THE BROWNS BOARD

Kevin Stefanski- "Coach of the Year"

nickers

Very well deserved. 

I hope we can have some stability for once at the head coach position and he leads the team to higher goals. 

Go Browns! 

I felt like he deserved to be coach of the year.....but I expected it to go to the Buffalo guy...or the Washington guy...and they both did a great job...but Kevin Stefanski turned the toxic Cleveland Browns around!   Ain't nobody can match that!!

That guy took his coaching life in his hands by accepting the position of Jimmy Haslem's head coach!  I'm so happy for him.....and for us!

3 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Stefanski and Berry should never have to buy a drink in Cleveland again 

Not until they get the team to the Bowl

Just "get to"? ;)

"Well deserved" doesn't begin to express what I am feeling.

Way to go, Stef... may it be your first of many.

GO BROWNS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Silver slayer said:

While I was driving home my hometown radio 

950kjr Seattle had Mike holmgram do his weekly call for the station,  guest caller was none other than Kevin stefanski. 

Holmgram did 90% of the interview. 

An absolute excellent experience driving home. 

I never thought Holmgren was a bad guy... Maybe just in over his head... He meant well here...

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

I never thought Holmgren was a bad guy.

Good Coach... bad Team President.... really bad.

He panicked, tried to save his job, set us back a couple years easy... there's simply no other way to explain Wheezy.

I've been letting this sink in some more.   I mean, really........think about it:

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS HAVE THE COACH OF THE YEAR

How many coaches have we had this century?  A shit ton!   And they've all pretty much been a part of the ton of shit!    Pettine calling for a 60+ yard FG with Devon Hester standing in the end zone waiting for it.  AND HE DID IT TWICE!  Players called Pettine the Ghost....because he walked around the practice field seemingly aimlessly, never saying a word to anyone.

Hue 1-31 Jackson...the QB whisperer.  I don't think he did a single thing RIGHT with our QB position.  1st and goal from the Steeler 1 yard line, in OT.  He calls a WR screen pass that loses 6 yards and we lose the game.

Country Bumpkin Kitchens, he scripts plays, then goes totally off the rails, calling plays that they hadn't practiced in a month.  Calls a draw play on 4th & 9.  Is photographed in public wearing a t-shirt saying The Steelers Started It after the game that Myles tried to put Rudolph's helmet back on him.

Pat Shurmur, he called a running play down inside the opponent's 10 yard line when he had no running backs on the field.  The TE set up in the RB spot and promptly fumbled the ball because he never took a handoff in his life (that's what the TE Alex Smith said).

We've had some of the dumbest fucks possible as our HC.   I can clearly remember the hopelessness I felt for the team while The QB Fucker-Upper was our coach.

AND NOW WE HAVE THE COACH OF THE YEAR!    Fuck me but that feels good!  We have the coach of the year.  And we have a GM that thinks like our coach of the year.

There really is reason for hope now.  Not that I needed Stefanski to be named coach of the year to feel hope...because as I watched him this season I knew (or at least thought I knew) that we finally had the right coach...but it just feels so good for it to be validated by him winning coach of the year.

Thank You for accepting the toxic head coaching job of the Cleveland Browns Mr. Stefanski!  

umm...I have one piece of advice for coach Stef though, Don't run sweeps with Mayfield as the ball carrier.  He fumbles the ball when he gets hit. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Good Coach... bad Team President.... really bad.

He panicked, tried to save his job, set us back a couple years easy... there's simply no other way to explain Wheezy.

Panic?  Really?  Driving around smoking cigars, coming in at noon (or so the rumor had it).   Doesn't sound like panic to me.  

Or are you talking about his choice of Weeden?  I guess bad work habits lead to bad choices. 

• Upvote 1

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS HAVE THE COACH OF THE YEAR

The last Browns NFL Sporting News Coach of the Year was:      Paul Brown    1953.    Also:  Brown in 1951 and 1949 (AAFC)

Last Browns AP Coach of the Year:    Forrest Gregg,   1976

Pro Football Weekly Coach of the Year:   Never, since Award began in 1968

Maxwell Football Club:    Never.    (award began in 1989.....and may have ended in 2018...I see no award for 2019

UPI Award between 1958 and 1996 then discontinued. , awarded one for each conference:    Sam Rutigliano won AFC  in  1979 and 1980 and Marty Schottenheimer in 1986

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I never thought Holmgren was a bad guy... Maybe just in over his head... He meant well here...

He was here to steal money. If he wanted to work here, he would have been the coach 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

..I have one piece of advice for coach Stef though, Don't run sweeps with Mayfield as the ball carrier.  He fumbles the ball when he gets hit. 

And no more damn sneaks until he learns what both hands are for.🏈🤲 Otherwise every time he sneaks we have to use both hands.🙏😱

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So did anyone here predict 11-5 and then winning the first playoff game?

I was only hoping he could beat my 6-10 prediction. Thank you Tinkerbell. Don't wake me up.🧚‍♀️

When I counted up wins and losses preseason on the schedule I came to 11-5 but since I am a Browns fan I tempered my expectations to 8-8. I'm glad stef is here to make it so I don't feel like I have to add at least 3 losses just because my team is the Browns.

On 1/21/2021 at 9:17 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

So did anyone here predict 11-5 and then winning the first playoff game?

I was only hoping he could beat my 6-10 prediction. Thank you Tinkerbell. Don't wake me up.🧚‍♀️

I'll start posting the results of Dutch's Browns Questions starting Monday....

For once my Browns record prediction will be low!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 6:43 AM, bjh2130 said:

When I counted up wins and losses preseason on the schedule I came to 11-5 but since I am a Browns fan I tempered my expectations to 8-8. I'm glad stef is here to make it so I don't feel like I have to add at least 3 losses just because my team is the Browns.

10-6 was my prediction (search on this forum, thread was closed by Zombo), I just had a good feeling about this season but didn't really care if we made the playoffs.

While I was driving home my hometown radio 

950kjr Seattle had Mike holmgram do his weekly call for the station,  guest caller was none other than Kevin stefanski. 

Holmgram did 90% of the interview. 

An absolute excellent experience driving home. 

I hope Holmgren didn’t ask Stefanski for playoff tickets.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...