THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Browns at Jaguars Gameday Thread

tinythinker

Just heard on Fox's Pregame Show that Denver lobbied the NFL to be allowed to have one of their assistant coaches play QB today, since he played QB in college. (Not sure who?)

The NFL said no, so now they are going to start at QB a practice squad WR who started two games  at QB during his freshman year of college. 

Good times!

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I just hope no one drank the kool aid on this defense being worth a shit. I know we’re out some dudes today but that’s a 3rd string QB throwing to wide open dudes who are trailed by two defenders, but are still open by 5+ yards. That’s a big, big yikes.

6/7 back in coverage not working.  We don’t pick up assignments.  A few guys can’t stick with WRs either.  Need to heat the pocket up.  

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Woods is fine.  The personnel?  Not so much.

He’s had some success in the past.  He did a great job with the Niner Secondary last year.  I haven’t been impressed this year.  Let’s see his adjustments second half.  Gotta do with what you have...keep in mind Jacksonville starting Mike freaking Glennon, a top Olineman out and their best WR out.  

7 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

For sure. I get why he’s running it with dudes being out, but we gotta be more man or at least underneath more in the 2nd half. Glennon beats you with that, so be it.

Agree.  

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't adjust with what you don't have.

Front four not getting there.  Journeyman that wilts under pressure making ham sandwiches surveying the field...Throw a wrinkle. Corner blitz.  Send Joseph instead of watching him try to cover a crosser.  

Maybe their turds are better than our turds.