THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 19: CLE @ KC.... they play some crazy little football there and we're gonna get us some...

ATOM

45 minutes ago, ATOM said:

what ? wait ? huh ?

lmao...

Swear to God, dude...

I copy/pasted the link from the main page and edited nothing into your OP.

Let's try that again...

lmao x 2...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Week 19: Browns at Chiefs - The John Dorsey Bowl 😂

I feel strangely optimistic about this game. 

i felt that  last week and am going with it this week

20 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ditto... I'm thinking it's a matter of not having fully come down from the late Sunday high we all shared.

But more dangerously.... I've caught myself thinking ahead.

And while that may be permissible for mere fans, I chastise myself when it happens.

#onestepatatime

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Ditto... I'm thinking it's a matter of not having fully come down from the late Sunday high we all shared.

But more dangerously.... I've caught myself thinking ahead.

And while that may be permissible for mere fans, I chastise myself when it happens.

#onestepatatime

I won't go so far to predict a victory, this obviously is a rough matchup for us, but...

Never underestimate a team that feels like they have nothing to lose. 

Ahh princess on a steeple and all the pretty people
They're all drinking, thinking that they've got it made
Exchanging all precious gifts
But you better take your diamond ring, you better pawn it babe
You used to be so amused
At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used
Go to him he calls you, you can't refuse
When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose
You're invisible now, you've got no secrets to conceal
How does it feel, ah how does it feel?
To be on your own, with no direction home
Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone... - R. Zimmerman

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hx214 said:

I see they listed Jackson as a hamstring injury...  I would have thought it would have been from 3rd degree burns...

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Week 19: Browns at Chiefs - The John Dorsey Bowl 😂

10 hours ago, ATOM said:

i felt that  last week and am going with it this week

Unlike Tour and his Xmas tree I am not going to risk jinxing them, so I will carry the same tune I did going into the Pitt game-----we're toast. KC beats the point spread.😁

• Thanks 1

https://www.brownsnation.com/sammy-watkins-doesnt-view-the-browns-as-competition/

Sammy Watkins Doesn’t View The Browns As Competition

Worse than "grey faces" I think. LOL. Our Browns don't NEED

bulletin board material.

But Baker has been proving the doubters wrong all his life. He's the perfect qb to inspire everyone around him to fight the odds.

But the Chiefs have serious talent. It's who wants it more - and I don't think the Chiefs are hungry.

Should be another blockbuster.

CBs Denzel Ward and Kevin Johnson were activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list, leaving just two players (G Joel Bitonio and WR KhaDarel Hodge) on the list after as many as eight were on it the previous week. Offensive line coach Bill Callahan, who has been sidelined for the past two games, was back in the building, too

• Thanks 1

Alright alright alright... finally some Updates...

Practice Reports first...

Three DNPs... two hammies and a shoulder. I'm betting on Goodson, but most worried about Conklin... did not look promising when he left game.

Njoku? Rather have him than not, but if we have to role without him then I don;t see that as a game-changer.

image.png.eecb2e40329416860fab40e37cf186dc.png

And for KC... Sammy mouths off and then might not play? Fenton and Gay are oth backups... I'd forgotten Bell was in KC now.

image.png.02efcf2d1baba48b82be741dce0f638a.png

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Alright alright alright... finally some Updates...

Practice Reports first...

Three DNPs... two hammies and a shoulder. I'm betting on Goodson, but most worried about Conklin... did not look promising when he left game.

Njoku? Rather have him than not, but if we have to role without him then I don;t see that as a game-changer.

image.png.eecb2e40329416860fab40e37cf186dc.png

And for KC... Sammy mouths off and then might not play? Fenton and Gay are oth backups... I'd forgotten Bell was in KC now.

image.png.02efcf2d1baba48b82be741dce0f638a.png

why do i  keep on hearing that joel may not play ?

And in Injury-ville...

I think the lack of an up update on Goodson reinforces my above take... at least that's how I choose to interpret it.

image.thumb.png.a90993e15ef6c4c48c8c413ab28b5f48.png

Liitle added by KC's report... Yelder is 3rd stringer... Gay's injury is an old one, apparently he saw play in Week 17 when they rested starters and was nicked. I'd expect him back.

image.thumb.png.472c0d03f52a6a8a9f3120821e8311aa.png

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

why do i  keep on hearing that joel may not play ?

