THE BROWNS BOARD

Wonder Woman 1984 review

Wonder Woman 1984

So it’s been hit-and-miss for the DC Universe and after many years of battling to put Wonder Woman on the screen they struck gold in 2017. Despite the bumps along the way and all kind of rumors concerning political correct  issues the film turned out to be one of the better superhero flicks. Of course, in my opinion the original setting of World War I is a lot more interesting than shopping malls in 1984. Let’s be clear Gal Gadot wasn’t selected because of her acting skills she was selected because she’s tall athletic and good looking. Fair enough, that’s a big criterion for any superhero flick. Just for the record in WW 1984 her acting ability or lack of it never comes into question. Why? Because every other member of the cast absolutely sucks out loud.
I read vague stories about some sort of me-too controversy during the filming of the first one but didn’t pay much attention because the film was ultimately a good one. I don’t know what changes Gadot demanded for this one bite whatever they were have resulted in a really horrible film. One would think that given the fact that prior to being a movie star she was in the Israeli military you would guess that she has access to a pair of big girl pants.
Anyway, I was hard-pressed to figure out what the plot might have been besides a framework in which WW beats up men. From what I can tell somebody wants to make a statement about the greed of the 80s set against the backdrop of luxurious shopping malls. The bad guy is Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal) a TV con man who has stolen a magical stone and plans to rule the world or destroy it or both. Who can tell and honestly who cares? All I can tell you is that his character is so ridiculous and so poorly acted as to make Godot seemed like Meryl Streep. As far as Wonder Woman’s boyfriend Steve Trevor Chris Pine good luck trying to figure out why he’s even there in the first place.  Maybe just to piss off the feminists?
To add insult to injury it took me two hours with tech support to finally get the hbomax app up and running on my big screen Samsung. To be honest I think the time on the phone with the Philippine operator wasn’t a whole lot less annoying been watching two and a half hours of this movie.
D
WSS

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 2:44 PM, Westside Steve said:

Wonder Woman 1984

So it’s been hit-and-miss for the DC Universe and after many years of battling to put Wonder Woman on the screen they struck gold in 2017. Despite the bumps along the way and all kind of rumors concerning political correct  issues the film turned out to be one of the better superhero flicks. Of course, in my opinion the original setting of World War I is a lot more interesting than shopping malls in 1984. Let’s be clear Gal Gadot wasn’t selected because of her acting skills she was selected because she’s tall athletic and good looking. Fair enough, that’s a big criterion for any superhero flick. Just for the record in WW 1984 her acting ability or lack of it never comes into question. Why? Because every other member of the cast absolutely sucks out loud.
I read vague stories about some sort of me-too controversy during the filming of the first one but didn’t pay much attention because the film was ultimately a good one. I don’t know what changes Gadot demanded for this one bite whatever they were have resulted in a really horrible film. One would think that given the fact that prior to being a movie star she was in the Israeli military you would guess that she has access to a pair of big girl pants.
Anyway, I was hard-pressed to figure out what the plot might have been besides a framework in which WW beats up men. From what I can tell somebody wants to make a statement about the greed of the 80s set against the backdrop of luxurious shopping malls. The bad guy is Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal) a TV con man who has stolen a magical stone and plans to rule the world or destroy it or both. Who can tell and honestly who cares? All I can tell you is that his character is so ridiculous and so poorly acted as to make Godot seemed like Meryl Streep. As far as Wonder Woman’s boyfriend Steve Trevor Chris Pine good luck trying to figure out why he’s even there in the first place.  Maybe just to piss off the feminists?
To add insult to injury it took me two hours with tech support to finally get the hbomax app up and running on my big screen Samsung. To be honest I think the time on the phone with the Philippine operator wasn’t a whole lot less annoying been watching two and a half hours of this movie.
D
WSS

I don't think shes that good looking..She has no ass... no boobs... no physique... you may as well be looking at a guy... Her body is exempt of curvature... in short... She has 2 backs!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, nickers said:

I don't think shes that good looking..She has no ass... no boobs... no physique... you may as well be looking at a guy... Her body is exempt of curvature... in short... She has 2 backs!

I guess she does have kind of a flat ass, but I would not say she is devoid of curvature.  And while she isn't massive up front, her boobs seem perfectly adequate.   She has a more contemporary, athletic build than the fleshy bombshell that was Lynda Carter. 

75+ Hot Pictures Of Gal Gadot Will Make You Love This Wonder Woman | Best  Of Comic Books

• Haha 1