THE BROWNS BOARD

This is a "no win" situation for us....

lodilobo

31 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

If we win the game, no matter how close, we will hear..."Big deal....we beat the Squealers' back ups." If we lose....well, "Same old Browns..."

Who cares what we hear. Win a game ... make the playoffs ... been waiting for that for 18 seasons, most of which have been absolutely painful. I will be celebrating like a motherfucker after we win this one!

Z

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, lodilobo said:

If we win the game, no matter how close, we will hear..."Big deal....we beat the Squealers' back ups." If we lose....well, "Same old Browns..."

I don't care either. 

Despite a shaky D, if the Browns get in I think they could win a playoff game or 2. 

Survive the 1st quarter. Attack smartly on O & D. Sounds so simple, but you know how it goes with our favorite team....

Go Browns!!!!

That's all I want is a win to get in. Who cares if the other team is sitting players, we would too if we were in 1st place. If we secure a playoff spot, its a hole new ballgame. The playoffs are a brand new season and the winner moves on, the loser goes home and rest up for next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Disagree. 

Get Healthy.  Play well...play hard.  Win.  Send a message.  I don’t care what their fans say. The fact that they would be talking about us in an important game is a sign we are coming to life and becoming an issue for other teams. 

Win or lose we need to look in the mirror maybe make a tough call with some our staff and definitely improve areas.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Going to the playoffs is a win regardless of how it happens.👍

Especially after we were screwed out an easy win over the Jets who normally would not have been within 10 points of us had we had any of our normal WRs.

Yeah, and 10 years ago when the Browns got screwed out of a playoff spot  because the  Colts rested most of their starters. 

Speaking of- teams that are locked into a playoff spot will probably rest their starters like the Steelers. I doubt Mahomes will play more than a couple of series, if at all. Be interesting to see how the  Bills will play it against the  Dolphins.  

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Not a "no-win"... it's a win-and-in.

I love double negatives...

The playoffs essentially start one week early. Musical chairs.  Four spots for five teams. One group of fans are going to be unhappy.  

MHO if we can't beat the Steelers backups having everything to play for- at home, we don't deserve it.  

If the Browns can get a great draft and fix the secondary, lb situation.... I believe they go to the superbowl.

The Browns have bounced back with wins after losses all year-  I wonder if lilly tomlin will put his starters in if the squealers are getting the worst end of the best game by the Browns - and fall behind by a good bit.

31 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yeah, and 10 years ago when the Browns got screwed out of a playoff spot  because the  Colts rested most of their starters. 

Speaking of- teams that are locked into a playoff spot will probably rest their starters like the Steelers. I doubt Mahomes will play more than a couple of series, if at all. Be interesting to see how the  Bills will play it against the  Dolphins.  

And Kelce will ride the bench for sure according to what I read. So #1 target for maintaining possession is gone from jumpstreet.

19 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:
  1. If the Browns can get a great draft and fix the secondary, lb situation.... I believe they go to the superbowl.
  2. The Browns have bounced back with wins after losses all year-  I wonder if lilly tomlin will put his starters in if the squealers are getting the worst end of the best game by the Browns - and fall behind by a good bit.
  1. Still a couple years away IMO... LB needs are obvious, but we've also seen depth is an issue. Granted the 2020 has been special due to Covid, but hard to go through any season intact.
  2. No way... Once he committed to resting starters, he's already declared the game to be unimportant.. which is what it is. If down 2+ scores would you put your starting QB in knowing our pass rush will be teeing off?

Better question... and hopefully one Stef has to face... is how far up do we have to be to pull our starters? Hey... I can dream can't I?

Last point... Lilly Tomlin? Not your best name dig by a long shot...

Did you at least consider Edith Ann?

49 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Absolutely.

Fan Duel is going to be fun this week.  If you do your homework 

6 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Let me tell you something about the Browns. We haven't been to the playoffs since I had hair and more rubbers in my wallet than credit cards. I don't care if we have to stomp a mud hole into the ass of an all nuns football team and walk that bitch dry...we NEED to go to the effing playoffs. For so many reasons. 

But we HAVE to beat the Steelers...no matter what. No matter WHO is playing or who isn't. 

8 hours ago, lodilobo said:

I think the old "Same old Browns …." is about over. They finally have a coach and a semi-capable QB. With a good draft and productive off season it will be Ravens and Browns battling it out in 2021 and on for the division. The Steelers are on the decline and the Bungles are too far off.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

KC's is the most interesting decision.

If they rest starters this week, then with the 1st-round bye they won't see any live-game action for two weeks. Teams have had issues simply coming off a bye going into the playoffs.

I think I'd give the any starters who are healthy a couple series.