THE BROWNS BOARD

***WILDCARD: Browns AT Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Now that’s a meltdown. Damn that’s funny.

Saw this this morning, the only type of person that does this shit is the type of person to get that fucking hair cut. Jesus Christ. Either way as far as I'm concerned this sort of shit is put on. He's being filmed and the person filming isn't saying a fucking thing. 

18 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Saw this this morning, the only type of person that does this shit is the type of person to get that fucking hair cut. Jesus Christ. Either way as far as I'm concerned this sort of shit is put on. He's being filmed and the person filming isn't saying a fucking thing. 

That shirt did rip off pretty easily. It’s a fantastic performance though. The angst feels real. Bravo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Please find where I said they were super bowl contenders without specific parameters. Further more I at no point said they were trash because they aren't. I still wouldn't trade your roster for ours and I expect them to be in the thick of it again next season. If not we can enjoy the higher draft picks you fucks have had for decades courtesy of your consistent pant shitting. I'm hanging around and taking my knocks, you'd think you'd acknowledge that some. If not I'm happy to be an asshole and troll the fuck out of you and anyone else that wants it but I'll back it up with facts, film etc. Good luck not getting pegged by the chiefs. 

Some of you just can't help yourselves. Act like you've won before......oh...

Several things:

A.  He is probably talking some about TV talking heads....who, yes, just a couple of days ago said that the Steelers were Super Bowl contenders.  And, again, it is some those same  TV talking heads that are now saying that they are trash and ready to do a complete rebuild.  (Why do you think that whenever anyone is talking about the Steelers that it always has to do with you....narcissist much?)

B. We are all very grateful that you wouldn't trade your roster for ours, for clearly everyone here would agree with you on that position.....except we would trade a few of our LBs for yours.

C. The draft pick we will have will not be that much lower in the first round  than the one you have, if what you believe is true and the Browns will lose to the Chiefs.  Certainly the Chiefs would be heavily favored. But It is not like you  will be picking in the Top 5-10 as we usually did  while you were  picking way down low.   The Steelers are now locked into the 24th pick.   If the Browns lose to the Chiefs, they will have either the 25th or 26th pick depending on what the Rams do.  So much for any huge advantage you think you have there. That one or 2 pick gap  would only be somewhat  bigger  if the Browns actually beat the Chiefs. 

D. As far as you are concerned.  You can stay or you can go.  No one cares.

E. As far as  acting like we have won before.....it is not important if any fans act like they have won before, for a couple of reasons:   1. it only matters how the team reacts, not how the fans react.  2. Yes, it is true that there are young people here possibly who have not seen the Browns win a postseason game before.  It has been 26 years between wins.  So its OK for them to not act like they have been here before.   Of course, that is nothing like the 39 years of existence that Steeler fans had gone before ever winning their first postseason game.   All while Cleveland area teams were racking up 13 Championships.  Call us when you catch up to half that total. 

23 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

That shirt did rip off pretty easily. It’s a fantastic performance though. The angst feels real. Bravo.

Shirt ripped off easy. Who the fuck has a ladder just chilling in the dining room unless you are the undertaker and are fighting mankind? I was steaming mad yesterday but i don't break my own shit, ever. If I had that hair cut tho? I just may. Lol

10 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Now that’s a meltdown. Damn that’s funny.

Hope that wasn't "the good tv"...

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Some of you just can't help yourselves. Act like you've won before......oh...

Pretty sure that qualifies as a "sick burn"... Well done.

But there is a learning curve... ;)

5 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Even had the plain dealer wagon with the straps for the huge sunday papers.

If you still had it, then that'd be worth something...

Probably more than you made in your entire paperboy career.

39 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

That was the quietest I have ever heard Stephen A. about anything. And I loved his comment at the very end about JuJu's comment before the game.

Shit.... now I may have to listen to it.

I usually avoid Stephen A. like I do a certain poster here...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Shit.... now I may have to listen to it.

I usually avoid Stephen A. like I do a certain poster here...

Hey, man. @Dutch Oven has some interesting thoughts every once in a while... 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't think some of you realize just how much yesterday was about certain things coming to fruition

Agreed! 

The Browns GM's decisions regarding upgrades to the team's backups have been consistently better than the Steelers'.. this season.

Two Browns All-Pro OL starters were out this game and their replacements not only wouldn't start at Ohio State, they were introducing themselves to the team in the locker room before the game.. yet how many sacks did the Steelers get? Goose egg. And how many rushing yards did those below-replacement-level OL generate? More than double the Steelers at a higher YPC.

Put Conklin and Bitonio on Sunday's Browns squad and the score is even more of a blowout.. because Ben gets fewer possessions and Cleveland has over 200 yards rushing.

