THE BROWNS BOARD

STEELER WEEK..... v2.0 ..... and this one is in 2021!

Tour2ma

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Well this is entertaining. 😂😬

And side note*

Why is Stefanski sending out Garrett? It's fucking dumb. Let the narrative die. The media is going to talk about this ad nauseum now and for me it shows a lack of leadership from Stefanski who has done a pretty solid job up to this point. You can bet your ass the steelers aren't sending out Mason fucking Rudolph. He's still trying to keep his brain in between his ears. 

End rant. Happy New Year fellas, we need a reset. I just don't think we are getting one for another 6 months minimum. 

How can you really be this stupid?   

Why are the Browns  playing Garrett.   Hmm....let me see:    because this is a must win;   because he is now healthy;  because we have a better chance to win with him;  because he is our best defensive player on a team that isn't that great defensively and which is missing a number of other defensive starter;   because it is a must win game.

How can you really be this stupid.

I repeated myself twice because I figured you would be too dumb to figure things out if I only things once. 

Sit? No. He's sending him out as a captain for the coin toss. It's just unnecessary drama for me. 

Maybe I'm being dramatic but with Rudolph starting it felt like an unnecessary thing. 

He is sent out as captain because He IS a defensive captain and has been going out for the coin toss all season when he has played.  

Again, how can you be so dumb as to ask that question?   Why should the Browns give a flying fuck about  Rudolph the Racist Reindeers sensibility. 

Or, maybe he sent Garrett out to tell him  "watch your head"!

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

As far as Tomlin is concerned he handled ab for a looonnnnnnng time before ab became too much for ab. Tomlin is a defensive motivation speaker playing head coach.. He still couldn't tell AB where to lineup at on a play sheet. But could only tell AB to just grab on to Ben's coattail's & ride too.. Again...Which guy was shown the door? 

A lot of you have really out there spin for things you know dick about. Try following along.  🤓...  It's not a Browns fan thing to know dick about anywho....

37 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

First and foremost I meant gipper getting fried being entertaining.

You only wish that were the case. 

I don't give a single shit otherwise about this game.

Yes you do.   If you say that you would not care if the Steelers can keep the Browns out of the playoffs, you are a liar.  Or, you really are NOT a Steeler fan. 

I just hope we get through it healthy.

Don't count on it. 

As far as Tomlin is concerned he handled ab for a looonnnnnnng time before ab became too much for ab. A lot of you have really out there spin for things you know dick about. Try following along. 

No one is following along because no one cares about that situation...except you, clearly. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Why is Stefanski sending out Garrett? It's fucking dumb.

Probably won't be wearing his helmet...

... he'll be carrying it. :)

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

End rant. Happy New Year fellas, we need a reset. I just don't think we are getting one for another 6 months minimum. 

Back at ya, Vag... but sure hope your time estimate is pessimistic.

BTW... what was your original, chosen screen-name?

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Sit? No. He's sending him out as a captain for the coin toss. It's just unnecessary drama for me. 

Maybe I'm being dramatic but with Rudolph starting it felt like an unnecessary thing. 

Are you aware Stef has been rotating the Captaincy all season?

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Seems like a smart move by Stefanski. I figure all involved in the coin toss will be respectful and comported. And it doesn’t hurt to give Rudolph a little reminder of what Garrett’s hands feels like when they shake, yeah?

More in my mind that by making MG Captain Stef expects him to both ball out and stay in control of his emotions.

I've no doubt MG would have anyway, but the added responsibility can't hurt.

Also have no doubt that PTG is likely to try to bait MG before, during and after plays.

A block? Cool cal. Great take. 

A blindside on the opposing QB is not just a "block".

I'm concerned about our RG position.  Teller is still listed as questionable.  And he was limited in practices.  If he has to come out of the game because he's actually not well enough to play, with Hubbard on IR and Nick Harris out with a knee, who's going to come in?  -  We need Teller's high ankles taped up really well.  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

A blindside on the opposing QB is not just a "block".

There is a difference between dirty hits and football hits.  He was going to tackle Antonio Brown, shit happens. I also know there is a fine line but if you are going in to make a tackle just as if you are a qb and you decide to tuck the ball and run you are subject to football type plays.  Your comment is in the "pussification of the game" category.  

More in my mind that by making MG Captain Stef expects him to both ball out and stay in control of his emotions.

I've no doubt MG would have anyway, but the added responsibility can't hurt.

Also have no doubt that PTG is likely to try to bait MG before, during and after plays.

