THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns add Harrison Bryant, Andrew Sendejo and Karl Joseph to the COVID-19 reserve list for a total of 9 players

Vambo

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

so.....

last game, squealers -

Ward is out. Sendejo and Joseph are out? Malcome Smith, Taki Taki's backup is out. Taki has an ankle injury, may not be able to play....Phillips and Goodson are out ?

Well, I think the Browns will win anyways - they got their wr's back. If Wills and Teller are back...we're still in the game winning chance.

Joseph will be back on Friday

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2020 at 4:01 PM, Canton Dawg said:

It’s being reported that the Browns are temporarily shutting down the practice facility.

This is being done after a PS squad player & assistant coach tested positive for the coronavirus today.

Wednesday night 12-31 -  We know that the Steelers are resting players -but-. teams can lose games if the covid-19 thing goes too much farther (remember the jet's last week).

I'm kinda surprised that the line opened around CLE -4 and went to -10 now about -9 ...... well maybe not we'll see Sunday at 1 pm.

And now all the lines from our friends at Vegas insider......   https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=856

Screenshot_2020-12-31_211428.jpg

Denzel Ward tests positive for COVID-19; will miss finale and possibly a playoff game as Jarvis Landry, 4 others return

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/12/denzel-ward-tests-positive-for-covid-19-will-miss-finale-and-possibly-a-playoff-game-as-jarvis-landry-4-others-return.html

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I really like Ward, but the kid cannot be depended upon to actually be on the field when you need him. 

Covid is not a physical injury- it's plain bad luck. Tell that to the Dolphins who won't have Fitzpatrick for the same problem. Or the Falcons without Mack. 

7 hours ago, Orion said:

That's easier said than done.  If the Steelers commit to stopping the run, then they will stop the run.  In which case we will have to be able to pass.  We've known for almost all of this season that we're going to have to outscore our opponent......and that THAT might mean scoring every time we get the ball.

As of now, Baker will have his entire compliment of WRs for the game. Stay healthy my friends, stay healthy.  

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Covid is not a physical injury- it's plain bad luck. Tell that to the Dolphins who won't have Fitzpatrick for the same problem. Or the Falcons without Mack. 

As of now, Baker will have his entire compliment of WRs for the game. Stay healthy my friends, stay healthy.  

As long as its Mason, no worries. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Covid is not a physical injury- it's plain bad luck. 

True.

Now Hospital Ward doesn't even have luck on his side.  We need to replace him.

He is a nice player when he plays, but that's the problem, he doesn't play.

43 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

Wow.  He's one of the best corners we've ever had.  If we replace him I bet he winds up playing across from Joe Haden and eliminates one of our receivers.

This game has all the makings of a gigantic cluster chicken. All our players need to stay the EFF home and not see ANYBODY. Put them in an effing hotel and just isolate the shit out of everyone. 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

This game has all the makings of a gigantic cluster chicken. All our players need to stay the EFF home and not see ANYBODY. Put them in an effing hotel and just isolate the shit out of everyone. 

The Browns would find a way to get them into something called Hotel California, a.k.a. Hotel Covid.😱😁

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

These issues are going to be magnified 10 times  when it comes to the playoffs.  What is a Rodgers or Mahomes or Russel Wilson, or maybe Derrick Henry or Aaron Donald etc.....major stars contract it during the playoffs?     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

These issues are going to be magnified 10 times  when it comes to the playoffs.  What is a Rodgers or Mahomes or Russel Wilson, or maybe Derrick Henry or Aaron Donald etc.....major stars contract it during the playoffs?     

I wasn't even letting my mind get to that point. I mean, losing our #1 CB is freaking impactful as hell, but losing a QB totally changes the entire landscape of the game, and when you work all effing season just to get to the playoffs...I don't know...I really don't. I'm hoping the NFL is going to be flexible because I can't imagine the absolute anger I'd feel if the Browns somehow made it to their first playoff game in 17 years only to have Baker Mayfield out sick. 

