THE BROWNS BOARD

Ravens/Steelers game postponed

The Gipper

Heard that the Ravens/Steelers game that was set for Thanksgiving night has been postponed until Sunday.   Apparently 7 Ravens players tested positive,  and those players will not be able to play even on Sunday.  I was looking forward to seeing that game tomorrow.  I was rooting for the meatwagon.....and it appears that the meatwagon made an appearance in a big way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30387413/baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-moved-sunday-positive-tests

An interesting aspect about this is that the game will be played at 1:15 Sunday, and be broadcast on NBC.  Which means that NBC will have a game on at the same time as games on CBS and Fox.  Not sure those networks would be too happy about that. 

Also, that means that there will be NO  NFL game Thanksgiving Night for the first time in many years.   Maybe there will be a big colleg game on. 

If I recall, didn't  like Texas and Texas A&M used to play regularly on Thanksgiving.     I think the best game tomorrow may be like Colorado St. vs. New Mexico...or the sort.

Also, the Friday after Thanksgiving schedule is now  meh,   though apparently Notre Dame is playing  North Carolina, and Texas is playing Iowa St.  

That is nothing like the old days when it was like Oklahoma vs. Nebraska.   Also, I think that the "Hail Flutie" game was the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Saturday does have some college football rivalry games:   The Iron Bowl, Auburn/Alabama. 

If I recall...it used to be Ohio State/Michigan on the Saturday before T=day.   No?

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

If I recall, didn't  like Texas and Texas A&M used to play regularly on Thanksgiving.     I think the best game tomorrow may be like Colorado St. vs. New Mexico...or the sort.

Also, the Friday after Thanksgiving schedule is now  meh,   though apparently Notre Dame is playing  North Carolina, and Texas is playing Iowa St.  

That is nothing like the old days when it was like Oklahoma vs. Nebraska.   Also, I think that the "Hail Flutie" game was the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Saturday does have some college football rivalry games:   The Iron Bowl, Auburn/Alabama. 

If I recall...it used to be Ohio State/Michigan on the Saturday before T=day.   No?

They usually play the weekend before Thanksgiving. But not always. 

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Heard that the Ravens/Steelers game that was set for Thanksgiving night has been postponed until Sunday.   Apparently 7 Ravens players tested positive,  and those players will not be able to play even on Sunday.  I was looking forward to seeing that game tomorrow.  I was rooting for the meatwagon.....and it appears that the meatwagon made an appearance in a big way.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30387413/baltimore-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-moved-sunday-positive-tests

An interesting aspect about this is that the game will be played at 1:15 Sunday, and be broadcast on NBC.  Which means that NBC will have a game on at the same time as games on CBS and Fox.  Not sure those networks would be too happy about that. 

Also, that means that there will be NO  NFL game Thanksgiving Night for the first time in many years.   Maybe there will be a big college game on. 

Cancel that DVR recording.... I was 1\2 expecting it.  LOL, it just pushed hoorta's Thanksgiving dinner into the 8PM time slot.  Prime NY strip, baked potato, and top shelf wine.  :)   When it comes to food, I'm a pretty pretty basic meat & potatoes guy.  

The time switch (at least I hope) won't affect the Browns\Jags broadcast here in Dayton..... 

The Steeler fan forums 💩.. Has gone complete** bat chit crazy mode** on postponing this game from Thanksgiving.. A Ravens medical staff member, is accused* on covering up players Covid cases 🤦‍♂️... QB Lamar Jackson was just added to the Covid-19 list...    https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-tests-positive-for-covid-19 

This Game is still on tap for Sunday at 1:15? Stay Tuned :ph34r:

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The Steeler fan forums 💩.. Has gone complete** bat chit crazy mode** on postponing this game from Thanksgiving.. A Ravens medical staff member, is accused* on covering up players Covid cases 🤦‍♂️... QB Lamar Jackson was just added to the Covid-19 list...    https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-tests-positive-for-covid-19 

Definitely going to play my Steelers Defense in my FFL then. Jackson ruled OUT for the game.

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Definitely going to play my Steelers Defense in my FFL then. Jackson ruled OUT for the game.

tenor.gif.4c95b55041e9ae08e3d308d64d74b33b.gif

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Well....they can whine all they want,  but the fact is, they are going to have a big advantage because of  practically have of the RFs starting lineup being out of action for that game....including  Lamar. 

I mean,  does anyone think the Rats have a chance in that game with  RGIII at QB? 

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well....they can whine all they want,  but the fact is, they are going to have a big advantage because of  practically have of the RFs starting lineup being out of action for that game....including  Lamar. 

I mean,  does anyone think the Rats have a chance in that game with  RGIII at QB? 

