THE BROWNS BOARD

LT Wills out with Illness

Zombo

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, I'm officially a little bit worried about this one. 

I know man. I previously talked myself into everything being OK, but I don't think we'll be able to run it and we're going to have difficulty on 3rd and longs. What really concerns me is our defense. We struggle to get off the field and the Jets were good last week at maintaining possession and keeping the rock. We basically need Myles Garrett to save our asses. 

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Said it another thread...

Even with a half-dozen, O-side players shelved, it's Goodson that I think we will miss the most this week.

reading that just now - yep - you nailed that one.

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Said it another thread...

Even with a half-dozen, O-side players shelved, it's Goodson that I think we will miss the most this week.

If that's true, we're REALLY going to miss him in the biggest game we've had in almost 20 years. Here's to hoping. 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

We had like a dozen rush yards at one point deep into the game.  Jets were hunting and teeing off - Two starters out on the Oline looked to me as our true demise.  

it shows that Wills and Teller are outstanding - and hard to simply replace with backups  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

We had like a dozen rush yards at one point deep into the game.  Jets were hunting and teeing off - Two starters out on the Oline looked to me as our true demise.  

One possibility, but have to point out that once we hit a couple intermediate routes to our sub-WRs, the Jets loosened up a little and Chubb/Hunt saw some daylight.

NYJ was simply not worried about the short and intermediate stuff to our TEs... which is all we showed early.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

One possibility, but have to point out that once we hit a couple intermediate routes to our sub-WRs, the Jets loosened up a little and Chubb/Hunt saw some daylight.

NYJ was simply not worried about the short and intermediate stuff to our TEs... which is all we showed early.

The Hooper connection first quarter right down the seam got me thinking alright we are attacking correctly and this will make the backers sink back a little more and the safeties to stop cheating in on run...we hit it perfectly and then didn’t go back to it. 

I didn’t think they really cared about anything downfield.  And assumed we would hit a few shots there- they sold out 60 minutes on stopping the run.  Their heads were in the right spot- Bradley, Hooper and Bryant beat me?  Or Hunt and Chubb? But I think they wore down a tad toward the end and we kind of let them off the hook on that 20-17 possession we had