THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 19: CLE @ KC.... they play some crazy little football there and we're gonna get us some...

ATOM

What is your next new thread going to be about? No need to make the hangover mods work merging all the threads you're starting... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m a little sore running through that wall last night (I think we all are) but thanks for the pre game pep talk 

LOL you're welcome. Always here to help. 

Brownskidd said this in the other thread:

23 minutes ago, BrownsKidd said:

I Could be wrong, but did I see that KC has on of the worst run defenses in the league.  Next week !could be very interesting!

Interesting - you have a point there !

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings-2020-season-updated/

"NFL defense rankings: Ranking top defenses in NFL Playoffs

8. Cleveland Browns

The Cleveland Browns might have destiny on their side. Missing key players and coaches due to COVID-10, this team took the field in the Wild Card round as an underdog. When Ben Roethlisberger couldn’t grab a high snap and Pittsburgh gifted an early defensive touchdown to the Browns, it was the snowball that turned into an avalanche. Four takeaways flipped this rivalry game, fueling Cleveland to a shocking 48-37 victory.

With that said, there are still alarming concerns for Cleveland’s defense. Big Ben made some awful mistakes and he still finished with 501 passing yards and four touchdowns. On top of that, the Browns couldn’t sack him once. Now, imagine Patrick Mahomes facing this same defense. The only way Cleveland will have a chance for a Divisional Round stunner is if they dominate time of possession and Mahomes has an uncharacteristic multi-turnover game.

7. Kansas City Chiefs

Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs are the reason why this team is the favorite to win Super Bowl LV. As we saw during the NFL Playoffs last year and at times this season, Kansas City’s defense is capable of stepping up in stretches when the offense goes cold. It happened in Week 16 against the Atlanta Falcons. When called upon, Kansas City boasts the playmakers who are capable of flipping a game. We don’t like this defense as much as we did at this same time last year, but this is still a good group.

• Kansas City Chiefs defensive stats (Week 1-8): 201.3 pass yards/game, 60.1% completion rate, 76.8 quarterback rating, 9/9 TD/INT ratio, 17 sacks, 142.8 rush yards/game, 4.8 yards per carry
  • Kansas City Chiefs defensive stats (Week 9-16): 269.7 pass yards/game, 64.2% completion rate, 96.3 quarterback rating, 17/7 TD/INT ratio, 12 sacks, 96.7 rush yards/game, 4.2 yards per carry.

There are reasons to be concerned for Kansas City’s sake against the Browns. We haven’t seen the Chiefs stop the run all season and there is nothing Kevin Stefanski loves doing more than punishing defenses with Nick Chubb. Cleveland will use ground control to eat up the clock and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field.

If the Chiefs can jump out to an early lead, forcing Baker Mayfield to carry the Browns, a victory becomes likely. If Cleveland gets it going early, though, an NFL Playoffs upset is possible."

So if we win the toss, then let's take the ball.

Actually thought that was what we should have done last nite.

Boy... am I ever glad I did not have the power to make that call...

• Haha 2

Our main issue next week is we score too fucking quick, we will keep giving them the ball back

What to do, run it and kill it but not be as potent, or get into a shootout.

Either way, how great just to be involved, I'm loving it

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Our main issue next week is we score too fucking quick, we will keep giving them the ball back

What to do, run it and kill it but not be as potent, or get into a shootout.

Either way, how great just to be involved, I'm loving it

I don't know.  I think our main problem may be that THEY score too fucking quick.

Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 148 3rd 231 27th 8th 111 9th 248 22nd 9th +5
Chiefs 112 16th 313 1st 5th 122 21st 236 14th 8th +6

Obviously, the numbers show that we should run against them and they should pass against us.

Nero predicted a shootout against the Steelers.  With the Chiefs being the #1 passing team and us with a decimated defensive backfield, and a weakened pass rush, this has the earmarks of a shootout also.  Ideally we'd like to slow this game down a gear or two.  If we were to happen to start with the ball, a nice time consuming drive culminating in points, preferably a TD, would be a nice way to set a tone and tempo.

I think most would say that we're a heavy underdog.  But we've witnessed time and time again this season that this is NOT the same old Browns.  

All I want is a steady attack from our defense, keep their QB on edge, and force him to throw the ball away. Keeping close quarters on the big TE, T. Kelce will also be a factor. Cover him like a shadow, don't let him out play you. And our DB's need to keep check on their WR's. Don't let them catch anything. Cover them tight, don't give them any space to make a play. And of course, we need to keep running the ball heavy. Let Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb do their thing and power their way down the field and into the endzone.

Week 19: CLE @ KC.... they play some crazy little football there and we're gonna get us some...

First... apologies to Fats Domino.

Second... I never would have imagined typing "Week 19" a few months ago.

Folks... this is going to be a barn-burner.

KC scores a ton, but they also allow a ton of scores. As has already been pointed out in other KC posts they are terrible at stopping the run. And if there is one thing we are great at...

So with that... here is our opponent for the week.

image.thumb.png.c4acf9774c76bb00ac8c1aa14d35a666.png

• Upvote 1

1.  When we do crush you....I want my original name back (Zerovoltz)

2.  Yes, you beat the Steelers.  You had the unusualy benefit of getting a bunch of turnovers in the 1st quarter with very very short fields.  You won the turnover battle 5-0.  GOOD LUCK with having all that happen again.  

3.  Pat Mahomes.