No one is going to try and "bait" Myles Garrett.  You are normally pretty level headed, get a grip.  Why would anyone want to bait that? for what gain? to help ruin someones career? 

Look i know you all have had your ass throttled by the steelers for most of your lives, i'm also not saying this to come across any type of way.  The Steelers aren't run that way and if the Browns had been more competitive you wouldn't focus in on hits or plays like this to the degree some of you do now.  It's football, not freeze tag. 

Back at ya, Vag... but sure hope your time estimate is pessimistic.

BTW... what was your original, chosen screen-name?

We aren't going to be beyond this in 6 months.  I see the stupidity every single day as a business owner really linked into my community. My original screen name was snatch98.

Are you aware Stef has been rotating the Captaincy all season?

sorry for all the quotes, i didn't want to read this entire thread.  Yes I'm aware, i find it amusing he waited to send out Garrett for this one.  I don't anticipate anything happening, AT ALL.  However if he is "over it" and just wants to be "beyond it" like he claims he should have trotted out Garrett in a different game, especially not one where Rudolph is starting. I'm surprised Mr. Pants Shitter Colin Cowherd isn't already talking about it on his "high porch" 

5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No one is going to try and "bait" Myles Garrett.  You are normally pretty level headed, get a grip.  Why would anyone want to bait that? for what gain? to help ruin someones career? 

I'm not talking about goading him into ripping off their helmet, etc.

But to put, as you said, one of our "best players" off his game? Of course they will.

Give me a little credit...

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

My original screen name was snatch98

lmao...

So the one bestowed by Z isn't all that different. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm not talking about goading him into ripping off their helmet, etc.

But to put, as you said, one of our "best players" off his game? Of course they will.

Give me a little credit...

I don't think anyone on the Steelers give a single shit about Myles Garrett anymore. 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

lmao...

So the one bestowed by Z isn't all that different. ;)

At the time I used that screen name on another message board.  I just reused it here but Snatch is from the movie and 98 was for my Mustang which i still own but it's in storage.  He or whomever changed my name didn't change it from that but instead the name i used after when i couldnt figure out my login for snatch.  I posted under Rorbotron which then became Vagitron.  I couldn't give a single shit what my name is here other than the fact that it labels me as a troll, something i don't do.  Here we are.....

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think Myles Garrett give a shit about anyone on the Steelers anymore. 

What's your point gipper? do you have a point? or are we just going to talk in circles again? You are gonna get a timeout if you aren't careful. 

Friday Practice Reports are up.

Big news for us includes Harrison's upgrade and Landry's return.

image.thumb.png.d9b5b0001b80e0f1629687dea534f19c.png

Only one new name for PTG as Johnson got the day off. Expect him to play.

After practicing Thur Heyward rested Fri. Could be a coin flip Sunday, but I still think he'll sit.

Watt and Pouncey continue to be heading to te bench Sunday.

image.thumb.png.27dd317fee79ffdac42bfec7f4c9e30a.png

vag loves to dish it out, but he can't take it - typical dishonest squealer squid sombeitch.

so, Clemson had a player kicked out of the game for targeting, and he's done it before.

I figured right then, his name was Skalski.

Clemson LB James Skalski was ejected from CFP game, and ...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/01/clemson-lb-james...

15 hours ago · Clemson's James Skalski delivered a brutal hit to Ohio State QB Justin Fields. ... the star linebacker was kicked out of the game for targeting. ... #3 Ohio State vs. #2 Clemson live stream, TV

right then and there, I said "yep. The squealers will draft him - that is what they do" That's how they got  troy pollywannacheapshotyou, etc....drafted em because that is what they showed in college. In James Harrison';s case, he was in trouble in high school bad enough he didn't get a scholarship anywhere. So, he went with Kent State, with no scholarship there either ..at least when he got there... He was a walk on. But.. he didn't get drafted into the NFL, either. UDFA. But cheapshots made him famous, it is the steeler way. Like Hines Ward - they had to make a "Hines Ward rule" to make  blind side cheapshots illegal. It's the squealer way.

NOTE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hines_Ward

In a Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players in 2009, he was voted the "dirtiest player in the NFL."[24]

etc etc.

Squealer Week. The squealers coaches teach this - they think it's "their kind of football" - here is a pittsbooger squealer training camp video: (video taken during a drought - the three rivers were way, way down)

11 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

vag loves to dish it out, but he can't take it - typical dishonest squealer squid sombeitch.

so, Clemson had a player kicked out of the game for targeting, and he's done it before.

I figured right then, his name was Skalski.