Players still on the reserve/COVID-19 list

Left guard Joel Bitonio

Wide receiver KhaDarel Hodge

Both Bitonio and Hodge have the potential to be activated before Sunday’s game, but it is not certain that will happen. They were placed on the reserve list on Jan. 5th, which means the earliest they can be activated from their positive tests is Friday, Jan. 15th.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/13/updated-browns-covid-19-status-afc-divisional-round-bitonio-stefanski-denzel-ward/

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Both Bitonio and Hodge have the potential to be activated before Sunday’s game, but it is not certain that will happen. They were placed on the reserve list on Jan. 5th, which means the earliest they can be activated from their positive tests is Friday, Jan. 15th.

so just as long as they test negative they are in  ? Keep those mofo's in bubble wrap

On 1/11/2021 at 7:55 PM, Pat Mahomo said:

We are going to crush you.  

seriously who is this fuck ? all he comes with are childish one liners like I didnt do it it was like that when i found it my pee pee hurts

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

so just as long as they test negative they are in  ? Keep those mofo's in bubble wrap

Apparently unless as you were intimating they have another "close contact".

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Unlike Tour and his Xmas tree

The tree is still out and in same state as it was Sunday nite..

Hopefully will be thru Feb. 7th...

Do you think I need to glue leaves back on the two Poinsettias?

image.png.7548e0d465431c27fcd1d3a5a662d67a.png

Baker has "responded"...

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Sammy Watkins recently posted a dismissive comment about the Browns, questioning whether they qualified as competition for their upcoming game.

image.png.054eae2b9783caa2abf71651d7d0e73c.png

Mayfield shrugged off the tweet when asked about it on Wednesday, saying it displayed the confidence necessary to succeed in the NFL. Mayfield told the media:

“I have no problem with it, to be honest with you. Because if you don’t have confidence, you’re not going to have success. And those guys have been doing it together for a few years now. They have a ton of confidence in each other. People get mad when you put it out there, it’s bulletin-board material, but I don’t have a problem with it. It comes with the nature of this game. You’ve got to be confident. You’ve got to know and believe in yourself.”

Mayfield is conciliatory here, but one has to wonder if the same attitude is being taken in private. It certainly wasn’t last week. The Browns seem to enjoy feeding off this sort of thing, so while Mayfield won’t publicly add fuel to the fire, he’s probably taken note of it privately.

I can see the headline on KC's bulletin board now...

Mayfiield says the Chiefs are old!

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The tree is still out and in same state as it was Sunday nite..

Hopefully will be thru Feb. 7th...

Do you think I need to glue leaves back on the two Poinsettias?

Those would cost us two TDs if you didn't wouldn't it?🌾😱

Cleveland, runs the ball.  you are a running team....and why shouldn't you be, you have 2 very good RB.  Stefanski has made you viable by turning Baker Mayfield into the next Alex Smith....just manage the game, hand off...don't throw picks.  Win the TO battle.  That's a winning formula in the regular season. ....and if you come up agasint a team that is going to turn it over 4 times in the 1st Q and spot you a 28-0 lead....that should work.

It's worth reminding you, KC was down 24-0 after 1 Q VS Houston last year.  We led 28-24 at halftime.  We lost the TO battle.  Pat Mahomes renders alot of conventional wisdom and stats meaningless.

Now see... that ^ was a reasonable post. Not that it will help you with many here... you've already pissed a lil too much in that punchbowl... but it was better.

On HOU... My first reaction was "so your O does get rusty?" My second that we lost to HOU in a wind tunnel coming out of our Bye even with our ground game. Same was true two weeks prior in our loss to LV.

As to game manger Baker... again true, but only at the above point in the season. And since then only when the game flow assigns him that role. But when a shootout is in the offing, then Stef cuts Baker loose. Witness his mid-300 ypg outings vs. TN (a 41-35 win) and BLT (a 42-47 loss) in back to back weeks. Check out the "Must Read..." thread for a breakdown of Stef's "Project Baker".