I hope we've all learned that NFL quality top-to-bottom is essential for a winning roster both now and moving forward.  Developmental, sure, but the floor needs to be competency.  Can't just focus on the starters both for name and for cap, those backups will be called upon..

20 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I went downstairs and packed a bowl full of some of the Devils lettuce and plowed through it on the back porch. 

Claypool must be smoking some of that to still be talking shit after getting beat two weeks in a row.

What is it about your franchise that you can't shut up your bitchdiva wide recivers?

You've gone from being a run-first/great defense Super Bowl winning team to a pass-happy early-exit diva team.

You let that fester too long and now you are watching us in the playoffs.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Claypool must be smoking some of that to still be talking shit after getting beat two weeks in a row.

What is it about your franchise that you can't shut up your bitchdiva wide recivers?

You've gone from being a run-first/great defense Super Bowl winning team to a pass-happy early-exit diva team.

You let that fester too long and now you are watching us in the playoffs.

Zombo

First and foremost you do you really think you win the first of two if we don't rest starters? At least acknowledge it as you barely beat Mason Rudolph. As far as Claypool is concerned I don't understand why it's a sticking point. Players talk especially players from a certain age group where social media is handled in a completely different manner. As far as the team is concerned randy fichtner sucks, pouncey has been bad all year a d villanueva hasn't been great either. It all effects the running game. I also assume the quick passing is an effort to keep Ben clean for the above mentioned reasons. It is what it is. You've been in the basement for decades and you finally get to the post season and win a game and now all the sudden you are world beaters? I mean I get it to a point and you are entitled to the gloating especially with me in enemy territory but fuck, you all are pretty ridiculous right now.

You all are so fucking fragile, players included that you can't seem to stop talking about what the steelers are saying post eliminating them for the playoffs. Don't you all play the chiefs? Kareem hunt is signing helmets quoting juju. It's pretty damn sorry. 😬😂

I'm not worried about the steelers. We lost. We move on. 

27 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

First and foremost you do you really think you win the first of two if we don't rest starters? At least acknowledge it as you barely beat Mason Rudolph

Yes. Proof of that is the second game.   Browns are the better team. 

. As far as Claypool is concerned I don't understand why it's a sticking point. Players talk especially players from a certain age group where social media is handled in a completely different manner.

Its not a "sticking point" ....its just that he is an obtuse stupid little asshole...and we are pointing that out.   We have a tradition here of pointing out obtuse stupid little Steeler assholes.  (find a mirror).  I mean, if the Steelers had won and had gone up against the Chiefs....would he have said "I expect us to get clapped"?   Which we don't know what that means?   Maybe it was actually a  compliment.  Maybe we are wrong about what he meant.....after all to "clap" mean to "applaud".  Is that what he meant. 

As far as the team is concerned randy fichtner sucks, pouncey has been bad all year a d villanueva hasn't been great either. It all effects the running game. I also assume the quick passing is an effort to keep Ben clean for the above mentioned reasons. It is what it is. You've been in the basement for decades and you finally get to the post season and win a game and now all the sudden you are world beaters? I mean I get it to a point and you are entitled to the gloating especially with me in enemy territory but fuck, you all are pretty ridiculous right now.

First....no one here gives  a shit about your personnel evaluations of what is wrong with that team.  Second?  Who is gloating? You are just deluding yourself about that.  We were happy to win.......would you not be happy if your team won?  Hello!  Wake the fuck up. 

You all are so fucking fragile, players included that you can't seem to stop talking about what the steelers are saying post eliminating them for the playoffs. Don't you all play the chiefs? Kareem hunt is signing helmets quoting juju. It's pretty damn sorry. 😬😂

I'm not worried about the steelers. We lost. We move on. 

This is all a bunch of sour grapes....its OK. We understand your need to go there.  At least you are not going full Trumpian by  claiming that you actually won the game.  And we are not worried about the Steelers....we won, you lost....we will each move on. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

I'm not reading any of this, if the board wasnt in a light state of functional turmoil I think I would have blocked you already. You don't provide me anything but consistent annoyance. I'm gonna jump on my laptop when I get home and toss you on the tired of your senseless shit list. I should have done it a long time ago. 

First and foremost you do you really think you win the first of two if we don't rest starters?

wait, we were down coaches and starters, and we beat your starters.

deja vu all over again

cc748318a57b6ee592ecea2a9680bb32--steele

First and foremost you do you really think you win the first of two if we don't rest starters?

Well, yes. We beat you in Pittsburgh in a game we both badly wanted, so why wouldn't have we beaten you in Cleveland in a game we needed more?

Those starters that sat out?:

Ben & Pouncey : 5 turnovers

Watt & Heyward: Never touched Baker, ran through them like butter.

