THE BROWNS BOARD

Ravens/Steelers game postponed

The Gipper

On 12/1/2020 at 12:53 AM, Vagitron said:

I'm not about the DVR life with football games, especially now.  I'm too linked in with the team via a bunch of social media channels, the game would get ruined for me so i try to watch them all from kickoff live.  I will be able to make it work wednesday but it's still weird. 

I let the DVR record the first 45-60 minutes of a game before I watch it in order to skip over the commercials and other bullshit. It usually catches up to the live feed late 3rd-early 4th quarter.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll try to dig up the OpEd piece I saw addressing this. Forcing the Ravens to play this game with major playoff implications for them seriously short handed is a joke. 

We'd be screaming to high heaven NO FAIR!! If it was the Browns instead. 

Oh, it's fair.😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll try to dig up the OpEd piece I saw addressing this. Forcing the Ravens to play this game with major playoff implications for them seriously short handed is a joke. 

It may be unfair to the RFs....but it is also not fair to the Squibs who have to be jerked around like this.  Not that the league doesn't already bend over backward for them consistently. 

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

during nightly news last night nbc got blacked out on directv fucking assholes

You must be in a market where Tegna owns the station.  It's a constant battle with big station owners like Tegna and NexStar trying to get max $$$ out of DirecTV and Spectrum. With the result your satellite or cable bill is constantly going up into the stratosphere. My D* bill is up to $160 a month, and my only indulgence is $12 bucks for STO, so I can catch Browns Red Zone and the Cavs games.

Some thoughts.. 1) It's little wonder streaming services are booming, they're way cheaper, if you're not too picky on Channel availability.  

2) DirecTV rant: Not surprised AT&T is trying to sell them off. It's their MO, buy a thriving company and ruin them. I used to own Direct stock,  dumped it the second I got wind AT&T was going to buy them. If they didn't have the exclusive rights to  Sunday ticket, I'd be a former customer. A little factoid- 20% of your  Direct bill goes to  ESPN. 

Regarding your blackout,  for every problem there is a solution. If you're not way out in the boondocks, get an amplified antenna, and plug it directly into your TV. Oh, and Direct doesn't advertise it, but you can request a black box that connects to your receiver via a SATA cable, attach the antenna to that, and program the reciever to recognize local OTA channels.  :) That works with a HR-54 or lower, can't vouch if it's available on the new Genie2s.

42 minutes ago, hoorta said:

You must be in a market where Tegna owns the station.  It's a constant battle with big station owners like Tegna and NexStar trying to get max $$$ out of DirecTV and Spectrum. With the result your satellite or cable bill is constantly going up into the stratosphere. My D* bill is up to $160 a month, and my only indulgence is $12 bucks for STO, so I can catch Browns Red Zone and the Cavs games.

Some thoughts.. 1) It's little wonder streaming services are booming, they're way cheaper, if you're not too picky on Channel availability.  

2) DirecTV rant: Not surprised AT&T is trying to sell them off. It's their MO, buy a thriving company and ruin them. I used to own Direct stock,  dumped it the second I got wind AT&T was going to buy them. If they didn't have the exclusive rights to  Sunday ticket, I'd be a former customer. A little factoid- 20% of your  Direct bill goes to  ESPN. 

Regarding your blackout,  for every problem there is a solution. If you're not way out in the boondocks, get an amplified antenna, and plug it directly into your TV. Oh, and Direct doesn't advertise it, but you can request a black box that connects to your receiver via a SATA cable, attach the antenna to that, and program the reciever to recognize local OTA channels.  :) That works with a HR-54 or lower, can't vouch if it's available on the new Genie2s.

thanks for the heads up AND hell yes i do have a antenna I can use I forgot all about it

and ya it is tegna Basterds

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

there custom service really sucks but if you threaten to cancel they pick right up and in doing so i have gotten the sunday ticket free the past 2 years

lol... but RG3 still has pick 6's to burn.

I see someone else is watching...

What a turd so far. Most of the players look to be into this game as much as I am. **yawn**

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’m glad that Haden hangs onto interceptions at this point in his career and got all the drops out of his system with us. 

Just watched the first half highlights.

Those were two of the worst INT's I've seen in a long time (Outside of Baker's to Fitz)

The more I see Joe Haden play at a competent level (Although Gip could have made that INT), the more I don't like the guy.  Dude was mailing it in the last two years here collecting a paycheck and giving himself concussions and adderall.  When he got burnt in that Cardinals game and fell down and gave himself a concussion....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Just watched the first half highlights.

Those were two of the worst INT's I've seen in a long time (Outside of Baker's to Fitz)

The more I see Joe Haden play at a competent level (Although Gip could have made that INT), the more I don't like the guy.  Dude was mailing it in the last two years here collecting a paycheck and giving himself concussions and adderall.  When he got burnt in that Cardinals game and fell down and gave himself a concussion....

he’s been catching everything past couple years makes me sick. 

I was on a zoom call during the play with the game on my other screen and I said “you have got to be kidding me” thankfully I was on mute but my co-worker told me - you are on mute I couldn’t hear you.  Another knew I was watching the game too said “you are Browns fan why are you watching that trash.”

i said I know.  

every week my group has a comment about the surprising Browns (good comments) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATOM said:

there custom service really sucks but if you threaten to cancel they pick right up and in doing so i have gotten the sunday ticket free the past 2 years

Atom, the reason Direct's customer service sucks big time now- is when AT&T took them over- they fired around 70% of their CSRs. Now they have maroons looking at their computer screens for problem solutions. Did you reboot your receiver? Dumb shit I've already tried.   Fortunately-a few years back I was having  so many technical problems one of the CSRs gave me the direct line to high level tech support. The few guys left who actually are capable of dealing with non-mundane difficulties, and not having to go through some bozo first. # still works too- I had to use it a couple months ago when I wanted to add 4k capability.  :)  

PS- I've heard rumors the long term plan for Direct is eventually to go to a streaming model. Far cheaper outlay than sending up another satellite when one conks out...  Also- though it's been kept pretty quiet- service providers like Spectrum (and others) are supposedly suing Direct and the NFL over the exclusivity contract on Sunday Ticket.  The exclusivity makes no sense- when you can offer that service to way more fans that way. 

