THE BROWNS BOARD

Quarterback Merry Go Round

The Gipper

In regard to Dak, Jerry screwed it up...but what is the alternative?  Your suggestions while an option don’t provide the right answer to the question What Would Jerry Do?

I would never propose to figure what Jerry Jones will do...

I will only say: "  I think it can reliably be said that  Jerry will fuck things up.   And I am good with that." 

Could there be a possible switch of QBs between Dallas and  Seattle?   Rumblings are that Wilson may want out of Seattle, and would accept a trade to Dallas.   Would Jerry Jones drop his interest in  Dak like a rock if he thinks he could get Wilson?

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/florio-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-has-eye-on-dallas-cowboys

1. Colts.....Carson Wentz  to Colts in trade  with Eagles.

2. Saints

3. Texans

4. Lions.....Jared Goff....to Lions in trade with Rams

5. Cowboys

6. Bears

7. Jaguars.....belief is that  Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft. 

8. Patriots

9. Broncos

10.  Washington

11. Eagles.....Jalen Hurts???

12. Panthers

13. Dolphins

14. Falcons

15. 49ers

16. Steelers.....Ben Roethlisberger

17.  Packers

18. Rams?  Matt Stafford to Rams in trade for Goff.

Over half the teams in the league. 

BR signing a reduced deal  ensures that he will at least start the season as the Starting QB for the Squeelers. 

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Dak gets paid because Jerry realizes he has no choice.

4yr. 160M. 126M guaranteed

Hallelujah !  For 2 years now, I've been turning the station on Dak's 'old & stale' new contract news..I never thought this would happen in Big D.. Good for Dak..Out played his draft slot to some serious bucks 💲

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Hallelujah !  For 2 years now, I've been turning the station on Dak's 'old & stale' new contract news..I never thought this would happen in Big D.. Good for Dak..Out played his draft slot to some serious bucks 💲

forgot that point...yes it is nice to not hear it...but it will be replaced by what will the Cowboys do with Zeke?  He’s a goner next offseason I believe. 

The Dak dilemma you had to answer two questions

Is he as average as fans make him out to be?

When you dig into things and see everything out there Did Jerry really have a choice? 

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Tour and I will take a bow for his "discovery" way back in Miss. St. days. 😁

With Jerrah front loading Dak's contract to the point of being ridiculous...

... including, but not limited to, a $66mm signing bonus...

... yet it somehow results in a 2021 cap figure of only $22mm...

... I have officially given up trying to understand "the cap."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

With Jerrah front loading Dak's contract to the point of being ridiculous...

... including, but not limited to, a $66mm signing bonus...

... yet it somehow results in a 2021 cap figure of only $22mm...

... I have officially given up trying to understand "the cap."

Ah, now I am in good company. I ignore it all and just look for who we actually sign in the off season and who we draft. This year I think we have a real chance to do this up right and get beyond a 1st round win.

2. Saints

3. Texans

5. Cowboys.....Dak Prescott signs  4 year extension

6. Bears

7. Jaguars.....belief is that  Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft

8. Patriots.....Cam Newton signs new deal  see the post below.  (expect Pats to draft a QB?)

9. Broncos

10.  Washington

12. Panthers

13. Dolphins

14. Falcons

15. 49ers

17.  Packers

19.  Seahawks?

Still a dozen teams with  issues...though 2-3 seem settle.  (Packers/Falcons

On 3/12/2021 at 7:54 AM, gumby73 said:

Cam Newton signs a one year deal to stay in New England  https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-cam-newton-re-signing-qb-to-one-year-deal  Good luck with that Josh McDaniel's :ph34r: 

Guaranteed base is low. Word is the Pats are still shopping.

I have to think they are drafting one on Day One... and possibly moving up to do so.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:47 AM, The Gipper said:

2. Saints.....Jameis Winston??

3. Texans

5. Cowboys.....Dak Prescott signs  4 year extension

6. Bears.....Andy Dalton? 

7. Jaguars.....belief is that  Trevor Lawrence will be the guy...noting official until the draft

8. Patriots.....Cam Newton signs new deal  see the post below.  (expect Pats to draft a QB?)

9. Broncos

10.  Washington.....Ryan Fitzpatrick?

12. Panthers

13. Dolphins

14. Falcons

15. 49ers

17.  Packers....Aaron Rodgers ....going nowhere, but that does not mean he is happy

19.  Seahawks?

Still a dozen teams with  issues...though 2-3 seem settle.  (Packers/Falcons

Fitzpatrick signs with Washington....to presumably be some kind of bridge QB for now.

Winston signs  a 1 year prove it deal with Saints. 

Rodgers losing like the best OC in football won't make him happy. 

Dalton signs with Bears.  He may be their starter.  Pencil him in for now. 

Total of 7 lawsuits as of today against Watson.. I really have no prediction on this, but it can't be good for his FA future.

Maybe I’m being silly but it’s a hell of a coincidence all this is coming out as soon as he requests a trade 

29 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Total of 7 lawsuits as of today against Watson.. I really have no prediction on this, but it can't be good for his FA future.

While not wanting to dismiss the legitimate concerns of women who have been put in these situations this spate of lawsuits stretch credulity 

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

it’s a hell of a coincidence all this is coming out as soon as

No, it's not. That's how people react.

Sure, some may report immediately - but some may not.

Link goes to the harvard kennedy school, which is a part of the second-best school on the north half of the red line [subway] in Boston. [the best, of course, is MIT]..

"There are a wide range of reasons people don’t report their experiences with sexual harassment and assault to authorities and, oftentimes, even hide them from friends and family members."

But the one thing that is true.. once one comes forward, the stigma and negativity from them being the first/only is gone and therefore the dam bursting phenomena would be what you'd see.

It seems interesting to note that the cases are for the minimum to invoke jurisdiction - $500 - so plaintiffs aren't in these cases for "the money".

It seems interesting to note that the cases are for the minimum to invoke jurisdiction - $500 - so plaintiffs aren't in these cases for "the money".

That is not how it works.  As you noted, you only need to claim  the minimum amount to invoke jurisdiction.  That just gets your foot in the door.  Settlements...and judgments have been obtained in the millions of dollars where the bare minimum has been prayed for in the pleadings.