So take your shit colored glasses off (Only directed at gipper and not you other fine browns fans)

Im all for the teams being safe, i certainly don't want anyone on the steelers to get it and for it to spread through the team like it is in Baltimore.  As it stands Vance McDonald is coming off it soon and we added three to the covid list recently, one of which is tuitt. (Big blow if he's out)  The Steelers were forced into a early bye week because the titans didn't have their shit together and were breaking protocols.  The Steelers then have their thursday night game moved and what would have been a mini bye to have it moved to Sunday and now Tuesday.  The biggest issue with the players from what i can tell is that teams aren't being held accountable like they should be.  If you have a rampant outbreak you should be fined but more importantly you should lose draft capital.  The niners had to play with a ton of replacement players recently.  I also understand the Ravens would be without a lot of starters, i also get that.  It still doesn't make this situation more palatable and it's not a bunch of whining.  I'd be pissed off to if two games were moved because teams couldn't do that right thing.  THE END.

I think that if a game has to be moved twice, an investigation should see if it was from lack of protocol and if it was, then that team forfeits

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

I think that if a game has to be moved twice, an investigation should see if it was from lack of protocol and if it was, then that team forfeits

I just think some sort of punishment should be handed down.  I'm for a team losing draft capital and if it were the Steelers I'd still be on board.  I own a business in food,  mask compliance and getting people to care about those around them has been a nightmare.  The amount of ignorance out there right now is infuriating.  DO WHAT YOU NEED TO FUCKING DO TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE and if you can't do that the hammer needs to be dropped and dropped hard. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Mrs. Wife just told me that the Ravens game is moved to Tuesday.

yep: fantasy football email alert:

• Ravens/Steelers - Moved to Tuesday, December 1 (remains in Week 12)

Week 13 schedule changes:

• Cowboys/Ravens - Moved to Monday, December 7 (remains in Week 13)

Here’s how we will proceed with transaction/waiver processing and other weekly items following the completion of Week 12. This info will also apply to future weeks that have a Tuesday game added to the schedule.

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

So take your shit colored glasses off (Only directed at gipper and not you other fine browns fans)

Im all for the teams being safe, i certainly don't want anyone on the steelers to get it and for it to spread through the team like it is in Baltimore.  As it stands Vance McDonald is coming off it soon and we added three to the covid list recently, one of which is tuitt. (Big blow if he's out)  The Steelers were forced into a early bye week because the titans didn't have their shit together and were breaking protocols.  The Steelers then have their thursday night game moved and what would have been a mini bye to have it moved to Sunday and now Tuesday.  The biggest issue with the players from what i can tell is that teams aren't being held accountable like they should be.  If you have a rampant outbreak you should be fined but more importantly you should lose draft capital.  The niners had to play with a ton of replacement players recently.  I also understand the Ravens would be without a lot of starters, i also get that.  It still doesn't make this situation more palatable and it's not a bunch of whining.  I'd be pissed off to if two games were moved because teams couldn't do that right thing.  THE END.

Calm down and stop your whining.  There was nothing offensive with what Gip said.

The only shit I see is whatever you have typed. 

I don't know....wtf is it you are trying to say?   Are you really suggesting that the Spermsuckers  would NOT  have a big advantage in this game if RGIII starts for the Ratfucks....and if like half their starting lineup is out.  

I just think some sort of punishment should be handed down.  I'm for a team losing draft capital and if it were the Steelers I'd still be on board.  I own a business in food,  mask compliance and getting people to care about those around them has been a nightmare.  The amount of ignorance out there right now is infuriating.  DO WHAT YOU NEED TO FUCKING DO TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE and if you can't do that the hammer needs to be dropped and dropped hard. 

What more punishment do you want to give the Ravens?  Like I said....they are going to be without their starting QB, and half their starting lineup.  That is the next best thing to granting a forfeit.

Let's put it this way......how embarassing would it be for your Spermsuckers to get beat by RGIII and the Ravens in this game? 

58 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ohio State vs Illinois tomorrow game is cancelled due to Covid concerns.

Fuck me.  This is getting ridiculous.    It is not ridiculous to cancel the game....but it is ridiculous to just havecertain  games picked and chosen to be cancelled.   Notre Dame and North Carolina played today....as did other teams.  

Why shouldn't just the entire college football schedule be cancelled/postponed, whatever? 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I just think some sort of punishment should be handed down.  I'm for a team losing draft capital and if it were the Steelers I'd still be on board.  

Steelers added three guys to their COVID list about nine hours ago. Take a draft pick from them, that is complete bullshit!!

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Fuck me.  This is getting ridiculous.    It is not ridiculous to cancel the game....but it is ridiculous to just have certain  games picked and chosen to be cancelled.   Notre Dame and North Carolina played today....as did other teams.  

Why shouldn't just the entire college football schedule be cancelled/postponed, whatever? 

Or the NFL? Elementary my dear Watson  $$$$$$  Even if they manage to pull off the rest of this season, it deserves one big *

Not that I'll shed any tears for the Steelers or Ravens, but what should have been a mini-bye for both teams turned into a short week....  And the Browns still have to play the seriously infected Ratbirds yet.  

