THE BROWNS BOARD

***DIVISIONAL ROUND: Browns AT Chiefs Gameday Thread***

Nero

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

(That'll be $100 for the coaching lesson) 

Good luck getting that from Gipper...

.And it was DR. EMMETT BROWN'S time machine in Back to the Future... Judge Smails .

45 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Those that were in the Tavern with me know that I really thought the Browns were going to go on a 5+ minute game winning drive that was going to be what legends are made of. I'm sure Baker and everyone else thought the same thing too. 

Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @Tour2ma, @hoorta, @Dutch Oven, @Nero, @tiamat63???

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Stopped paying attention when you failed to turn Dutch vegan...

LOL!! Lord knows I tried with every bit of JuJu that I possessed.  

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not just Wills, but Lamm (who was playing well) as well...

So once again "Hello-my-name-is: Blake Hance" stepped in a did a decent job just as he did last week... and on the opposite side at a different position to boot.

Blake Hance deserves a full-time roster spot after what he did these last two games. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, D Bone said:

LOL!! Lord knows I tried with every bit of JuJu that I possessed.  

Based on his description of his bowel movement (and thanks a whole bunch for that, Dutch) you might have saved his life...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Yeah, I think I (and everyone else here) will take my years and years of experience and knowledge in the game as opposed to a judge who has admitted on this site never played a down???

Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @Tour2ma, @hoorta, @Dutch Oven, @Nero, @tiamat63???

Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says. 

Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever. 

3 hours ago, nickers said:

He plays too much Tampa 2... I HATE the Tampa 2 defense..... You have to have an extraordinary secondary to even run it half assed...

watched that henne scramble play again and it appears what really made that play sucessful was that our de filling in for vernon went for the sack and got blown out by the chefs lt...it wasn't even close....he should have played containment....counting on someone to come up and stop henne way shorter of the 1st down....instead he got creamed by the lt opening up the whole left side for the scramble.....ugly....simply ugly d....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I just want to put things into perspective, with the game close they lost probably the best player in all of football and left the door wide open for the Browns. They didn't get it done. 

This is just the start of things to come. I think it is abundantly clear the impact of not having a weapon like Beckham had the bad luck of losing Wills, but I think if we had another threat on offense it would have been easier to run the ball. 

i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...

Just now, browns52 said:

i give alot of credit to the chefs d.....honey badger was hugh....he was mostly responsible for stuffing the run.....defense wins games, not offense....they made the plays on d and we did not...

just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....

15 minutes ago, D Bone said:

.... and can we talk about Hooper's catch? Man, I've been hard on granite hands lately but damn, what a huge catch that was. 

The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 

Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The throw too. Talk about game of inches. He had to fully extend  to have a chance with his DB jacket on. I think the ball grazed the defender’s hand or came really really close. 

Some props to Njoku too who seemed to play the part of TE 1 today.

For sure! I have never been so happy to be so wrong regarding Baker. He's our dude for the next 7-10 years and he is good enough to win a Super Bowl if we can put a defense around him. 

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

just saying, beckham was a weapon when he was with the giants......overall, he has not done much with the browns.....

I have a strong feeling OBJ won't be here next season..... He's a non factor on this team... And.. Never will be...

So I'm still awake while you east coasters are sleeping, and I am sitting here feeling weirdly and comfortably satisfied after the Browns season is officially over.

It's been damn near half of my 53 years of life since I have felt this way after the Browns final game of the season..... Usually it's just relief that it's finally over and uncontrolled hope that it will someday mercifully get better "if they can just get the right people in place."

Tonight, it's a peaceful, easy feeling (name that artist) and one that will allow me to go to bed in a few minutes and fall asleep with a little smile on my face, as I know I have a real chance to see my Browns in the Super Bowl coming up for the next few years.... and that is exciting as hell.

Thank you Browns for a great season, and thank you for restoring more than just hope - thank you for restoring my expectations. 

Good night, and good luck. 

• Like 1

@SdBacker80

I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse.  Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened.  Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.

Long off-season.  So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film.  That work begins Monday morning.

Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money. 

If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground... 

47 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Heartbreaking loss, not because we lost but because we could have easily won... it feels like this team still has a lot in the tank yet and would give Buffalo a run for it's money. 

If I remember it right, I think saw... on the play Mahommes was hit and got knocked out the game, that the ball came loose as he was going to the ground... 

It's not a fumble by any means. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

It's not a fumble by any means. 

You're right, he was down. Went and watched it again... Mack knocked the ball out just after he hit the ground, that's what I saw.

@SdBacker80

I mentioned Stef calling the game in reverse.  Looking at ESPN's play call chart and that appears to be just what happened.  Only issue is the offense left a reasonable deal of points on the field today.

Long off-season.  So plenty of time to go over draft prospects and Browns film.  That work begins Monday morning.

Yep - we had a 2 to 1 (8/4) pass/run ratio on the first drive.  Runs were fairly successful 5/6/5 yards one went for 0.

Last drive of the half three minutes left.  6 plays no runs.  2 other plays were passes as well that were negated by penalties.

To Stef’s credit we had a few screens (essentially run plays) dropped by Chubb.

0 runs from Hunt this half. 

^^^^This sequence left a lot to be desired.  

The good...I love our line heck Hance is GREAT depth.  We’ve completely overhauled and fixed it all.

A lot to be desired from our defense so major work there especially up the middle. They actually played a decent game fortunate Mahomes went out- which presented a golden opportunity for us that we couldn’t cash in on.  Chad Henne!!!  I didn’t even know he was still on a roster.

Tough one to swallow. Great season but that was an opportunity we didn’t take advantage of...gonna be hard to watch next week 

12 hours ago, Nero said:

Whatever the guy confronting Gipper says. 

Gipper you should learn to shut up sometimes. You get to be obnoxious at times and it is only because you'll go through the longest rabbit holes ever. 

Sorry if you can't keep up.  

Prove it.   Provide your resume.  (and why with all your experience do you not know how to copy and paste?)

Don't want to take my opinion, lets ask... @Tour2ma, @hoorta, @Dutch Oven, @Nero, @tiamat63???

But...you see, those are just guys on a chat board.  Who sometimes have interesting opinions.

But like I said.....I never claimed to have that same kind of knowledge and experience. (but there are some things where common sense still applies....like thinking that Barmore should not be discounted because one of them thinks he may not "fit").    But what I do do is to look at and read the opinions of actual experts.....  So, sorry, I do value those experts opinions more highly than I do these guy's opinions. 

Doesn't that make sense?  Is there a problem with that? 

Late to the party but very proud of my Browns. My thoughts on the game are we were outcoached yesterday not by a huge margin but in the playoffs just one bad decision can be the difference between winning and losing. Our offense failed us, going into this game I think we all suspected it would take 30+ points to beat KC but we only scored 17. The Defense has been bad all season and to hold KC to 22 points is admirable. We lack speed to defend even Henne's last run and Reid's 4th and 1 call to speedy Hill. Finally we were hosed by bad ref calls but still had a chance to win at the end.

The future's bright and priorities should be to trade or draft a healthy speedy receiver (Beckham's health can't be relied on) and speedy defensive backs, we're no longer looking at winning the AFC north but how to beat teams like KC and Buffalo in the playoffs. Go Browns!!

8 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Oh, is that what they're calling it now? 

@Gunz41

What is this you've tagged me in? I'm in no mental condition to go back multiple pages and read at this time.

Sorry confused myself in the 2 threads.

Just went up the page on to tag a few to ask IF Devonta Smith were available at 26 if Browns should take him

2 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Sorry confused myself in the 2 threads.

Just went up the page on to tag a few to ask IF Devonta Smith were available at 26 if Browns should take him

He won't be there, so it really doesn't matter.

In some Narnia-land-ass pipe dream? That's beyond an easy call.    His footwork and strong hands are just special.