THE BROWNS BOARD

2021 'Who are you watching?' NFL prospect thread.

tiamat63

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

The Browns may have to trade up a bit to have a chance at all three.

I've been thinking more and more about this, I think Berry loves the power of the draft too much to go blockbuster crazy.

So I can't see more than 10 spots or so, and then only if a kid, who we absolutely love, falls to the middle of the round.

More or less what you are saying... I just don't have any names to link to that scenario as yet.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I've been thinking more and more about this, I think Berry loves the power of the draft too much to go blockbuster crazy.

So I can't see more than 10 spots or so, and then only if a kid, who we absolutely love, falls to the middle of the round.

More or less what you are saying... I just don't have any names to link to that scenario as yet.

I usually wait until I research players for the Browns Board mock draft and from FA signings. I learn a lot during those processes about what we need and who looks best where we pick.

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OSU News:

Fields declares for Draft.    So does Trey Sermon.  Also OG Wyatt Davis.  Also DB Shaun Wade.  Also OC Josh Meyers. 

Olave says he is staying at OSU. 

Pretty surprised about Olave.  

Says a lot about the up and coming QBs I guess at OSU.  I would assume he would consider leaving if the next QB didn’t seem to have it.  

You want an early look?   How about this early look:    Top QBs that may be available.....in the 2022  NFL draft:

Sam Howell  North Carolina

Spencer Rattler    Oklahoma......yes....his name is Rattler!!

D'Eriq King  Miami Fla

Kedon Slovis   USC

Brock Purdy   Iowa

Dillon Gabriel  UCF

On 1/19/2021 at 10:29 AM, SdBacker80 said:

Pretty surprised about Olave.  

The 2021 Draft has a pretty strong, Day-1, WR contingent in it. Could make economic sense for him to stay at tOSU one more season.

Surprise to me is Josh Meyers. One more year in Columbus polishing his play could assure him of a 1st Round grade.... the kid is that gifted. Right now in a fairly loaded IOL class he's likely a late, Day 2 pick.

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The 2021 Draft has a pretty strong, Day-1, WR contingent in it. Could make economic sense for him to stay at tOSU one more season.

Surprise to me is Josh Meyers. One more year in Columbus polishing his play could assure him of a 1st Round grade.... the kid is that gifted. Right now in a fairly loaded IOL class he's likely a late, Day 2 pick.

Well....sometimes these guys just want to get going and start making money....even if they could get more later by staying in school.  It may be all about the 2d contract.....the closer you get to that, if you are any good, the sooner you will make the big money.  And not just what you get with the rookie scale. 

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree on Josh Meyers.  He’s Probably a first rounder next season with similar play he had this past year. 

Olave.  More of a calculated risk and many analyst had him at the back end of round 1.  OSU is Breaking a new QB...WRs/RBs always a threat for knee Achilles injuries.  Olave coming back signaled to me that the next QB is ready and the offense will roll again.  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

we have a loaded warehouse of playing G's... We need a late round T gem/ upgrading Hubbard/Lamm/Alex Taylor... That's my senior bowl watching pleasure for this week.. Working against some good DE's this week.. interested to see what's left starting in 4/5th round maybe?

25 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

We need a late round T gem/ upgrading Hubbard/Lamm/Alex Taylor.

There's a Stanford kid who is a bit of a dice roll due to a season-ending knee injury in 2019 and a 2020 opt-out named Walker Little. In spite of the lengthy absence he still might not make it to "late-round" however.

At 6'7 he's a tad taller than I like, but is supposed to have a very polished pass-pro game. Run blocking is where he needs to improve, but mostly on the power side. If he moves well in pass-pro he should have decent ZBS potential.

Re: Owusu from ND.

Watched both Clemson games, Alabama and Florida State.

ND routinely uses him as the WILL who will walk out over a #2 or #3,  set hard edges on weakside runs and also pass rush.

In short, like suspected, a version of Hitman Harry lite.  Not saying he couldn't be a good player, but didn't I just call the same shot last year with Jeremy Chinn? Somebody who plays damn near the same role in the NFL - at the price of a 3rd round pick instead.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

- at the price of a 3rd round pick instead.

It's a specialty role with an admittedly growing demand, but to spend a 1st on one simply does not make sense to this Old School baller...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

It's a specialty role with an admittedly growing demand, but to spend a 1st on one simply does not make sense to this Old School baller...

There are exceptions.  As I had mentioned before - Harrison Smith.  And in a defense such as Woods who I know would love to get back to some of those C3 looks along with our newly found quarters calls, that would be a great luxury to have.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

If you win, Gipper finally has to pay you the $100 he owes you. 😉

Maybe he can hire you to represent him here in Ohio.  Have him give you a Power of Attorney.  

I would be glad to take that into court against you.  

Of course, we would have to go under the English rules:   loser pays the opponents attorney fees.

Any court you want:   Wadsworth Muni, where I live.  Massillon where you are.  Or Barberton in between. 

Or...would you prefer the Doylestown Mayor's Court.   (too bad, no jurisdiction). 

I'm enjoying watching with popcorn the myth of sociopath Jack Easterby come crashing down to earth. He spent his entire life having no skills and faking relationships.

He deceived the Patriots

Maneuvered his way over to the Texans

And if you haven't read the SI article from December about his time to date at Texans.. It's also a good read.

Many at least initially talk about how positive their relationship is with him.. yet if it was so positive, why did he keep burning them? Maybe it [gasp] was not genuine in both directions!

I enjoy seeing fake people get unmasked. Whether or not he actually loses power, of course, is now on Texans owner.. but Easterby is just a machiavellian idiot.

5 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'm enjoying watching with popcorn the myth of sociopath Jack Easterby come crashing down to earth. He spent his entire life having no skills and faking relationships.

He deceived the Patriots

Maneuvered his way over to the Texans

And if you haven't read the SI article from December about his time to date at Texans.. It's also a good read.

Many talk about how positive their relationship is with him.. yet if it was so positive, why did he keep burning them? Maybe it [gasp] was not genuine in both directions!

I enjoy seeing fake people get unmasked. Whether or not he actually loses power, of course, is now on Texans owner.. but Easterby is just a machiavellian idiot.

"I was raised to be charming, not sincere".

47 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKtKjig_zY

Yeah, I'm very intrigued by the idea of Carlos Basham, DE from Wake Forest. 

Like him, but that's not a great Highlight reel. The editor was going for splash plays, but ends up with a collection of coverage sacks and QB flushes into his waiting arms.

Should sprinkle in more of his run D which is his real strength. Then you realize what pressure he can generate with his pass rush is a bonus. However, you just don't see him posting clean beats of OTs because he just doesn't have that burst and bend to threaten OTs wide.

Bull rushes and really good hands? That's his game.

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Like him, but that's not a great Highlight reel. The editor was going for splash plays, but ends up with a collection of coverage sacks and QB flushes into his waiting arms.

Should sprinkle in more of his run D which is his real strength. Then you realize what pressure he can generate with his pass rush is a bonus. However, you just don't see him posting clean beats of OTs because he just doesn't have that burst and bend to threaten OTs wide.

Bull rushes and really good hands? That's his game.

Seems like a guy who would be a good complement to Myles.

Almost similar to a Bradley Chubb? A big, physical DE who might not be a super athlete pass rusher, but can get there through strength and determination. Also, good vs the run.