THE BROWNS BOARD

Wonder Woman 1984

I liked it ok. I think Gadot does a great job with the role. I liked her male counterpoint guy too and how he played his role. There were definitely elements that l thought weren’t done so well though.

Some spoiler alerts in here. I appreciated the back stories on a few things. The invisible jet. How the lasso works. 

The action sequences were pretty good, but there were a few things that muddled it for me. I mean, is it a lasso or a whip? 

i think my biggest issue is they didn’t do a terribly great job selling the plot as a whole. Like how the bad guy’s power worked for one. At first people gotta touch him. But then a tv signal gets the job done? And they really didn’t sell the relationship between the bad guy and his son at all. Through most of the movie the kid is a hassle to the guy, but then by the end becomes his main motivating factor?

I appreciate period pieces though. The 80s setting had its moments.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Most reviews I've read say the same.  Whoever heard of wonder women talking with an Israeli accent?

I've heard she was a member of theIsraeli Army before she became a big star. Which would puzzle me given the reports of the me to conflict in the last film. And that one I thought was a pretty good film. Seems to me if she was a member of the Israeli Army she would have a set of big girl pants to put on.

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I've heard she was a member of theIsraeli Army before she became a big star. Which would puzzle me given the reports of the me to conflict in the last film. And that one I thought was a pretty good film. Seems to me if she was a member of the Israeli Army she would have a set of big girl pants to put on.

WSS

I thought every Israeli had to do military service? Sort of like South Korea.