THE BROWNS BOARD

***WILDCARD: Browns AT Steelers Gameday Thread***

Nero

January 10th, 2021. 

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 

Weather forecast expects 35ºF (2ºC, 275ºK, 465ºR, some people have weird fetichisms here). A very cloudy sky, but with a 0% chance of precipitation and calm winds. 

Perfect weather, if you ask me, considering this is January Football. 

And January Football forges a question inside the heart of many players, coaches and fans all around the US - and the World, if you see this humble's writer location. A question that every single American Football fan has asked at least once in a lifetime. A question that by the time this game starts, only 8 teams will be able to ask themselves.

A question that I ask you, fellow Browns fans: 

Why not us? 

Is it because we have a Front Office that has seen GMs come and go, each one adding a regretful name to an endless list of QB players on a Browns jersey? Is it because Cleveland is one of the two teams that has gone winless an entire season? Is it because the only player that the Browns have had in the Pro Bowl for years was Joe Thomas? Is it because we can only cherish about past times, where Paul Brown would coach this team to victory, Otto Graham lead legendary cast, and Jim Brown run through his rivals? 

I tell you. Paul Brown and Otto Graham are dead, and Jim Brown is in a wheelchair. 

But the question remains the same: 

Why not us? 

We have a promising Front Office, a thoughtful staff that coaches this team to its strengths, a QB that tear his body if it means leading this team to victory. We can't replicate Jim Brown, but we have the best pair of running backs in the NFL with Nick 'Silent Killer' Chubb and hometown Kareem Hunt. Myles Garrett and Joel Bitonio proving they are the solid Pro Bowlers once Joe Thomas once was. Hometown Denzel Ward is making sure we know his name. 

In front of us, the team which has crushed our hopes time and time again the last 20 years. A team we could scarcely win after resting some key players in the season finale. 

But make no mistakes. History will not take the field this Sunday Night. Even last week's game is in the past, and any given Sunday, History can be written. And History is best written in January. 

So I ask you, one last time, dear Browns fans: 

WHY NOT US?

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Nero said:

January 10th, 2021. 

Weather forecast expects 35ºF (2ºC, 275ºK, 465ºR, some people have weird fetichisms here). A very cloudy sky, but with a 0% chance of precipitation and calm winds. 

And January Football forges a question inside the heart of many players, coaches and fans all around the US - and the World, if you see this humble's writer location. A question that every single American Football fan has made at least once in a lifetime. A question that by the time this game starts, only 8 teams will be able to make themselves.

A question that I make you, fellow Browns fans: 

Why not us? 

Is it because we have a Front Office that has seen GMs come and go, each one adding a regretful name to an endless list of QB players on a Browns jersey? Is it because Cleveland is one of the two teams that has gone winless an entire season? Is it because the only player that the Browns have had in the Pro Bowl for years was Joe Thomas? Is it because we can only cherish about past times, where Paul Brown would coach this team to victory, Otto Graham lead legendary cast, and Jim Brown run through his rivals? 

I tell you. Paul Brown and Otto Graham are dead, and Jim Brown is on a wheelchair. 

Why not us? 

We have a promising Front Office, a thoughtful staff that coaches this team to its strengths, a QB that tear his body if it means leading this team to victory. We can't replicate Jim Brown, but we have the best pair of running backs in the NFL with Nick 'Silent Killer' Chubb and hometown Kareem Hunt. Myles Garrett and Joel Bitonio proving they are the solid Pro Bowlers once Joe Thomas once was. Hometown Denzel Ward is making sure we know his name. 

In front of us, the team which has crushed our hopes time and time again the last 20 years. A team we could scarcely win after resting some key players in the season finale. 

But make no mistakes. History will not take the field this Sunday Night. Even last week's game is in the past, and any given Sunday, History can be written. And History is best written in January. 

WHY NOT US?

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew you were the man for the job!

If you pancake-eating motherfuckers aren't excited for this one, you are on the wrong forum.

Steeler Week III ... The Wrath of Myles ... This one is for all the marbles!

HERE WE GO, BROWNIES, HERE WE GO!!!!