Vaccine won't be generally available in time for the Super $$$ Bowl.  No or minimal fans there- just special I tell ya.  :(  

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Vaccine won't be generally available in time for the Super $$$ Bowl. 

And it'd be wasted on NFL players.

By the time it's approved in Mid-December the second dose of the two-dose requirement for immunization would not be administered until mid-January.

Just put the playoff teams in a bubble.. or bubbles of their own... how ever many teams there are and roll with it.

Rumor has it someone someone offered up a bet that the NFL would be early in the queue. Tell them I'll take a Franklin against that...

On 11/28/2020 at 1:25 AM, hx214 said:

Steelers added three guys to their COVID list about nine hours ago. Take a draft pick from them, that is complete bullshit!!

The difference is the steelers didn't have people blatantly breaking protocol. 

On 11/28/2020 at 12:10 AM, Gorka said:

Calm down and stop your whining.  There was nothing offensive with what Gip said.

So are you new to these exchanges with gipper or? I never get "upset" in the true sense but I do swear a lot. I'm also allowed to whine about people being fucking dumb in a global health crisis. 

On 11/28/2020 at 12:10 AM, Gorka said:

Further more you would be incorrect. The Steelers players are upset because of two moved games both the result of people/teams unable to follow protocols. You then have games moved and with the Ravens a major spreader event. The virus is going to happen but there are obviously things we can do to mitigate it. Soooo implying steeler players are only upset because they can't play a replacement Ravens team is "offensive" 

I want that whole roster on the field before they play. 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think we know that.  They may have broken protocols just as much as any other team's players....and that may be why 3 of them are now on the shelf. 

They haven't broken protocols. The team is very strict about it. Tomlin is on record saying as much. The Ravens broke protocol and suspended someone over it. The qb situation in Denver isn't any different. Driskell had or has it and the qb room was hanging out with him without masks. There are teams taking it seriously and there are teams being cavalier.

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

They haven't broken protocols. The team is very strict about it. Tomlin is on record saying as much. The Ravens broke protocol and suspended someone over it. The qb situation in Denver isn't any different. Driskell had or has it and the qb room was hanging out with him without masks. There are teams taking it seriously and there are teams being cavalier.

So, all those Steelers got the virus....but no protocols were broken.  That is what you are trying to sell?  Every team is strict about it....that does not mean that players don't ignore the restrictions....including some of those Steeler players. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, all those Steelers got the virus....but no protocols were broken.  That is what you are trying to sell?  Every team is strict about it....that does not mean that players don't ignore the restrictions....including some of those Steeler players. 

Vance McDonald is the only confirmed case, maybe tuitt now too. The others were simply direct contact but not positive tests soooo no gipper. They didn't break protocols, certainly not to the degree the Ravens did. Now that game is moved to Wednesday. You should take your ignorant ass and look at the schedule and see how close the next three games are for the steelers. I'm all for safety but this is bs now. 

Edit: and no every team isn't strict about it. The titans were practicing in pads OFF site because their facility got shut down when the steelers/titans game got moved. A coach on the Ravens wasn't wearing a mask at all. The Broncos qb room was hanging out with driskell after he tested positive without masks. You just don't follow along at all with much of anything but talk like you are some sort of authority. Give it a damn rest. You say I'm clueless but God damn you are dense and naive. How much tinfoil do you have on your head right now? 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Vance McDonald is the only confirmed case, maybe tuitt now too. The others were simply direct contact but not positive tests soooo no gipper. They didn't break protocols, certainly not to the degree the Ravens did. Now that game is moved to Wednesday. You should take your ignorant ass and look at the schedule and see how close the next three games are for the steelers. I'm all for safety but this is bs now. 

Now you are just making excuses.  The Steelers have now as many cases as the Ravens practically.  How did that happen? 

(what do you mean about the schedule...except for this abberation, they play a normal schedule the rest of the way....with one MNF game in there)

Edit: and no every team isn't strict about it. The titans were practicing in pads OFF site because their facility got shut down when the steelers/titans game got moved. A coach on the Ravens wasn't wearing a mask at all. The Broncos qb room was hanging out with driskell after he tested positive without masks. You just don't follow along at all with much of anything but talk like you are some sort of authority. Give it a damn rest. You say I'm clueless but God damn you are dense and naive. How much tinfoil do you have on your head right now? 

You are not clueless...you are a liar.  You lie to yourself as much or more than you do to any of us just in order to justify your excuse making. 

Here you go...prove what you say.  Provide the links to your claim that the Steelers are fucking Saints in all this...and that it is all the other team's fault.  

And why the hell should they postpone the game again?   They should make both teams play without all the guys that are out. Fuck giving those two fucktard teams special treatment.