DutchOven: 6-10

gumby73: 7-8-1

Flugel: 9-7

Coyote: 8-8

Zombo: 11-5

TexasAg: 6-10

Ibleedbrown: 10-6

Answer: The Browns went 11-5 in 2020. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: The Browns, coming off a remarkably disappointing 2019 season, ended up having their best season in a generation, matching their 11-5 record from 1994. The season started off with a dud, as they had their doors blown off in Baltimore, but they steadily improved under the capable leadership of Kevin Stefanski. Being eternally optimistic worked out for Zombo, who nailed this question.

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I'll be honest, I didn't expect much going into this season. A rookie coach with no offseason camps because of Covid trying to turn around a franchise stuck in reverse for a generation didn't elicit much optimism from me. Kevin Stefanski made a complete believer in me, as the Browns were an organized, disciplined team almost overnight. It also helped that the schedule - that looked pretty tough when it was announced - became fairly favorable. Dbone, DutchOven, and TexasAg gladly share this award of shame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I'll be honest, I didn't expect much going into this season. A rookie coach with no offseason camps because of Covid trying to turn around a franchise stuck in reverse for a generation didn't elicit much optimism from me. Kevin Stefanski made a complete believer in me, as the Browns were an organized, disciplined team almost overnight. It also helped that the schedule - that looked pretty tough when it was announced - became fairly favorable. Dbone🏆, DutchOven🏆and TexasAg🏆 gladly share this award of shame. 

I feel so honored that I decided that the three of us deserved our own trophies.😁

Zombo just gets first place among the blind squirrels who find acorns once or twice every 20 years😁.🏅🐿️     

• Haha 4

2. Bengals record?

Bob806: 6-10

Gipper: 4-12

SdBacker80: 6-10

DBone: 5-11

Nero: 4-12

Tour2ma: 5-11

DutchOven: 5-11

gumby73: 5-10-1

Flugel: 7-9

Coyote: 5-11

Zombo: 2-14

TexasAg: 3-13

Ibleedbrown: 4-11-1

Answer: The Cincinnati Bengals brought up the rear in the AFC North in Joe Burrow's rookie season, going 4-11-1. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Deep in their own personal The Process, the Bengals more than doubled their win total from 2019, but got their franchise QB nearly killed in the process. Joe Burrow tore his ACL and MCL in his left knee, an injury so severe that he could miss regular season games in 2021. Burrow's season ended during their late November game in Washington, but the Bengals rallied and won two more games after, upsets vs Pittsburgh and Houston. There were a lot of close misses, with six predictions a half game off the mark, but Ibleedbrown did the almost impossible and nailed a record with a tie involved. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... In reality, no one really bombed this question, since everyone predicted a losing season for the Queen City Kitties, but someone has to win this, so congrats Flugel!  

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

but Ibleedbrown did the almost impossible and nailed a record with a tie involved. 

Hard to even believe that...especially for a couple of us that said  4-12!!    Nice job by ibb. 

A-ha! I’m in tune with the local suckitude in Cincy.

And the chili. Love that chili.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... that explains A LOT...

Yes stick with the regular All American 🏈 chili.......(what ever that is).  

On 1/25/2021 at 8:25 PM, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... I'll be honest, I didn't expect much going into this season. A rookie coach with no offseason camps because of Covid trying to turn around a franchise stuck in reverse for a generation didn't elicit much optimism from me. Kevin Stefanski made a complete believer in me, as the Browns were an organized, disciplined team almost overnight. It also helped that the schedule - that looked pretty tough when it was announced - became fairly favorable. Dbone, DutchOven, and TexasAg gladly share this award of shame. 

It's funny, basically everything was against Stefanski, and he had every excuse pre-programmed to have a bad season. I think the most remarkable achievement is not losing two games in a row. Think about that for a minute. After every loss, we came back FIGHTING. Not just fighting, but winning. 

I don't have words to say how I feel about Stefanski. The job he did, the offense he runs, the calmness he provided...it was almost perfect. Not only that, but he helped give us the QB we've wanted for years. Just wait until Baker has another year with this system...he's gonna get even better. 

Damn this was fun. And damn I'm sad it's over. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

It's funny, basically everything was against Stefanski,......... and zoom

.....Damn this was fun. And damn I'm sad it's over. 

Me too.  ;)

Jigs at least it was ahhhhhh entertaining ?  Yes it was and now we look forward to the 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland Ohio !  Yoo-hoo bring it on !

Now where are my 2021 BROWNS prediction papers ?  Oh yeah here they are right with my 2020 ones.  :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Me too.  ;)

Jigs at least it was ahhhhhh entertaining ?  Yes it was and now we look forward to the 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland Ohio !  Yoohoo bring it on !

Now where are my 2021 BROWNS prediction papers ?  Oh yeah here they are right with my 2020 ones.  :lol:

Well hopefully.    I am going to check on any contingency plans for the draft:  The latest I could find is this article from  January 14:

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/01/14/nfl-draft-still-coming-cleveland/

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Well hopefully.    I am going to check on any contingency plans for the draft:  The latest I could find is this article from  January 14:

https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/01/14/nfl-draft-still-coming-cleveland/

Yes remember when Cleveland and Ohio and BROWNS fans everywhere (including ME) were pissed off about missing the NFL 100 celebration 🎉?