Zombo

--So anything under 300 Kelvin I need a sweater?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

W 00 F!   W 👀 F !               9d22357c1856db1ad8354c0f62b5b2f4.jpg             bf0fe83024964340db44a468b1b42660.jpg   Teller ! It's your time...

Spit at a Juice Landry? Tomlin can't shut a JuJu?  Losing a play calling head coach weighs no more than Pitt playing the Ravens with no Lamar? 

Expect a crazed pack of Dawgs to show up in Heinz tonight       fa367cb6a5d21ecd785bf9d07cacef26.jpg     GO BROWNS !!

The return of the meaningful Cleveland BROWNS vs pittsburgh steelers games !

Now it's time for the new BROWNS to step up and leave it on the field.

GO BROWNS, you're in the playoffs time to move on......baby !   :D

7WDAQL7XYJERJJS4CQON7UFHXQ.JPG

YA5LNXJK5NHJ3EJZSYQURYT46A.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

January 10th, 2021. 

And January Football forges a question inside the heart of many players, coaches and fans all around the US - and the World, if you see this humble's writer location. A question that every single American Football fan has made at least once in a lifetime. A question that by the time this game starts, only 8 teams will be able to make themselves.

A question that I make you, fellow Browns fans: 

Why not us? 

I tell you. Paul Brown and Otto Graham are dead, and Jim Brown is on a wheelchair. 

Why not us? 

WHY NOT US?

I’m listening.

Where is this brick wall we run through tonight?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m listening.

Where is this brick wall we run through tonight?

In our minds. Anything is possible in a Football field. 

First (because he's requested feedback)... Nero...

• you ask a question, not make them, and
  • we say a person is in a wheelchair, not on one... even though we sit on chairs, sofas.

I know the latter makes no sense, but...

That obligation having been discharged...

Great thread start!

WOOF WOOF!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

First (because he's requested feedback)... Nero...

• you ask a question, not make them, and
  • we say a person is in a wheelchair, not on one... even though we sit on chairs, sofas.

I know the latter makes no sense, but...

That obligation having been discharged...

Great thread start!

WOOF WOOF!

Dully corrected (right?). English prepositions are hard for Spanish speaking people since most "in, on, at, upon..." are simply "en" in Spanish. 

Is it because we have a Front Office that has seen GMs come and go, each one adding a regretful name to an endless list of QB players on a Browns jersey? Is it because Cleveland is one of the two teams that has gone winless an entire season?

A couple of things:  Many teams in history have gone winless in a season going back ......but only 2 have done it during a 16 game season.  e.g. Tampa Bay went 0-14 in 1976. 

Also, the Cleveland Browns are one of only 2 teams in ALL history  to go undefeated and untied in a season.  (1948 Browns,  1972 Dolphins)

There are some teams that went undefeated, but had ties:

1920 Pros   8-0-3

1922 Bulldogs  10-0-2

1923 Bulldogs  11-0-1

1929 Packers  12-0-1

(all of the above were "Pre-Playoff" titles.   NFL did not conduct title games until 1933. 

The following teams went undefeated during the regular season, but lost the title game:

1939 Bears  13-0

1942 Bears  11-0

2007 Patriots  16-0

2 hours ago, Nero said:

English prepositions are hard for Spanish speaking people since most "in, on, at, upon..." are simply "en" in Spanish. 

English? ? what comes out of my laptop has no boarders 🤓

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

While everyone is waiting, the Ravens are down by 10 and can't move the ball on offense.

you posted this right as the ravens started to move the ball Ya jinxed the titans man

Made a quick Wal-Mart run earlier...

Wore Browns vest and mask... got a number of well wishes from other shoppers.

Some liked us... but more hated the Steelers.

I told the latter group, "I know where you can get a tee-shirt." :)

• Upvote 1

^ Masked singer?

I loved the Browns fans promo NBC ran a couple times during last nite's game...

The last shot of the woman in the decorated hat with the "Steelers Suck" button on the back was the perfect punctuation mark to it.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

^ Masked singer?

I loved the Browns fans promo NBC ran a couple times during last nite's game...

The last shot of the woman in the decorated hat with the "Steelers Suck" button on the back was the perfect punctuation mark to it.

skip to 1:11 in the video for relevant portion

Or we can just use this: