THE BROWNS BOARD

2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.

tiamat63

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Patrick Jones initial viewing and thoughts.   

"Rough draft" Thoughts.

6'5 260lbs.   That's a first-off-the-bus kind of player.   All the physical gifts are there.  Good arm length, height, weight distribution throughout his body.   Athletic, quick as evidenced in the first step routinely.    Raw...  technically raw.   Bordering somewhere between considerably and very.     I can see why you'd be enamored with him though, his functional play strength is there and when he does win it's based mostly on that strength and athleticism with little contribution from polished technique, most glaring being pad level/center of gravity and feet to hand sync.    This is the earliest game of the 2020 season I could find, so I'm hoping to see improvement with some consistency in games further down the rest of the year.   But the few wins I saw make me curious enough to keep watching, so at least there's that.      But 1st round hype?  That must mean some better tape is coming I would hope. 

I'm looking forward to a late season game view of this guy. Looks like a lot of correctable things with raw talent. A good NFL D coach can fix that stuff quickly. Thanks tia.

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm looking forward to a late season game view of this guy. Looks like a lot of correctable things with raw talent. A good NFL D coach can fix that stuff quickly. Thanks tia.

"Quickly" is a relative term.  My definition of quick sounds like it differs from yours quite a bit.        Obviously I'll have a little more concrete idea on that differential when I watch his late season games.  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm hoping for a Carlos Basham, Jr. breakdown.... 

About as subtle as a chick in a long term relationship saying "damn, this RING sure would look nice"

edit:  another 200 views overnight..  WHO THE EFF IS ACTUALLY READING THIS BEYOND THE BOARD REGULARS?!?!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

edit:  another 200 views overnight..  WHO THE EFF IS ACTUALLY READING THIS BEYOND THE BOARD REGULARS?!?!

tia-afficienados undoubtably among the regular BB lurkers.

9 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

"Quickly" is a relative term.  My definition of quick sounds like it differs from yours quite a bit.        Obviously I'll have a little more concrete idea on that differential when I watch his late season games. 

I'm thinking in terms of seasons, not weeks. Hopefully during the first season depending upon motivation and "smarts". They were able to change Baker's game from one season to the next. That was truly impressive.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Look at (her) breakdown...

Something I forever criticized about or LB play this past season.

Just think what she could do in pads! I foresee a Waterboy scenario... "Mom... that QB just peeped in your daughter's window."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

At this point, I don't even trust the official measurements.

Bullshit Kyler Murray is 5'10.

• Thanks 1

On 2/16/2021 at 9:57 AM, tiamat63 said:

At this point, I don't even trust the official measurements.

Bullshit Kyler Murray is 5'10.

🤣As measured recently on a pond in his back yard in Allen, Tx while playing hockey against neighborhood kids.🏒🤗

Was having a few drinks last night and talking  the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time.  Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Was having a few drinks last night and talking  the Browns backfield will look in a couple years time.  Sure, he isn't a "prospect", but as a young player even a lot of Browns fans have well out-of-mind, I genuinely believe this kid has an NFL future should we break from Chubb and/or Kareem.

Duke Johnson since released.  Would you rather have D'Ernest or Duke? 

7 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Love him.  Does a lot of the little things well.  Ball Security and Blitz pick up.

He has a nice burst too. I think we called him Kamara Lite during the season.  

On 2/28/2021 at 11:12 AM, Unsympathetic said:

5 names I'd never heard before

And in the case of Tamorrion, one you may never hear again... ;)

•  The Missou Safety, Gillispie, and UK LB, Davis, look interesting.
  • Tamorrion is a medical clearance guy... doesn't look fast enough to me.
  • Slot duo, Rodgers and Felton, look dangerous, but "pressable"... at least in Rodgers' case.

Felton looks to have the type of quick-twitch I've been looking for. Like that he's played RB as well as WR... makes a nice punt returner combo.

Plus with a first name like Demetric we should draft him just for our resident Spaniard...

On 3/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, Tour2ma said:

•  The Missou Safety, Gillispie, and UK LB, Davis, look interesting...<<<true this..just watched Gillispie in 2 full games.. Watched 2 of Davis's games after he jumped up on Daniel Jeremiah's 2.0 board.. 