Well maybe we actually caught a break in getting the 2021 draft especially if the covid-19 vaccines and other protocols can move along without any more setbacks.

STILL NO guarantees but it should be better than 2020.......and they don't want to be bumped to 20??.

GO CLEVELAND !

5 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Me too.  ;)

Jigs at least it was ahhhhhh entertaining ?  Yes it was and now we look forward to the 2021 NFL Draft from Cleveland Ohio !  Yoo-hoo bring it on !

So entertaining! How about that Bengals game? Titans? Steelers playoffs win?! So fun. 

• Haha 1

3. Ravens record?

Bob806: 10-6

Gipper: 11-5

SdBacker80: 11-5

DBone: 12-4

Nero: 9-7

Tour2ma: 13-3

DutchOven: 11-5

gumby73: 13-3

Flugel: 12-4

Coyote: 12-4

Zombo: 10-6

TexasAg: 11-5

Ibleedbrown: 8-8

Answer: The Baltimore Ravens went 11-5 in 2020, finishing in second place in the AFC North. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: We all expected the Ravens to fall off their 14-2 pace of 2019, but they were seriously in danger on not even making the playoffs after falling to 6-5 in November. They overcame a mediocre start and widespread Covid cases to win their last five games, and got revenge against Tennessee in beating the Titans in their Wild Card match up, before falling to Buffalo. Gipper, SdBacker80, Dutch Oven and TexasAg all share this tasty victory. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... There was one person who really, really thought the Ravens were going to crash back to Earth, and that was Mr. Nasty Ass Cincinnati Chili Lovin' Ibleedbrown. I appreciate his optimism, though. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

So entertaining! How about that Bengals game? Titans? Steelers playoffs win?! So fun. 

Oh yes and of course the NFL game of the year Baltimore at Cleveland....... the oh what if game to have the inside track for the AFCN division championship.

2020 one hell of a year !

GO BROWNS 2021.......baby !     :D

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... There was one person who really, really thought the Ravens were going to crash back to Earth, and that was Mr. Nasty Ass Cincinnati Chili Lovin' Ibleedbrown. I appreciate his optimism, though. 

I did try to project the Cincy suckitude towards Baltimore. Ah well, maybe l’ll try voodoo next season

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I did try to project the Cincy suckitude towards Baltimore. Ah well, maybe l’ll try voodoo next season

As long as Mr QB Joe Burrow comes back strong in the Queen City.  That's the voodoo that the Bengals need ( plus a good draft).

4. Steelers record?

Bob806: 10-5-1

Gipper: 8-8

SdBacker80: 7-9

DBone: 10-6

Nero: 9-7

Tour2ma: 10-6

DutchOven: 11-5

gumby: 7-8-1

Flugel: 11-5

Coyote: 9-7

Zombo: 9-7

TexasAg: 8-8

Ibleedbrown: 6-10

Answer: The Pittsburgh Steelers went 12-4 in 2020, winning the AFC North. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I'll admit, I seriously thought these sons of bitches were going to go undefeated before they finally crashed down to earth by losing four of their last five games. Before they knew it, they were down 28-0 to the Browns in their Wild Card game,  eventually losing 48-35. It is apparent that Ben Roethlisberger's best days are behind him, and while he might be the starter in 2021, the end is probably near. DutchOven and Flugel for the win. 

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to... The Steelers went 8-8 in 2019 with Roethlisberger out for a huge chunk of the season, behind a very good defense and QBs named "Duck" and "Myles Garrett's Pinata", so I'm not sure why so many people thought they'd do the same WITH Big Ben back at the helm, unless they thought he was done physically. Ibleedbrown lead the charge for a crappy Steelers season. 

On 1/27/2021 at 8:50 PM, The Gipper said:

I am pretty sure I will bomb on the next one...which I will assume will be what will the Steelers record be.  I think I suggested they would be mediocre. 

I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

I was calling for a Steelers/Bengals tie... Ibleedbrown had close company in both teams picks... whew! 

I did not believe Ben's elbow/ or several fake body parts would last... His OL protection almost made that happen.. never thought of a dinking fest offense that got the ball out so quickly..

Always enjoy these Dutch ! Keep them coming... How bout a post draft Questionaire this season?  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I think a lot of people thought that....... maybe Roethlisberger with an off season ?

I think that their season opening was a mirage.  My 8-8 prediction was fair....they just overachieved...for a while.

###  I had a whole discussion here on the Steelers, but I am deleting it and starting another thread so as not to  muddle up this thread with what could be  lengthy discussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the 'Big Dummy Award' goes to...  Ibleedbrown lead the charge for a crappy Steelers season.  

Two in a row... The kid is HOT...

Like real  chili... Texas Chili... no beans allowed...

... and definitely no spaghetti...

• Haha 1