THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Jaguars Gameday Thread

tinythinker

3 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

There was some legit ref fuckery going on at the end. Some bad spots and some bad penalties. Browns by the grace of god beat the refs and Jacksonville today

played against 12 (🦓/🦄) most the day... offense & defense... Ugly wins count the same.. we'll need better play both sides next week..

a 2nd game view will be digested.. Stef had some weird play-calls too? interested to see what he was seeing👀 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

There was some legit ref fuckery going on at the end. Some bad spots and some bad penalties. Browns by the grace of god beat the refs and Jacksonville today

No one is happy.  You have Jags fans upset getting the calls they got because they want a chance to draft  T. Lawrence. 

10 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

I don't know if you can sum it up and better. You also have to add in mistakes. The ONLY thing that was going to let Jax stay in the game was turnovers. Bryant simply cannot fumble that ball (again). The other mistakes came from Baker and our coach. We had 3rd and inches. How do you not run a sneak there like EVERY other team in the league? To be fair, coach dialed up a play that got Kareem wide open and Baker threw one of the worst passes in the history of the world. Baker literally could have underhand tossed it to Hunt, and instead fired a bullet way behind him. I'm not even sure how it's possible. 

Coach should have kicked a FG there to go up potentially 11. I'm not even sure why he went for it. I mean, I GET why, but that's really the only time I've disagreed with him all year. 

I'm having a difficult time truly evaluating Baker. He had an abundance of magnificent throws today, and that needs to be said first and foremost. He was outstanding on 3rd down and lead our offense to a "puntless" afternoon. He also didn't fumble or throw a pick. In fact, I don't think Baker has thrown a pick in about a month. All of these good things must be said about him. However, Baker yet again made throws today that the most inexperienced player could've easily made. 

On one, Baker missed a wide open Higgins in the end zone by about 5 feet. It wasn't close. Baker waited for his throwing lane, and then at the last second saw a defender raise his arm which caused him to let it loose high. At least, this is my opinion of what happened. When you watch it in real time, you can see that something is not quite right with the delivery. Regardless, Baker effed up yet again at the goal line and it simply CANNOT happen. We lost 4 points there and we sorely needed them at the end. 

The other atrocious pass Baker made was on the aforementioned bullet to Hunt. I don't get it, I really don't. Just throw him the ball. That's all you have to do. I've seen Baker miss Hunt on that same pass 5-6 times this year and it's always the same thing. Baker tosses some rocket directly behind him and Hunt can't catch it. Why is anyone's guess, but it needs to be fixed. 

We won, and ultimately that's all that matters. We didn't force a turnover, we GAVE them one, we suffered through multiple awful calls, and we had nobody on defense capable of making a play. Our tackling and coverage was simply catastrophic. Yet despite ALL of this, we won. 

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I just hope no one drank the kool aid on this defense being worth a shit. I know we’re out some dudes today but that’s a 3rd string QB throwing to wide open dudes who are trailed by two defenders, but are still open by 5+ yards. That’s a big, big yikes.

Yes...this game highlighted the deficiencies in our back 7 defense.  They could barely contain the run, but they made up for it by leaving wide open receivers a lot. 

50 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The holding calls on Tretter were particularly jive. I actually felt like l noted a number of not called holding plays from the Jags Oline. I figured the refs were in “let ‘em play” mode.