THE BROWNS BOARD

Clay Matthews HOF Semifinalist

The Gipper

From clevelandbrowns.com:

Clay Matthews is back in a familiar position as the Pro Football Hall Fame gets closer in its process to naming the class of 2021.

For the third straight year and fifth time since 2012, the former Browns linebacker is among the 25 modern-era semifinalists. The initial list of finalists went 130 deep.

The group of 25 will eventually be whittled down to 15 before the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee chooses anywhere from four to eight to be officially enshrined in August 2021.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/clay-matthews-named-a-semifinalist-for-2021-pro-football-hall-of-fame-class

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You know Manning and Woodson will be inducted for sure. The competition is among the other 23 for remaining spots.

Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Manning,  Calvin Johnson for certain. I personally have always felt that Charles Woodson is overrated...but he will probably make it.....unless you are talking about Darren Woodson.  Faneca/Boselli seem like guys that should be in.   John Lynch and Jared Allen as well.   But obviously we believe in Clay.  

Charles Woodson IMO has a much better chance to get in the HOF than Clay Matthews. His resume is pretty damn impressive...

4x First Team All-Pro
4x Second Team All-Pro
9x Pro Bowl
NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2009)
NFL Rookie of the Year (1998)
NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
5th all-time w/ 65 interceptions
Tied 1st all-time w/ 13 defensive touchdowns 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Charles Woodson IMO has a much better chance to get in the HOF than Clay Matthews. His resume is pretty damn impressive...

4x First Team All-Pro
4x Second Team All-Pro
9x Pro Bowl
NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2009)
NFL Rookie of the Year (1998)
NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
5th all-time w/ 65 interceptions
Tied 1st all-time w/ 13 defensive touchdowns 

Maybe he is deserving....but I just don't like the cocksucker.  Fuck him and his HOF chances. 

Here is the thing:   Both he and Antonio Winfield played at about the same time....and seeing them both play....I would take Winfield any day as a DB.   Maybe Woodson was better at special teams, but if I wanted a player to cover a top receiver, it would have been Winfield..NOT Woodson. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

See above.....it is both a personal feeling.....AND it is a fact that I felt Winfield was better at his specific job. 

I guess another thing is that he is another of those kunthole traitors that is from Ohio but went to Michifuck.  He may as well have fought for Al-Qaeda as far as I am concerned.   And have you seen him try to become a football commentator?  He is horrible.  Fired by ESPN.  He really sucks. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Even if it's a "personal" feeling... it's still pretty fucking stupid.   He's one of the best DB's in the last 20 years.

On the USA Today All-Time Best NFL Players regardless of position he is #61. This is a HOF no-brainer pick.