THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Jaguars Gameday Thread

tinythinker

It's a win and we're 8-3. Entering the game, our defense was short handed and I think did a decent job, this game's victory was dependent on the offense and particularly Baker. Baker was just too inconsistent today, fortunately Chubb saved the day and also agree that the refereeing was awful. First non-losing season since 2007?

9 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

The holding calls on Tretter were particularly jive. I actually felt like l noted a number of not called holding plays from the Jags Oline. I figured the refs were in “let ‘em play” mode.

I kept calling HOLDING on the jags oline, but no call. Then they call Tretter for holding? and I didn't see the freaking holding.

and when the qb ducks his head into a defender's helmet on a sack, I don't think that was a call, either.

obviously, I"m not cut out to have been a ref....

8 and 3 you BETCHA !

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

It's a win and we're 8-3. Entering the game, our defense was short handed and I think did a decent job, this game's victory was dependent on the offense and particularly Baker. Baker was just too inconsistent today, fortunately Chubb saved the day and also agree that the refereeing was awful. First non-losing season since 2007?

19-29   258 yds.   65.5%  2 TDs  -0- Ints.  

If it were not for the 2-3 overthrows early you would be saying :  Outstanding Job Baker. 

So, I will say it:  Outstanding job Baker, especially coming back from a few early setbacks on those overthrows. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, MDDawg said:

Yes Chubb saved the day...again.  Yes, a non losing season.  

Up to the 4th quarter, I just had the feeling that we were going to win the game.  Even though we weren't doing well when we got into scoring position.  And then as the 4th quarter marched on, I was getting that nagging feeling that we were going to lose.  Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb have been saving the games for us.  Glad Nick continued the tradition today.  -  And at the end of the game, just getting the first down and jumping to the ground.  A tremendously smart and unselfish player.  He could've ran for more yardage, but what good could have come from it?  A blind-side hit causing a fumble?  A player throwing a bad block while your extending the play?  No chance!  Because Nick Chubb does the right thing!  God I love that guy.

3 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Dang. Losing to the Browns was apparently the final straw on firing the Jags’ GM. 

Seriously?   Who the hell made that decision?  The stupid owner?  They were in TANK mode....in order to get the top 1-2 QBs next year. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30417751/jacksonville-jaguars-fire-gm-dave-caldwell-10th-straight-loss

Really!  I was like, WHAT?!  That measurement wasn't a first down?!  And the inset pic is what he said.  I'm like, This is freakin' coo-coo!

...and that roughness call on Vernon?  It was a guy making a play to pretty much win the game for his team!  It didn't look overly rough at all.

Mack Wilson - on that play where the RB and his mates moved the pile all the way into the end zone, ol' Mack was right there where he could've helped stop that advance, but he chose to watch.  

Mayfield is missing a ton of easy throws.  We cannot blame this on the rainy, windy Cleveland weather.  

Harrison Bryant fumbled another scoring drive away on us.  Two this year.  

Goodson made a great pass break up around the goal line for us.

Kudos to the great Nick Chubb, Hunt, Landry.

7 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

You can't hit them in the knee either. The hit zone on a qb is literally like strike zone tip of knee cap to the nipples

Yeah- I guess the rule now is just come in and hit 'em with your chest first. Sort of hard to do..... 

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yeah- I guess the rule now is just come in and hit 'em with your chest first. Sort of hard to do..... 

The broadcast's, on-call, retired ref made one comment about the play that that rang true... that Vernon dropped his arms to lead with his helmet. He did. And in the process of making the hit he made no effort to wrap or otherwise make what would be considered a normal, form tackle.

It's a tough life for any D hitting a QB these days, but Vernon did nothing to make it harder for the ref to throw that flag.

PFF grades for Jags game...

Defense:

• DL - Vernon: 82.6.; Malveaux: 62.8; Richardson: 61.0; Clayborn: 57.6; Ogunjobi: 48.7; Taylor: 48.4; Elliott: 39.8.
  • LBs - Smith: 63.1;Lee: 60.0; Wilson: 59.6; Goodson: 58.0; Phillips: 41.4.
  • CBs - Mitchell: 62.0; Stewart: 58.0; Thomas: 50.2; Johnson: 48.7; Jackson: 41.1.
  • Ss - Sendejo: 71.1; Harrison: 61.3; Joseph: 50.4.

Offense: Blacked out by cleveland.com...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

PFF grades for Jags game...

Defense:

• DL - Vernon: 82.6.; Malveaux: 62.8; Richardson: 61.0; Clayborn: 57.6; Ogunjobi: 48.7; Taylor: 48.4; Elliott: 39.8.
  • LBs - Smith: 63.1;Lee: 60.0; Wilson: 59.6; Goodson: 58.0; Phillips: 41.4.
  • CBs - Mitchell: 62.0; Stewart: 58.0; Thomas: 50.2; Johnson: 48.7; Jackson: 41.1.
  • Ss - Sendejo: 71.1; Harrison: 61.3; Joseph: 50.4.

Offense: Blacked out by cleveland.com...

Makes you wonder if we squared off against Mahomes yesterday 

Hats off to Sendejo.  He was in horrible position on that bat away but made a great play and another in the back of the end zone.

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The broadcast's, on-call, retired ref made one comment about the play that that rang true... that Vernon dropped his arms to lead with his helmet. He did. And in the process of making the hit he made no effort to wrap or otherwise make what would be considered a normal, form tackle.

It's a tough life for any D hitting a QB these days, but Vernon did nothing to make it harder for the ref to throw that flag.

I recall the announcer saying that. Saying that he should have made a proper tackle by wrapping him up.

Problem is, and I've seen Myles get called on this at least twice, is when you properly wrap up a QB and tackle him, you can still get nailed with a 15 yard penalty because you landed on him with too much force.

Seriously, I have no idea how you are supposed to sack a QB now. 

On 11/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Orion said:

Yes Chubb saved the day...again.  Yes, a non losing season.  

Up to the 4th quarter, I just had the feeling that we were going to win the game.  Even though we weren't doing well when we got into scoring position.  And then as the 4th quarter marched on, I was getting that nagging feeling that we were going to lose.  Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb have been saving the games for us.  Glad Nick continued the tradition today.  -  And at the end of the game, just getting the first down and jumping to the ground.  A tremendously smart and unselfish player.  He could've ran for more yardage, but what good could have come from it?  A blind-side hit causing a fumble?  A player throwing a bad block while your extending the play?  No chance!  Because Nick Chubb does the right thing!  God I love that guy.

you know something I never got that losing feeling