the term being ON FIRE, we use "en racha" (on a streak) or other Slangs I'm lazy to explain. 

4. I know it was a joke ;) But sometimes languages are intneresting on the way they work. 

Edited by Nero
Potato brain. Potato English
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Couple thoughts.

1. Thanks for the research, I think that is an interesting data. 

2. If you are half-awarding something... I guessed the differential -10 (350-360). I guess you have to rob me points every year. 

3. You wouldn't use "en fuego" in any context. If it was about somebody, you would use "en llamas" (in flames), if you mean to say something like "where are the papers? In the fire") you would use "en EL fuego". About the term being ON FIRE, we use "en racha" (on a streak) or other Slangs I'm lazy to explain. 

4. I know it was a joke ;) But sometimes languages are intneresting on the way they work. 

I remember long ago ESPN'S Dan Patrick was corrected about the use of "en fuego" by a Spanish teacher when he was using it incorrectly in that sort of that literal "lost in translation" type of use.   Kind of the gringo visitor with a Spanish/English dictionary method of conversation.

I also remember in 1981 on our honeymoon in Mexico City and Acapulco when we were in a Mexico City bookstore and I would show off my command of the Spanish language and got some strange looks by the book store people there.......or it was just a game 🎯 they enjoyed playing with the gringos there.  Is gringos correct there?

Oh well....fun with words on a BROWNS off-season game of skill and prognostication....or is it just dumb luck? :lol:

Hmmmm I could really go for a good hot juicy racna about now.   :P

And it lives on.....

Dan Patrick, en fuego, hits NY

NBC sportscaster Dan Patrick is enjoying covering his first Olympics. Credit: Getty Images

By Neil BestJanuary 14, 2011 10:39 AM

It has been 3½ years (2007 !) since Dan Patrick left ESPN, a career move many thought he would come to regret. Nope. Not yet, anyway.

Since 2007 he happily has gone about his post-Bristol business, developing a syndicated radio show that evolved into a TV simulcast, writing for Sports Illustrated and hosting NBC’s NFL studio show.“I refuse to go away,’’ he joked Thursday.One glaringly large piece has been missing from his media portfolio, though: New York.

The radio show is on satellite radio, and the TV version has been on DirecTV since 2009. But Monday the majority of area residents will have access to him for the first time when MSG Plus begins to carry the simulcast from 9 a.m. to noon.

(He still won't be on terrestrial radio here. WFAN is all local, and 1050 ESPN is owned by, um, ESPN.)

“MSG was something I thought was important,’’ Patrick said............and on en fuego goes........

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I remember long ago ESPN'S Dan Patrick was corrected about the use of "en fuego" by a Spanish teacher when he was using it incorrectly in that sort of that literal "lost in translation" type of use.   Kind of the gringo visitor with a Spanish/English dictionary method of conversation.

I also remember in 1981 on our honeymoon in Mexico City and Acapulco when we were in a Mexico City bookstore and I would show off my command of the Spanish language and got some strange looks by the book store people there.......or it was just a game 🎯 they enjoyed playing with the gringos there.  Is gringos correct there?

Oh well....fun with words on a BROWNS off-season game of skill and prognostication....or is it just dumb luck? :lol:

Hmmmm I could really go for a good hot juicy racna about now.   :P

LoL. For us here you are "guiris". It is used for all foreigners. Gringos is a Mexican word. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Nero said:

LoL. For us here you are "guiris". It is used for all foreigners. Gringos is a Mexican word. 

I got that feeling being in Mexico.

I did like Mexico City especially the food and sites, wish I had more time to see the museums and other places......in 1981.

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield throw for?

Bob806: 3300, 25, 11

Gipper: 4100, 32, 16

SdBacker80: 4012, 25, 16

DBone: 3968, 24, 26

Nero: 3500, 20, 15

Tour2ma: 4224, 18, 12

Dutch Oven: 3815, 24, 17

gumby73: 3877, 22, 14

Flugel: 4155, 28, 15

Coyote: 3720, 23, 10 

Zombo: 4501, 30, 12

TexasAg: 3500, 22, 17

Ibleedbrown: 3150, 21, 12

Answer: Everyone's favorite fun-sized QB threw for 3563 yards, with 26 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Baker rebounded nicely from a poor 2019 season, looking more like his rookie self. He started off slowly, but picked up around the mid-season mark, and finished the season with a 95.9 QB rating. I'm going to throw Nero a bone and tell him good job by getting close to the yardage total, but I'm going to give Coyote the overall win on this one. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The only prediction I saw that tickled my funny bone was DBone's 26 interception prediction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield throw for?