I'm not sure we're going to win Sunday, but I think we have a pretty good chance. My problem with the Steelers is their scheme, as much as their players. That being said, the Ravens have a somewhat similar scheme and Baker looked much better the second time against them. I hear people giving Mason Rudolph a bunch of shit, but the truth is, we're going to HAVE score points Sunday. Our defense is not going to keep people out of the end zone. It honestly would not surprise me if we got down early again and then stormed back to win. 

Our running game is a bit busted right now. Now, some (or a lot) of this is due to Teller's injury, but that's not the entire story. Teams have been selling out against the run and essentially forcing us to pass. Baker will tear apart inferior defenses, but against better ones it's going to be a struggle. This is where we feel the absence of OBJ the most. We have NOBODY else that can get deep and bust a long one. That means defenses can continue to compress the field with little worry of anything going over the top. 

How did Baker rip up the Ravens? Some of it has to do with Baker just making plays (Higgins TD on 4th was balls out) and some of it was the offensive scheme, but a good portion had to do with using Kareem Hunt out of the backfield. Yes, we get our WRs back (hopefully) Sunday, but Hunt is probably going to be a leader in receptions and total yards. He's a weapon and I'm betting we go to him early and often to take some pressure off Bake. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Tex will tell you a Hotel is usually a bad idea. Though 2nd hand info the NFL thinks most of these cases were picked up outside of the facility. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Har, har. What will they do if a team is minus 4 WRs (the Browns) or minus all their roster QBs (Denver)? The Ratbirds had 1\2 their starters out for a game. Its already happened.  Play on? 

It's a joke of a season Gipper.  :(

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

^ You worry too much...

I am worried with Ward out,  just how many of Pittsburg's top WRs Tomlin is going to  trot out there against a depleted Browns secondary Tour. It could be bad, very bad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I am worried with Ward out,  just how many of Pittsburg's top WRs Tomlin is going to  trot out there against a depleted Browns secondary Tour. It could be bad, very bad.

Obviously I worry, lol. We're in the middle of a global pandemic, our state is totally a hotbed of infection, we've lost multiple starters from our team this month, AND we've had multiple facility shutdowns...this WEEK. He can't say that I'm some sort of irrational crackpot, lol. Oh, and we're playing a team that essentially beats us like 90% of the time. 

Now, I still think we have the better team with Pittsburgh resting their studs, but I'd hate to bet money on it. I think if we score, we win. And I can't wait! 

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Meh. Not much different than all the other big games he has missed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

Yep, durability then availability are not his game. Good kid and good player, but he has proven - in his albeit young career, that he can't be counted on to help the team.  

1 hour ago, hx214 said:

I'd still want a healthy and on the field when available than a next up in his spot.   The BROWNS can't let this one slip away.

GO BROWNS, beat Pittsburg maybe by a lot........baby !! 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

But it won't be...

We've won with offense all year. Won't be any different Sunday. And with Wills and Teller, and NFL-grade WRs back, we'll do so again.

It'll be ball-control and PAP for 3 hours.

Book it!

Take it from me and Alfred E... Life's to short to worry.

So go to your bud's... enjoy the wine and the game.

download.jpg

43 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

download.jpgimage.jpeg.22fad2502887c7a70a682d21a65c68f7.jpeg   I know nothing 🤓... and I'm not sure what NFL Covid season Hoorta has been watching..🤔 I've enjoyed the heck out of this season.. Covid roster'd nor not...

More here than I can Post..(no panic Pete here)

and am back to scouting defense Irish vs Bama..14-7 Bama 

10 hours ago, ballpeen said:

True.

He is a nice player when he plays, but that's the problem, he doesn't play.

He has played in more games through his first 3 years than myles Garrett did. I'm sure glad we didn't decide to let Garrett walk. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The Browns would find a way to get them into something called Hotel California, a.k.a. Hotel Covid.😱😁

camping in a nearby state park would work.

