THE BROWNS BOARD

FAKE NEWS - Mitch McConnell denies report - he will not allow impeachment vote

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Trump will be be 78 years old in 2024; I think it's a good policy in general not to vote in geriatrics to positions of high office in the first place. Throw Nancy pelosi into that equation as well.

Oh I think somebody could get some traction for Trump 2024 and it will last for a few months but America is fickle and will forget all about this shit soon enough. By then Trump fatigue will have set in even with the most Ardent supporters.

Hopefully in 2022 Biden will lose enough in the Senate and House to star in his own corruption investigation. If he even knows what day it is by then.

WSS

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

All these months and you've not upped your game a lick...

#sad

but that is what Hoorta wants - me to cross the line so he can boot me, and the rest of us off, one by one.

It's happening openly in the msm, twitter, facebook, congress...

and it seems very much that he enlisted some of his friends to come here and belligerently help him.

not buyin what you all are trying to be sellin. The left knows they've bitched on purpose for four years...they don't want to allow it to bounce back at them. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Ok, the vote is recorded. What does said vote actually accomplish in the way of removing Trump from office? Republicans in the Senate won't vote to remove him. The shortest impeachment trial was Trump's 1st one and it took 21 day; Trump is out of office anyway in less than 6 days, so - again - what does all of this Kabuki theater from the Democrats actually accomplish?

EXACTLY. Tour can't answer, Hoorta can't answer. They can't name one thing their joe the schmoe biden did FOR AMERICA in 47 years...and they won't admit the hundreds of good/GREAT things PRESIDENT TRUMP DID DO FOR AMERICA in only 4 years.

they mad.

In conclusion, little toursies, yes, they had a vote. The entire country knows it was a political stunt. It means nothing unless the Senate votes to take action in a trial.

and they are not going to. Have a nice day being a lefty political hatemonger.

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Oh I think somebody could get some traction for Trump 2024 and it will last for a few months but America is fickle and will forget all about this shit soon enough. By then Trump fatigue will have set in even with the most Ardent supporters.

Hopefully in 2022 Biden will lose enough in the Senate and House to star in his own corruption investigation. If he even knows what day it is by then.

WSS

Honestly, I think Trump Jr. would be a better option in 2024 than his dad. Trump Sr. is just too old and narcissistic to run successfully. I think Jr. is better informed on the issues and is young enough to dig in for protracted political battles

57 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Honestly, I think Trump Jr. would be a better option in 2024 than his dad. Trump Sr. is just too old and narcissistic to run successfully. I think Jr. is better informed on the issues and is young enough to dig in for protracted political battles

Oh I agree with you JD. Im just saying that Trump fatigue is going to probably preclude that. And yes I wish Don Jr would run. Of course the press and the lunatic left will hate him just as badly but they will hate any Republican that runs.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Oh I agree with you JD. I just saying that Trump fatigue is going to probably preclude that. And yes I wish Don Jr would run.

WSS

DTJ is an intriguing option, but I don't think he's the best option. 

Tulsi Gabbard would be the best option, imo.

52 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

DTJ is an intriguing option, but I don't think he's the best option. 

Tulsi Gabbard would be the best option, imo.

I agree, she might have a “D” next to her name but the negative press from the MSM will work against her.

She’s not like the rest of the Dems.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

I agree, she might have a “D” next to her name but the negative press from the MSM will work against her.

She’s not like the rest of the Dems.

She was for open borders and free healthcare for illegals, she also said she believed women until Biden was accused then it was different.

13 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:
  1. Ok, the vote is recorded. What does said vote actually accomplish in the way of removing Trump from office?
  2. Republicans in the Senate won't vote to remove him.
  3. The shortest impeachment trial was Trump's 1st one and it took 21 day; Trump is out of office anyway in less than 6 days, so - again - what does all of this Kabuki theater from the Democrats actually accomplish?

1. How else do you propose to hold Trump accountable?

2. Actually it's not a certainty that some Republican Senators will not vote to convict. While I don't hold out hope that McConnell would vote to convict, there are a half dozen or so that either definitely will or likely will... at present.