Bob806: 3300, 25, 11

Gipper: 4100, 32, 16

SdBacker80: 4012, 25, 16

DBone: 3968, 24, 26

Nero: 3500, 20, 15

Tour2ma: 4224, 18, 12

Dutch Oven: 3815, 24, 17

gumby73: 3877, 22, 14

Flugel: 4155, 28, 15

Coyote: 3720, 23, 10 

Zombo: 4501, 30, 12

TexasAg: 3500, 22, 17

Ibleedbrown: 3150, 21, 12

Answer: Everyone's favorite fun-sized QB threw for 3563 yards, with 26 touchdowns and 8 interceptions.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Baker rebounded nicely from a poor 2019 season, looking more like his rookie self. He started off slowly, but picked up around the mid-season mark, and finished the season with a 95.9 QB rating. I'm going to throw Nero a bone and tell him good job by getting close to the yardage total, but I'm going to give Coyote the overall win on this one. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The only prediction I saw that tickled my funny bone was DBone's 26 interception prediction. 

I'll take that, but no need to throw me a bone. The racism is escalating by each post... 

And Ag might have been a Manziel fan but he also said 3,500 yards. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Bob was also close in the chicken 🍗 bone department.  Maybe a wing ?

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield throw for?

Bob806: 3300, 25, 11

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Bob was also close in the chicken 🍗 bone department.  Maybe a wing ?

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield throw for?

Bob806: 3300, 25, 11

The only thing we agree on is not agreeing with Dutch, lol. 

• Haha 2

7. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?

Bob806: Landry, 76

Gipper: Landry, 88

SdBacker80: Landry, 82

DBone: Landry, 91

Nero: Landry, 80

Tour2ma: Hooper, 88

Dutch Oven: Landry, 82

gumby73: Landry, 84

Flugel: Landry, 72

Coyote: Landry, 84

Zombo: Landry, 101

TexasAg: Landry, 88

Ibleedbrown: Landry, 88

Answer: For the third year in a row, Jarvis Landry lead the Browns in receptions, with 72. Other notable receivers: Hooper 46, Hunt 38, Higgins 37, Bryant 24, Beckham Jr. 23. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: All but one predictor went with Landry, and while he had his lowest reception total of his three seasons in Cleveland, he still easily lead the team, despite battling injuries for a good portion of the season. Flugel was dead on with his prediction.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... It was a bold choice by Tour to go with newly acquired Austin Hooper, but I kind of get it, tight ends do well in a Stefanski offense. Hooper had a ok season, Harrison Bryant started fast but hit the freshman wall halfway through the season, while David Njoku went from in the doghouse to possibly the best all-around tight end by the end of the season. (Who saw that?) Many of us are still wondering why a team that features tight ends and who runs the ball so well and has a QB who performs well in play-action didn't feature throwing downfield down the seams to the tight ends. 

8. Who leads the Browns in reception yards? How many?

Bob806: Beckham Jr., 1200

Gipper: Beckham Jr., 1300

SdBacker: Beckham Jr., 1179

DBone: Landry, 1001

Nero: Beckham Jr., 1000

Tour2ma: Landry, 1408

Dutch Oven: Beckham Jr., 997

gumby: Landry, 1280

Flugel: Landry, 1085

Coyote: Beckham Jr., 1202

Zombo: Beckham Jr., 1244

TexasAg: Landry, 1050

Ibleedbrown: Landry, 1088

Answer: For the third year in a row, Jarvis Landry lead the Browns in reception yards, with 840. Other notable reception yardage leaders: Higgins 599, Hooper 435, Beckham Jr. 319, Hunt and Peoples-Jones 304. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: When Beckham Jr. blew out his knee at the beginning of the Browns seventh game of the season in Cincinnati, this ceased to be a race, even with Landry nursing injuries of his own. DBone with the win.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Not sure it's fair to give this dubious award to someone whose prediction gets blown up by an injury, but at the pace he was going at, Beckham Jr. wasn't going to be anywhere close to Gipper's prediction. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I always forget about the question when the season ends, so this always comes as a daily surprise to me. 