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'd still want a healthy and on the field when available than a next up in his spot.   The BROWNS can't let this one slip away.

GO BROWNS, beat Pittsburg maybe by a lot........baby !! 

Obviously. But he has missed some big games already this year and Mitch and Kevin have started in his stead.

I’m much more worried about the LB’s and OL

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

But it won't be...

We've won with offense all year. Won't be any different Sunday. And with Wills and Teller, and NFL-grade WRs back, we'll do so again.

It'll be ball-control and PAP for 3 hours.

Book it!

Take it from me and Alfred E... Life's to short to worry.

So go to your bud's... enjoy the wine and the game.

download.jpg

I'll tell you about the wines later- but they will be awesome!!!! I'll only feel safe if we're up by 3 scores with 5 minutes left.  :) 

Cleveland Browns facility closed after positive test on coaching staff

Published: Jan 02, 2021 at 09:19 AM
Ahead of a hugely important game Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Cleveland Browns have a positive COVID-19 test within their coaching staff and the club facility has been closed Saturday morning, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo repo

Garafolo reported Sunday's game remains on as scheduled.

The Browns released a statement Saturday morning:

"The Cleveland Browns were informed this morning that a member of their coaching staff has tested positive for COVID-19. The team will continue virtual meetings as the facility is currently closed while contact tracing is conducted. We will consult with league medical professionals on the appropriate next steps."

The positive test and facility closure comes just a day after the team registered no new positive tests after a Thursday in which NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported that linebacker Malcolm Smith and tight end Harrison Bryant tested positive for COVID-19. Cornerback Denzel Ward was also placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Thursday.

Cleveland will play Pittsburgh in Week 17 looking for a victory to clinch a playoff berth.

• Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Mike Daniels, who has started 11 games this season, has tested positive for the coronavirus, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and Garafolo reported Saturday morning. Daniels will miss Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens. Another Bengals player has shown symptoms and the team is working through close-contact protocols. A scheduled team walkthrough has been postponed until later Saturday as the team follows contract tracing.

On 12/29/2020 at 11:42 PM, Orion said:

Early on, Stef told the team that the team that keeps the COVID situation under control could have an advantage.  And he was, of course right.  Apparently though, he should have told the team that, "If you all go off and get COVID, then we're fucked!"  

stupid is as stupid does......

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, hoorta said:

Har, har. What will they do if a team is minus 4 WRs (the Browns) or minus all their roster QBs (Denver)? The Ratbirds had 1\2 their starters out for a game. Its already happened.  Play on? 

It's a joke of a season Gipper.  :(

And let's add the Saints trying to win a game without any running backs- supposedly they're all out after close contact with Kamara.... 

Nothing official as of yet about Joe Haden being out because of covid, but it did show on the NFLN crawl line the Steelers will be looking for a new kicker on Sunday...  Boswell out with some sort of leg injury.  

22 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I know nothing 🤓... and I'm not sure what NFL Covid season Hoorta has been watching..🤔 I've enjoyed the heck out of this season.. Covid roster'd nor not...

More here than I can Post..(no panic Pete here)

and am back to scouting defense Irish vs Bama..14-7 Bama 

Nah Gumby- you may enjoy it, but I have a sense of what's fair. See above, teams missing 1\2 their starters, or no WRs, no QBs, no RBs. IIRC, the Raiders lost a game because they essentially fielded a practice squad OL.  Great football there in search of big time NFL $$$$. NOT!!!!  Sure injuries happen, but not to the extent of a team losing their entire compliment of players at a given position. 

Gipper is right- covid is taking off among NFL teams, not only the Browns being the latest victims...  Just wait until the playoffs when a team is missing three or four key star players. Say like the Saints minus Kamara... There's going to be some big time howling going on... This whole season deserves a big time   *****.