While that was a win for the Steelers,  they were wholly unimpressive.  This game should have been a wipeout for them.. given that the Rats were down to their 3rd string QB.  But it came down to the wire, and it took a ref's gift to seal it for them.  The good thing is that it helps us. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Atom, the reason Direct's customer service sucks big time now- is when AT&T took them over- they fired around 70% of their CSRs. Now they have maroons looking at their computer screens for problem solutions. Did you reboot your receiver? Dumb shit I've already tried.   Fortunately-a few years back I was having  so many technical problems one of the CSRs gave me the direct line to high level tech support. The few guys left who actually are capable of dealing with non-mundane difficulties, and not having to go through some bozo first. # still works too- I had to use it a couple months ago when I wanted to add 4k capability.  :)  

PS- I've heard rumors the long term plan for Direct is eventually to go to a streaming model. Far cheaper outlay than sending up another satellite when one conks out...  Also- though it's been kept pretty quiet- service providers like Spectrum (and others) are supposedly suing Direct and the NFL over the exclusivity contract on Sunday Ticket.  The exclusivity makes no sense- when you can offer that service to way more fans that way. 

if they still have the ticket next year make sure to threaten to cancel in the spring so you can get the ticket for free 

Alrighty then! 🤓 Clearly my 65" Browns man cave TV had a issue with me viewing this 💩'fest... All was good just up to 5.5 minutes left to play,,,THAN my TV Screen goes BLACK :o...I could only hear "McSorley scores" I only had volume the rest of the way... Tried to reset the direct tv box..nope..wire checks to tv controller mania,,nuttin,,, finally...the UNPLUG the TV only to Reboot... Yeah!!! the Browns TV curse is OVer... Fixed & Browns game record button is cue'd up...   

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Ravens made that bed and they need to lay in it.  The Steelers got fucked and frankly came out flat today because of it. We also lost bud dupree for the year which sucks even more. The league bent over backwards to reschedule this game and royally fucked any sort of prep routine for the far less infected Pittsburgh steelers.  Playoff implications or not it got pushed three times, it had to get played or the Ravens should have forfeited. My two cents right or wrong. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

While that was a win for the Steelers,  they were wholly unimpressive.  This game should have been a wipeout for them.. given that the Rats were down to their 3rd string QB.  But it came down to the wire, and it took a ref's gift to seal it for them.  The good thing is that it helps us. 

Oh pushing the game three times had nothing to do with the Steelers playing flat right? either way they did suck whole sale ass today in the catching game.  Johnson had several horrible drops, Ebron had a couple too.  It happens.  I'm surprised you even watched that game. 

And how did the refs gift this win? The delay of game miss was corrected soon after with a horrendous call on Heyward with roughing the passer. TJ Watt is also held constantly, CONSTANTLY.  The play where Dupree tore his ACL you can see Watt at the top for example getting absolutely mugged and no flags are flown so please give the "ref gift" bs a rest.  It's the first thing you pull out of your pocket and it's sad. Be better gipper. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Oh pushing the game three times had nothing to do with the Steelers playing flat right?

That's Right....because the Ravens also had the game pushed 3 times as well...and as you pointed out,  they were down about 18-20 players, including down to their third QB. Your team really should have handled them much easier. 

either way they did suck whole sale ass today in the catching game.  Johnson had several horrible drops, Ebron had a couple too.  It happens.  I'm surprised you even watched that game. 

It wasn't even raining, but ye, they were dropping balls left and right. 

And how did the refs gift this win?

Maybe not the whole game, but that last play was no where near a first down. They may have disallowed the Ravens from having a final shot at it. 

The delay of game miss was corrected soon after with a horrendous call on Heyward with roughing the passer.

Well, I did see one roughing the passer that was ridiculous, earlier in the game.  The Steeler defender landed on the QB...though it was not egregious at all IMO.  But I guess that is how they are calling those.  I remember last year that Garrett had a couple of those, and Clay Matthews as well. 

TJ Watt is also held constantly, CONSTANTLY. 

That may just be your piss colored vision.  Then again, maybe you were looking for that, I was not. 

The play where Dupree tore his ACL you can see Watt at the top for example getting absolutely mugged and no flags are flown so please give the "ref gift" bs a rest.  It's the first thing you pull out of your pocket and it's sad. Be better gipper. 

No, because I call it as I see it.  I saw a bad call on that roughing the passer penalty...I saw a bad call on that final spot.

Sorry if you want to be all Trumpian about it and deny the facts. 

12 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yea' it's a official you're a dipshit.  I think i'm done trying to like you. 

Where have you been in your life, dickless?  

YES IT'S TRUE This Man Has No Dick | True Meme on ME.ME

I say that for a Ratfuckers/Spermsuckers game that I root for the meatwagon.  Did I stutter?

Besides....there is never any sympathy for the Browns by your ilk when they are missing players due to injury. 

Did you cry when OBJ got injured, out for the season?  Or Greedy Williams or Grant Delpit?   No.   And I am not crying about Dupree.  

Everybody gets players injured....why should I bemoan that fact when it happens to other teams?

Besides, that was all speculation. I have not heard about his status.  

Edit:  Update....looks like he may have torn ACL...out for season.