THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns schedule next year

The Gipper

Browns opponents next year, after things have been decided here.  They play the AFCW and the NFCN  and the 3rd place teams in other AFC divisions:

Some possible opportunities for a decent away tailgate situation.  Away games that fit that in my mind  are  the Chargers game (late in the year?).   Vikings game or Packers game if scheduled mid to late October. Maybe the Chiefs. 

Patriots could also work if timing is right.  I will be in New England the end of Sept.    not a huge way away from Foxboro in Connecticut. 

On 1/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, ATOM said:

why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

Vegas finished  2d in their division...AFCW.  While making the playoffs  Browns still  finished  3rd  in AFCN based on tiebreaker with Ratfuckers who beat us twice...and we will play the 3rd place in AFCW  which is Chargers.    And the third place in the AFCE which is the Pats.

But, hey...its a short drive from Vegas to LA.......well,  half a day's drive at about 270 miles.  You can go from one to the other easily enough. 

18 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Browns opponents next year, after things have been decided here.  They play the 3rd place teams in other AFC divisions: 2021

Some possible opportunities for a decent away tailgate situation.  Away games that fit that in my mind  are  the Chargers game (late in the year?).   Vikings game or Packers game if scheduled mid to late October. Maybe the Chiefs. 

I will say from personal experience- playing the Chiefs in KC is a great experience. Tailgating second to none, and the fans are generally pretty cool. I may shoot for Green Bay too...  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I will say from personal experience- playing the Chiefs in KC is a great experience. Tailgating second to none, and the fans are generally pretty cool. I may shoot for Green Bay too...  

Green Bay would be football mecca for me. 

I have family just over the border in Illinois. According to the Googles it is 161 miles from my cousin's house in Antioch, Illinois to Green Bay. Hmmm.  

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Green Bay would be football mecca for me. 

I have family just over the border in Illinois. According to the Googles it is 161 miles from my cousin's house in Antioch, Illinois to Green Bay. Hmmm.  

My wife is from Wisconsin....and as much as she follows football....which is hardly any at all, she does root for the Packers, except when I force her to root for the Browns. 

Schedule?

The schedule won't be out until May.

Opponents... AFCN draws the AFCW 😮  and the NFCN 😮 / :) and our finishing matchups are vs. AFCE and AFCS with our draw being @Pats and HOU respectively. :)

Going to be a tough road back to 11-5, but with some added pieces and even more returning ones... there's hope.

Speaking of hope... I'm hoping a home game coincides with my Covid-delayed, 50-yr., H.S. reunion in September.

On a brighter note the 1st place Steelers draw BUF and Indy for their matchups. :D

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Schedule?

The schedule won't be out until May.

Opponents... AFCN draws the AFCW 😮  and the NFCN 😮 / :) and our finishing matchups are vs. AFCE and AFCS with our draw being @Pats and HOU respectively. :)

Going to be a tough road back to 11-5, but with some added pieces and even more returning ones... there's hope.

Speaking of hope... I'm hoping a home game coincides with my Covid-delayed, 50-yr., H.S. reunion in September.

On a brighter note the 1st place Steelers draw BUF and Indy for their matchups. :D

Hello,  McFly?  Is Anybody home?   I went over that in the original post.

I was not talking about the specific dates of play but the teams that we will be playing at home and on the road. 

But....here is another kicker:

The NFL  STILL wants to go to a 17 game schedule next year....and apparently they have worked out some formula  wherein  we would apparently play the Arizona Cardinals if it happens.   Something to do with them finishing in the NFCW in 3rd place.     But I have seen nothing on how that formula is calculated or arrived at. 

On 1/3/2021 at 7:42 PM, hoorta said:

By the way Larry.....We made a bet that I lost to you.  And I still owe you a bottle of wine from that. 

I am even trying to remember what the bet was over.   Was it something about the draft?  Do you recall?

If we ever are able to get back together for a tailgate or something I need to pay that bet.   You can tell me what you want if we ever get close to that point. 

On 1/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, ATOM said:

why in the hell are we not going to vegas 

Save all of the Cleveland fans money ?   But it would be a rockin weekend !

I guess you will have to get out the flat top and have a great GAMEDAY party in the beautiful ❤️ NW area.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

GLC?

I'm LEL old school, brah... as in Lake Erie League.

Metro League!

Actually, the Metro League Rides again as  it was reformed as of 2020.   Though, only half of these schools are the same as it was  50 years ago. (Coventry, Norton, Ravenna, Springfield.    Missing are  Ellet, Stow, Tallmadge, Kent Roosevelt). 

Current members[edit]

School Nickname Location County Colors[1] Enrollment[a] Middle school Year joined
Cloverleaf High School Colts Westfield Medina Green, white

675[2] Cloverleaf Middle School 2020
Coventry High School Comets Coventry Summit Blue, gold

666[3] Coventry Middle School 2020
Field High School Falcons Brimfield Portage Red, white, black

497[4] Field Middle School 2020
Norton High School Panthers Norton Summit Red, black, white

872[3] Norton Middle School 2020
Ravenna High School Ravens Ravenna Portage Blue, white, red

592[4] Brown Middle School 2020
Springfield High School Spartans Lakemore Summit Red, gray

693[5] Springfield Junior High School 2020
Streetsboro High School Rockets Streetsboro Portage Blue, gold

616[4] Streetsboro Middle School 2020
Woodridge High School Bulldogs Peninsula Summit Maroon, silver, white

687[3] Woodridge Middle School 2020

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

thanks.  we are moving this gives me cities to suggest to the wife.

I have a good friend since the late 70s who moved to Vegas around 1984 and has never regretted it. He really knows football and is great at making money against the spread. He also reads those racing forms like a gold miner and never leaves a loser after a day of betting the horses. He's especially good at identifying those long shot "mudders" on rainy days at the track. This year though he has stayed away due to his age in mid-70's and a heart condition. Not taking any COVID chances at all.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He's especially good at identifying those long shot "mudders" on rainy days at the track.

So Vegas is perfect?

He needed to move to Seattle... ;)

15 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

lol.  my wife changes her mind daily.  I am looking at early retirement.

Well then, make up her mind for her.  Subtley  of course.    I am also at that point....my wife retires at the end of May. And I have been semi-retired for a couple of years....though I still have my  bi-monthly magistrate job  that I am happy to retain,  so we won't be moving soon, if ever.   Plus,  if we do go elsewhere, that destination may already be at least  75% determined since my daughter and her husband live in San Antonio.   My son's ultimate destination is by no means determined yet, so that is the other  24%.  The other 1% could be my free will....if such a thing exists at all. 

On 1/3/2021 at 7:21 PM, The Gipper said:

My closest game will be...what...Cincinnati?! Jesus this is all bullshit. We played in Jax this year and I was all set to go, but obviously I didn't want to take my dad to a public event (he's old) . Jax is 2 hours away and my best friend lives there. This shit makes me so mad! I really wanted to see my boys play. 😡

On a high note, I could go back to Pittsburgh next year. We haven't beaten them since the night I flew up to Pittsburgh to watch Tim Couch beat their asses. It was magical. 

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

My closest game will be...what...Cincinnati?! Jesus this is all bullshit. We played in Jax this year and I was all set to go, but obviously I didn't want to take my dad to a public event (he's old) . Jax is 2 hours away and my best friend lives there. This shit makes me so mad! I really wanted to see my boys play. 😡

On a high note, I could go back to Pittsburgh next year. We haven't beaten them since the night I flew up to Pittsburgh to watch Tim Couch beat their asses. It was magical. 

You may as well just come up to Cleveland if you would go to Cincinnati.