• Slot duo, Rodgers and Felton, look dangerous, but "pressable"... at least in Rodgers' case.

Felton looks to have the type of quick-twitch I've been looking for. Like that he's played RB as well as WR... makes a nice punt returner combo.

Plus with a first name like Demetric we should draft him just for our resident Spaniard...

Your Texas freeze dumping, just missed us by a Virginia state boarder line..Thank You! ☃️.. hope ya done well

You live in Texas.. What do you know about 2 mid/late Texas players?

North Texas St-WR- Jaelon Darden? his highlight reels look smooth & awesome''👀 but full games to view is few..any low comp issues?..Are Toney comparisons legit?

Houston- LB-Grant Stuard? "I maybe to small to play NFL LB? but I'm a special teams god"  he's a fun spark plug guy to watch👀  Did Houston take him off on 3rd down cause he can't cover? 

On 2/16/2021 at 7:39 AM, gumby73 said:

I've kept my eyes on a few days of these.. The debate is "official* 40 times clocking".. Regardless... This is still fast for a Browns scouted twice WR last season... https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/27/rashod-bateman-runs-a-sub-4-4-40-yard-dash-at-exos-combine/?partner=Yahoo

Former WR Brandon Marshall's, 'House of Athletes' combine runs from 3-5-21 thru 3-7-21.. It can be streamed at FoxSports.com .. Glenn Cook is the Browns VP of player personal.      https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/03/03/nfl-combine-2021-scratched-how-evaluate-draft-prospects/6891217002/

check reddit or the twitter verse for most the updates.. 1st Pro day, is set in Kansas starting this Friday 

On 3/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, gumby73 said:

Your Texas freeze dumping, just missed us by a Virginia state boarder line..Thank You! ☃️.. hope ya done well

You live in Texas.. What do you know about 2 mid/late Texas players?

North Texas St-WR- Jaelon Darden? his highlight reels look smooth & awesome''👀 but full games to view is few..any low comp issues?..Are Toney comparisons legit?

Houston- LB-Grant Stuard? "I maybe to small to play NFL LB? but I'm a special teams god"  he's a fun spark plug guy to watch👀  Did Houston take him off on 3rd down cause he can't cover? 

Did just fine here... not in the "Texas Grid"... never lost power. Did have one water line to outdoor faucet freeze, but caught it in time and and the 3rd bucket of warm/hot water thawed it. A neighbor here and in-laws in Houston area were not so lucky.

Don't know Darden, but saw Stuard a couple times this year. He's a high-motor/ effort kid. Give him a straight line to a target with the ball and he'll rack it. Put him in space and his lack of agility shows. In run D he does show a decent football IQ. He'd be a nice UDFA signing/ PS player, but I can't see drafting him

11 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The debate is "official* 40 times clocking"

Always the case with hand-times when the stopwatch is in someone else's hand...

• Upvote 1

The Indiana guy who picked Justin Fields 2x and caused a lot of havoc in that game is Jamar Johnson who got a combine invite.. Although the nfl.com rating suggests he'll be taken day2, when he's inevitably still around in round5 he seems worth a shot.  He's not on WalterFootball's list of prospects.. He's not nobody, he's 2020 first team all-big-10

[When Kollmann in that video says "Who is #22 on indiana, I've gotta look at him" .. that's this guy]

• Upvote 1

The Machine Shop will be open around 1pm EST to finish up the 2nd half of Patrick Jones v Lou.  Might skip forward at that point to a couple games later in the 2020 season to look for signs of improvement. 

After that? Dealers choice.  We could watch Zaven Collins, that kid out of TCU (Moerhig? - spell check)   I think there were a couple requests from locals, just can't recall.    

@TexasAg1969 didn't you want Basham (another spell check) from the U? 

@MLD Woody I believe you wanted Kwity?  

Either way, I have a Sunday to myself. Going to relax and watch some film.   If you don't have the discord info, check back in the thread or feel free to PM.  Not sure what album we'll be listening to yet.