THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Carousel

Tour2ma

I have seen coaching changes posted here and there... thought might want to collect them somewhere. Never know when one will end up on staff here as an upgrade or due to vacancy.

Also who is interviewing whom...

Can also post FO changes here...

Today's changes...

• Marrone out at JAX
  • Lynn out at LAC.
  • Elway out as DNV GM... moving him to an "elevated" postion... but one with no personnel decision making.

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I have seen coaching changes posted here and there... thought might want to collect them somewhere. Never know when one will end up on staff here as an upgrade or due to vacancy.

Today's changes...

• Marrone out at JAX
  • Lynn out at LAC.
  • Elway out as DNV GM... moving him to an "elevated" postion... but one with no personnel decision making.

- Expected 

- Not a fan

- Keeps the image of Elway in good graces, but admits he really can't evaluate talent.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Today's changes...

• Marrone out at JAX
  • Lynn out at LAC.

The Chargers have a talented roster and Jax has the top pick.   Those are pretty decent jobs IMO.  

Lynn was quite possibly the worst game day head coach I have ever seen..... and I'm a Browns fan.

That roster is ready to win now and with any competent head coach, they are going to be a problem for years to come.

59 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So they're going to get a decent QB soon? 

It has taken them, what, 4 years to make the decision? 

Eric "Sleeping With"  Bienemy  is the primary hot candidate.  

Robert Saleh.....who may have been runnerup to  Stefanski here last year is another hot guy.

As is Brian Daboll.....Buffalo OC    (and didn't he do that here, and we hated him?)

And then the Urban Meyers to JAX  rumors.  

Who else? 

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

Lynn was quite possibly the worst game day head coach I have ever seen..... and I'm a Browns fan.

That roster is ready to win now and with any competent head coach, they are going to be a problem for years to come.

Totally agree, Herbert looks really special and you can’t afford to waste that 

Deserved! ^^^    I'm taking the next few years off of searching anything but upgraded players :lol:.. buT

Jim Caldwell / Colts DC Matt Eberflus / Saints TE coach Dan Campbell// Jack Del Rio has coached up a good Washington defense may even get a look.. I could see all these, as coaching candidates again..

like what I've seen in Atlanta since Raheem Morris took over. It might have mattered if it had happened sooner? I think R.Morris stays put.. 

Sleeping with Bienemy, I've had sleeping with Deshawn Watson & Houston since Bill O'Brain got out the parking lot in Houston.. Feels like a good offense that Watson would be unstoppable in.. I even think Dorsey left the draft cupboard fairly bare as he left KC ? So that won't scare Bienemy off either in Houston..

Enjoy ! ! the ride you lucky Losers !! 

49ers' DC, Robert Saleh, may be the hottest name out there. SF is already receiving requests for permission to interview him.

HOU may be the worst job... no draft picks... negative cap space... lots of holes... but WSH can't be far behind due to Snyder.

4 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Lions are interviewing Bengals former HC Marvin Lewis.

Jacksonville is scheduling an interview with Browns former GM Ray Farmer. 😂😂😂

Image🤣 😂 🤣

• Haha 4

Pederson out at Philly... https://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/30952/what-doug-pederson-firing-means-for-philadelphia-eagles-carson-wentz

Got the dreaded owner endorsement days ago. Rumors are that Wentz wanted out because of Pederson and that Iggles are apparently talking to Lincoln Riley.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/12/report-eagles-have-contacted-lincoln-riley/

All the latest here... https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-head-coach-tracker-latest-news-rumors-vacancies-2021/

I skimmed the article and not seeing any big-surprise names other than Riley's above.

Only point against Lynn's removal is his amazing [unexpected, nearly implausible] coach-up of Herbert.  He does deserve credit for eliminating Herbert question marks that showed every yr at Oregon.  Going to have to ensure they select a coach who's also good for their QB next season.. lack of continuity is a consideration/expectation.

Houston Texans hire Nick Caserio

Longtime Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio has been hired as the new general manager of the Houston Texans. Caserio was with the Patriots for 20 years, which included six Super Bowl victories and nine appearances.

Of course,  DeShaun Watson is pissed because he wasn't consulted on who the new GM of the DATs would be. 

What I don't understand is why he thinks the team is obligated to consult him?  Sure, he is their primary player, but nothing in any contract anywhere gives him say so over the choice of a position on that team wherein he would have little if any interaction.  Its not like the HC.  Now, I understand that he does have a right to bitch about O'Brien who traded  Hopkins away...but Caserio has been a respected NFL player personnel man for like  4 times longer than Watson has even been in the league. The only thing I can envision is that Watson wanted to demand that the team hire a black man for the job.  Sorry....but Caserio seems to me that he would be one of the Top 5 guys to be considered by any team. 

Here are all the guys that the Texans did interview:

• Matt Bazirgan, Texans director of player personnel -- completed (more)
  • Nick Caserio, Patriots director of player personnel -- hired (more)
  • Scott Cohen, Ravens director of football research -- requested
  • Omar Khan, Steelers VP of football and business administration -- completed
  • Trent Kirchner, Seahawks VP of player personnel -- completed (per team)
  • Louis Riddick, ESPN analyst and former Eagles director of pro personnel -- completed (more)

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Wasn't he part of the Derek Anderson 10-6 season?

Not sure.  I thought he was here after that. 

In checking....no, he was here after that.  in 2007 he was with the Jets....in 2009 and 2010 the Browns were  5-11 both years. :

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Wasn't he part of the Derek Anderson 10-6 season?

That Chud back in '07...

Daboll was '09-'10... worked with DA and BQ in '09, and Colt/Seneca/Delhome in 2010.