Now you'll say, as you said before, that 2/3rds, or 67, votes to convict are ungettable. I agree the odds are very low of that occurring... at present.

Why at present? As more and more details, including video, emerge. As more arrests are made and more of the arrested make their motivation(s) and motivator(s) known, the evidence will mount. This delay that McConnell has imposed gives time for evidence to be developed.

And now some of that evidence appears to be pointing towards the complicity of members of Congress.

3. It puts every Senator on record, if they vote. The House members are already on record. I wrote elsewhere on the politics of this, so I won't reiterate that now... especially since there's something far more interesting to bring up.

In an Impeachment trial it does take a 2/3rds majority to convict. However, it does not take 67 votes because nowhere is it stated how many Senators have to participate in the trial. Thus my "if they vote" comment above.

The only way for a Senator to avoid having their vote recorded is to not vote.

If one does not, the conviction threshold falls from 67 to 66. If three more opt out, it's 65, etc., etc., dropping the requited total one more for every three that opt out.

One last thing...

Impeachment, even one followed by a Senate conviction, does not prevent the person tried from running for President again. To do that requires a third, separate on whether to bar the person from holding office in the future. This vote only requires a simple majority to pass.

https://apnews.com/article/barring-trump-holding-office-again-f477c7ddc7ad0cc91a5fb86d12b007f0

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

In conclusion, little toursies, yes, they had a vote. The entire country knows it was a political stunt. It means nothing unless the Senate votes to take action in a trial.

and they are not going to. Have a nice day being a lefty political hatemonger.

Yup.... no game...

As for the Senate trial... care to make it interesting?

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

they won't admit the hundreds of good/GREAT

Don't you owe me 100?

Been a while ago, so you should have had plenty of time to prep a list.

On 1/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, Axe said:

You reap what you sow. ;)

You know she's the QAnon chick- right?  And about as nutty as Buffalo Bob.  (QAnon Shaman) who, incidentally just threw Trump under the bus with his defense- "he wanted us there".   

One thing for sure over the last 20 years the average IQ of the voting populace has dropped around 20 points. 

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

but that is what Hoorta wants - me to cross the line so he can boot me, and the rest of us off, one by one.

It's happening openly in the msm, twitter, facebook, congress...

and it seems very much that he enlisted some of his friends to come here and belligerently help him.

not buyin what you all are trying to be sellin. The left knows they've bitched on purpose for four years...they don't want to allow it to bounce back at them. Have a nice day.

And you did cross the line deleting and reposting a thread that I responded to.  SNOWFLAKE. Maybe I can just start editing your garbage with this...  "The content of this post is not factual and is disputed"  

Can't handle a little opposing opinion- what would you do if 20 or so Squad members invaded? And started posting 5-6 articles from the Washington Post and NY Times every day? You'd have a total meltdown....

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

EXACTLY. Tour can't answer, Hoorta can't answer. They can't name one thing their joe the schmoe biden did FOR AMERICA in 47 years...and they won't admit the hundreds of good/GREAT things PRESIDENT TRUMP DID DO FOR AMERICA in only 4 years.

they mad.

Yawn, still suffering from BDS.... 

20 minutes ago, Axe said:

I guess this last election proves that point.

Have another bottle of wine..

Aw, such a sore loser...  As to wine? Sure, I think I'll have a glass of port before I head to bed.  FWIW, I used to teach a Wine Appreciation class at the University of Dayton. I know more about wine than Trump knows about politics.  :D   

11 minutes ago, Axe said:

If Biden had a lick of smarts, he'd pardon Trump.

I'm waiting to see if Donnie will try the self pardon gambit. Too paranoid to resign because he's afraid he pissed off Pence enough that he won't pardon him.  

Well QAnon Shaman wants Trump to pardon him. Stay turned.  :)  

12 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

DTJ is an intriguing option,

If he's able to...

DC attorney general wants to interview Donald Trump Jr. as part of Trump inaugural funds abuse probe (msn.com)

There's always Eric...

EDIT: Nevermind.... turns out a convicted felon can run for Pres, VP, Senate, House. How fucked up is that?