OBJ getting injured and we losing in the Divisional Round in a close game. Who would have guessed. 

• Upvote 1

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... Not sure it's fair to give this dubious award to someone whose prediction gets blown up by an injury, but at the pace he was going at, Beckham Jr. wasn't going to be anywhere close to Gipper's prediction. 

The injury was obviously unforeseen.  I was going on the basis that OBJ had at least 3  1300 yard seasons...before his first injury, and the belief that he was going to round back in shape, and that we were to have a new competent coach that knew what to do with him.  But, the injury took care of all that.

On the other hand, your comment that prior to the injury that OBJ was nowhere close to the 1300 yard pace apparently runs counter to the contention that  Baker was singularly focused on getting OBJ the ball.   If he was so  focused on OBJ, wouldn't you think OBJ would have had more catches and more yards in the games he was able to play?  Instead, apparently he was spreading the ball around even with OBJ in there. 

9. Who leads the Browns in reception touchdowns? How many?

Bob806: Bryant, 7

Gipper: Hooper, 12

SdBacker: Hooper, 7

DBone: Hooper, 11

Nero: Landry, 8

Tour2ma: Hooper, 8

Dutch Oven: Hooper, 8

gumby73: Beckham Jr., 7

Flugel: Bryant, 8

Coyote: Hooper, 10

Zombo: Beckham Jr., 9

TexasAg: Hooper. 10

Ibleedbrown: Hooper, 11

Answer: RB Kareem Hunt lead the Browns with 5 receiving touchdowns. Other notables: Hooper and Higgins 4, Landry, Beckham Jr. and Bryant 3. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Baker Mayfield spread the touchdown love around like he was parked in a Cheesecake Factory parking lot, and no one predicted Hunt leading the team. No tasty treat for any of us!

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... All of us were pretty to fairly off on our predicitons, but none more than Gipper again. 

16 hours ago, Nero said:

I always forget about the question when the season ends, so this always comes as a daily surprise to me. 

OBJ getting injured and we losing in the Divisional Round in a close game. Who would have guessed. 

It's funny that the season the Browns actually put up a good season, PoG doesn't participate in these questions... his typical 13-3 prediction would have been close to winning!

On 1/30/2021 at 12:30 PM, Nero said:

And Ag might have been a Manziel fan but he also said 3,500 yards. 

True and since he was closer than you with his TD prediction, I think Dutch needs to retrieve your bone... :ph34r:

On 1/31/2021 at 10:03 AM, Dutch Oven said:
  1. It was a bold choice by Tour to go with newly acquired Austin Hooper
  2. David Njoku went from in the doghouse to possibly the best all-around tight end by the end of the season. (Who saw that?)
  1. I always say... if you are going to be dumb, be bold in doing so...
  2. Sashi?
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... All of us were pretty to fairly off on our predicitons, but none more than Gipper again.

If he hits the trifecta we should rename the award in His Honour...

Did you see what I did there?

• Haha 1

All of us were pretty to fairly off on our predicitons, but none more than Gipper again. 

I, and nearly well over half of the people that chose him,  expected him to be much more of a factor in and around the goal line. 

The Browns actually were scoring a lot of points.....and our top TD receiver only scored 5 TDs?  That seems off, but no.   Browns scored  21 rushing TDs and 27 passing TDs....  Chubb had 12 rushing TDs,  Hunt had  6 rushing and 5 passing, so those two did the bulk of the TD work for this team.   But, overall, I guess I expected more out of some of these players. 

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If he hits the trifecta we should rename the award in His Honour...

Did you see what I did there?

From the big dummy to the big Gipper ? Hmmmmm..

.......and we kid because we care Gip, but you already know that.  ;)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

From the big dummy to the big Gipper ? Hmmmmm..

.......and we kid because we care Gip, but you already know that.  ;)

No risk it, no buiscuit.    No guts, no glory.   I may have been off on a few....but I was also right on on a few.    On the receiving TD thing, I didn't expect those to be so spread out.  But they were.   I expected Hooper to dominate the red zone.  He contributed, but did not dominate.