Don't forget, we were up 23-9 in that game, and Baker was flawless in both games, and we easily out rushed you, etc etc.

As far as Claypool is concerned I don't understand why it's a sticking point. Players talk especially players from a certain age group where social media is handled in a completely different manner.

Our guys are the same age, and they're not talking shit, clowning, dancing on logos before games ... they were hungry like they wanted to be there, yours were arrogant like they were entitled to be there. No one is policing Claypool and Shuster, just like no one policed Brown. Stefanski and Baker have their men focused, Tomlin and Ben don't. You're not tough guys anymore ... you're punks.

You've been in the basement for decades and you finally get to the post season and win a game and now all the sudden you are world beaters?

I don't know if we are World Beaters, but we are top-kotch Steeler Beaters.

We lost. We move on. 

You move on because we made you move on.

You got clapped.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Interesting tidbit:

NO  game in NFL history...regular or post season ,  had ever ended in a score of  48-37  until the Browns/Steelers game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-48-37-victory-over-091635053.html

It's called 'scorigami', a term invented by Jon Bois. In Nflscorigami.com you have all the results of every game ever played on a chart. The good thing is that this win will stick out even more for that reason. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Well, yes. We beat you in Pittsburgh in a game we both badly wanted, so why wouldn't have we beaten you in Cleveland in a game we needed more?

Those starters that sat out?:

Ben & Pouncey : 5 turnovers

Watt & Heyward: Never touched Baker, ran through them like butter.

Don't forget, we were up 23-9 in that game, and Baker was flawless in both games, and we easily out rushed you, etc etc.

Our guys are the same age, and they're not talking shit, clowning, dancing on logos before games ... they were hungry like they wanted to be there, yours were arrogant like they were entitled to be there. No one is policing Claypool and Shuster, just like no one policed Brown. Stefanski and Baker have their men focused, Tomlin and Ben don't. You're not tough guys anymore ... you're punks.

I don't know if we are World Beaters, but we are top-kotch Steeler Beaters.

You move on because we made you move on.

You got clapped.

Zombo

They played a horrid game and deserved to lose. 

Juju nor chase need policed and you couldn't guard either. As I said before enjoy your win. All of you still focused on the steelers is hilarious. I wouldn't trade your roster for ours ten times out of ten. I can't recall a time I came here post a win outside of my hostile college years were I've gloated. I guess I should start because it's clear you boys don't know how to react when you win some games for a change. You are about to get pegged by the chiefs. I will be here for it. 

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Gently said the Steelers fan who posts on a Browns board.

And who said "I won't take anything from the Browns' win" to later bring all the excuses in the world for the Steelers in several posts. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

and you couldn't guard either

Agreed!

And you couldn't stop Chubb or Hunt or do anything remotely tangible with your run game.  Pitt's OL and DL were both dominated by Cleveland.

PIT has invested exactly 4 picks [in the first 3 rounds] since 2014 in DL and none in OL. Tuitt [2014/2] Dupree [2015/1] Hargreave [2016/3] Watt [2017/1].  WR has been Steelers round2 pick each of the last 4 years.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

They played a horrid game and deserved to lose. 

Juju nor chase need policed and you couldn't guard either. As I said before enjoy your win. All of you still focused on the steelers is hilarious. I wouldn't trade your roster for ours ten times out of ten. I can't recall a time I came here post a win outside of my hostile college years were I've gloated. I guess I should start because it's clear you boys don't know how to react when you win some games for a change. You are about to get pegged by the chiefs. I will be here for it. 

We couldn't guard either of your your fat mouth #1 and #2 wrs because they were up against our third string and practice squad cornerbacks. Pitch and catch. Regarding next year- our #2 CB Greedy Williams and #1 safety Grant Delpit haven't played all year because of injuries. You got curb stomped by a team without 1\2 its coaching staff, #1 Cb, two of our all-pro OL, and eventually playing a guy at left guard who had to introduce himself to the team in the locker room before the game. 

Yeah the Browns beat us- and I hope you lose to the Chiefs.... (Well, I hope the Ratbirds lose to the Bills) BTW- as usual, you're severely overrating the Steeler's talent. The only place Pittsburgh is ahead of us now is at linebacker. And a lot of your "talent" is significantly older. I'll wait to see what the Steelers and Ben are going to do about his $40 million cap hit next year.... You have a bunch of free agents coming up that are wanting to get paid, and you're in cap hell.  

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Gently said the Steelers fan who posts on a Browns board.

I've explained why I'm here and have been here for a long time. I went to college in ohio, I joined the board because I wanted info/ammo to debate with my college friends and I stuck around. I don't need to be here. I don't really talk shit. Where exactly is your problem?