THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

The AFC North schedule comes to end on Sunday with a double header of doubly important interdivision matchups. Two teams that need to get in to the dance, one team already in licking its wounds and trying to stay sharp, and one team "playing for next year" ... And thank you 2021, for that team is not us!

Nope we have an all important "Win and You're In" game against our biggest rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Well, for a double header, I needed some Double D's, so I went back to see who my guest prognosticator was the last time we beat the Steelers, November 14th, 2019 (The Myles Game) and it was Sofia Vergara, so welcome back the Columbian Milf ...

sofia-vergara-1.gif

So let's give that All New 2021 Crystal Ball a rub and see what spits out ...

Baltimore at Cincinnati  1:00PM, Sunday

Cincinnati has been a little sassy lately, could we be looking at four AFC North Contenders next year when they have their QB back? I think they gaive Baltimore a lot to handle at home, but a John Harbaugh team will survive the scare. RAVENS 23 BUNGLES 20 OT

Pittsburgh at Cleveland  1:00PM, Sunday

These are not the Browns from the last 20 years, folks. Covid is not going to stop them, the Steelers are not going to stop them, you are not going to get embarassed, you are going to watch an excellently-coached team win a game that they need to win to achieve a goal we all want them to achieve. Kevin Stefanski will have them ready, Baker Mayfield will execute, Myle Garrett will kill. BROWNS 24 STEELERS 13

TGZ

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Something just came out about Berea getting shut down again, more possible positive Covid tests.

Man, the Browns did such a good job for most of the season, but it has gotten dicey this last month. 

Yeah, but there's really not a whole lot they can do about it, no matter how much you try to avoid it. Germs are germs.

Guarded optimism here....the Browns bounce back tomorrow and get the W. On to Pittsburgh or Buffalo the following week I believe? Not sure they can get into the 5th seed unless a few things happen.

I just hope some of the BROWNS players aren't getting too high reading their own headlines and acting inappropriately...... you know what I mean.

Might impact the team in a bad way at exactly the wrong time.  Don't screw it up now !

GO BROWNS, keep thinking 11-5 right now......baby !

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Something just came out about Berea getting shut down again, more possible positive Covid tests.

Man, the Browns did such a good job for most of the season, but it has gotten dicey this last month. 

More? The report says "it's a coach". Better not be one of the coordinators or Stef.

Great, let's play the Steelers with no practice.  Sandlot time!!!

Meanwhile back in the AFCN we know what is on the line,  it's playoffs damnit.

In Week 17 there are 3 of 4 teams with playoff implications in the games at 1 pm today.

So what to do ?  Fuckit we know what to do at home in Cleveland Ohio now time to kick it off.

Baltimore   vs X @Cincinnati 11.0 11.5 13.0 13.0 Sun 01/03 01:00 PM -
@Cleveland X vs   Pittsburgh 6.5 7.0 10.0 10.0 Sun 01/03 01:00 PM

GO BROWNS,  just win one beat pittsburgh......baby !

24 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Meanwhile back in the AFCN we know what is on the line,  it's playoffs damnit.

In Week 17 there are 3 of 4 teams with playoff implications in the games at 1 pm today.

So what to do ?  Fuckit we know what to do at home in Cleveland Ohio now time to kick it off.

Baltimore   vs X @Cincinnati 11.0 11.5 13.0 13.0 Sun 01/03 01:00 PM -
@Cleveland X vs   Pittsburgh 6.5 7.0 10.0 10.0 Sun 01/03 01:00 PM

GO BROWNS,  just win one beat pittsburgh......baby !

What to do? Have multiple TV'S available. I'm a Bengals and Bills fan tomorrow.  It would take a great disturbance in The Force for the Colts to lose to the Jags. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

What to do? Have multiple TV'S available. I'm a Bengals and Bills fan tomorrow.  It would take a great disturbance in The Force for the Colts to lose to the Jags. 

Jags HAVE clinched the #1 overall pick.....so maybe in fact they will make an effort....just for pride's sake. 

3 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Yeah, but there's really not a whole lot they can do about it, no matter how much you try to avoid it. Germs are germs.

Guarded optimism here....the Browns bounce back tomorrow and get the W. On to Pittsburgh or Buffalo the following week I believe? Not sure they can get into the 5th seed unless a few things happen.

I agree germs are germs to a point I've been in two different hospitals over the last five weeks with a LOT of covid patents and almost NO spread among nurses, doctors, staff or patients why ?  They set rules to try and prevent spreading the "germs" and none of them have $1++M salaries or budgets to do it.

Why do many NBA, NFL, MLB players get and spread the virus doing things that even we can't or won't do. Note one major exception the NBA playoffs played in a real bubble and zero -0- infections.....very hard to do but it wasn't a bunch of guys going to an after hours club or whatever place.   Many of the worst offenders are the higher paid players.....a lot of headcases in that category, you know the names.

If they're getting $1,000,000+ or 10,000,000+ salaries why can't they stick to the plan for a few months.......like ALL of us do.   That's all.  :)

• Upvote 1

My picks.

Browns over Steelers.   31-21.   I think the Browns would be able to take them if both teams were at full strength.  Neither is....but Browns  should still have their top guys:   Baker/Chubb/Hunt/Landry/Higgins/Garrett...and the DL...  Should be plenty to beat Pitt who is sitting a bunch (if you believe them...I won't until I see the inactive list.)...plus they have their own share of Covid cases sitting out.

Baltimore over  Bengals.    Playoff spot on the line.  Bengals may have been able to sneak up on Pittsburgh, but the Ratfuckers will be ready   28-13.

Gotta find a new girl myself this week.  So, since this is a sports forum I think I need to go with  someone from the sporting world?  Hmm...how about tennis player Jordan Carver. 

Tennis players with big boobs.

6d618c803f64a6a4c0f6f0fa78db2da8.jpg   😋...   ONLY game that matters... Browns 31   fuk your yellow hankies 23   

I hate the steelers.jpg    The gameday shirt choice was made easy ! !  

LETS GO ! !  FINISH !

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/2/2021 at 8:11 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Gets me wondering about the new strain...

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Gets me wondering about the new strain...

Everyone getting together for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve too...

Idiot I work with bragging about how he was having a blowout 30 person NYE party was super cool to deal with last Wednesday, then coming home to Facebook and seeing my buddy's nurse sister-in-law died from Covid the day before. Sigh. 

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

It would take a great disturbance in The Force for the Colts to lose to the Jags. 

Colts staff and management are blacking out the stadium to all info regarding the early results that can render their game moot...

... but you know word is going to leak in as to what the early results were and if the Colts are out of it, that will be your disturbance.

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Everyone getting together for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve too...

Idiot I work with bragging about how he was having a blowout 30 person NYE party was super cool to deal with last Wednesday, then coming home to Facebook and seeing my buddy's nurse sister-in-law died from Covid the day before. Sigh. 

Send that stupid braggart the obituary with a little note about what an idiot he is.

• Upvote 1

Read where the Browns had covid come up because of their trip to NY.

They didn't get clearance to show up at three rivers yellow hankie land til

about an hour ago?

yeesh