Clemson LB James Skalski was ejected from CFP game, and ...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/01/clemson-lb-james...

15 hours ago · Clemson's James Skalski delivered a brutal hit to Ohio State QB Justin Fields. ... the star linebacker was kicked out of the game for targeting. ... #3 Ohio State vs. #2 Clemson live stream, TV

right then and there, I said "yep. The squealers will draft him - that is what they do" That's how they got  troy pollywannacheapshotyou, etc....drafted em because that is what they showed in college. In James Harrison';s case, he was in trouble in high school bad enough he didn't get a scholarship anywhere. So, he went with Kent State, with no scholarship there either ..at least when he got there... He was a walk on. But.. he didn't get drafted into the NFL, either. UDFA. But cheapshots made him famous, it is the steeler way. Like Hines Ward - they had to make a "Hines Ward rule" to make  blind side cheapshots illegal. It's the squealer way.

NOTE: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hines_Ward

In a Sports Illustrated poll of NFL players in 2009, he was voted the "dirtiest player in the NFL."[24]

etc etc.

Squealer Week. The squealers coaches teach this - they think it's "their kind of football" - here is a pittsbooger squealer training camp video: (video taken during a drought - the three rivers were way, way down)

So do you and gipper just make shit up as you go or what? If I couldn't take your half assed digs do you think I would still be here?  Why do you and Gipper think you bother me? lol

40 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Oh and for the record that targeting call was HORRENDOUSLY bad.  Justin Fields SPUN into that hit which created the situation with the crown of the helmet.  It's a terrible rule that is poorly enforced and now that kid's senior season is tainted even tho Clemson got throttled.  The fact that you are in here trying to label it as dirty is all i need to see on the matter.  The NCAA is a horrid governing body and again the targeting rules need amended.  HORRIBLE CALL!

and for the record my mother in law is a giant OSU fan, most of my extended family went to Ohio State and almost all of them have entire basements dedicated to OSU.  AGAIN HORRIBLE fucking call. 

the replay CLEARLY shows him intentionally lowering and leading with helmet.

PS = it wasn't his first time

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the replay CLEARLY shows him intentionally lowering and leading with helmet.

PS = it wasn't his first time

Cal, when people say stuff like this to me it's obvious they've never played an organized sport at a high level.  Instant replay also changes how things are perceived.  it wasn't a dirty hit, fields spun into it otherwise he's getting hit in his side in a perfectly legal manner.  I guess people think these players should be able to manipulate space and time like they are in the matrix.  It's an absurd implementation of a rule that SHOULD have a discretionary angle to how it's enforced.  It's no different than a roughing the passer in the nfl when a defensive lineman for example is at the QB but he gets ride of the ball while the lineman is in the motion of making a tackle and a flag is thrown. It wasn't a dirty hit, it will never be a dirty hit and that kid shouldn't have been ejected.  Period. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know if it was dirty....but it WAS illegal.  If you lower your head and hit someone with the crown of your helmet...it is "spearing"...or what they are now calling Targeting.  And it didn't matter if Fields spun. He did not spin "into" the hit,  he actually spun away from the hit.  If he had not spun, then he would have been  speared in the  gut or chest instead of the side or back. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Jamie-Skalski-targeting-ejected-video-Justin-Fields-injury-ribs-touchdown-Ohio-State-Clemson-Sugar-Bowl-158268908/

I know why he spun gipper. The spin however created a targeting call that should have never been called.  I don't blame fields for spinning, i do blame the terrible NCAA for how it was enforced and is enforced. 

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Cal, when people say stuff like this to me it's obvious they've never played an organized sport at a high level.  Instant replay also changes how things are perceived.  it wasn't a dirty hit, fields spun into it otherwise he's getting hit in his side in a perfectly legal manner.  I guess people think these players should be able to manipulate space and time like they are in the matrix.  It's an absurd implementation of a rule that SHOULD have a discretionary angle to how it's enforced.  It's no different than a roughing the passer in the nfl when a defensive lineman for example is at the QB but he gets ride of the ball while the lineman is in the motion of making a tackle and a flag is thrown. It wasn't a dirty hit, it will never be a dirty hit and that kid shouldn't have been ejected.  Period. 

oh, bs. It WAS a dangerous hit, and those are AGAINST the rules, and it calls for an immediate ejection.

It doesn't matter that you played football - in this case, you are completely wrong. He intentionally led with his helmet as a weapon. That is wrong no matter what team did it.

Did you lose money on a clemson would win bet or what?