THE BROWNS BOARD

Week 12: CLE @ JAX... On the road again... We're getting on the road again...

Tour2ma

Been a nice stretch at home winning 2 of 3 and moving up in the layoff hunt, but all good things must come to an end.

So time to spin up some Willie, pack our bags and get to know the Jags...

image.png.59750fe477147e9e21950cc48ba9db3a.png

Stat-wise...

Offensively JAX is:

• 27th in total yards (327.0 ypg) and 28th in scoring (20.2 ppg).
  • 28th in rushing (97.3 ypg), but are averaging 4.5 ypc (T-9th).
  • 22nd in passing (229.7 ypg), averaging 6.1 ypa (27th).

Defensively JAX is:

• 30th in total yards (411.3 ypg) and 30th in scoring (29.8 ppg).
  • 24th in rushing (129.1 ypg), allowing 4.3 ypc (T-12th).
  • 29nd in passing (282.2 ypg) Allowing 8.1 ypa (31st).

I DON'T like going to Jax without our two best defensive players. I've seen Jax battle their asses off, and even against Pittsburgh they were hanging tough deep into the 3rd. I'm not going so far as to predict a loss, but this has all the makings of being a real headache. 

That being said, this GOOD weather really favors us this weekend. Jax is literally without 4 of their 5 starting DBs, and at least one of the backups is out. They will be starting an undrafted DB with zero experience, and they are playing a 6th rounder with like 20 snaps. Jax is also without their top pass rusher AND they are last in the league in sacks and total pressures. 

The last game me and others said we wouldn't be able to run the ball and the pass would largely have to carry us until late. That's exactly what happened, and that's exactly what will happen Sunday. Obviously we're still going to run the ball, but watch out for more empty sets with the quick strike passing game playing a large role in the attack. Why? Because Jax is severely underpowered and they are going to load the box and see if Baker can beat them. It's the smart play, but they don't have the horses in the secondary to stop us. Jarvis has not been a large factor this year, but look for him to make a gigantic statement Sunday. I'm thinking 120 yards and 2 tds. Book it. 

The other WR who will have a chance at scoring is Hodge. I've been saying for weeks now that Hodge will catch a TD, but the weather hasn't permitted the down field attack. That will change Sunday. Stefanski's offense is predicated on running the ball and taking chunk shots down the field. We haven't been able to do this AS MUCH, but you did get to see it a bit against the Eagles. Both Hodge and Higgins caught 40 yarders, and that's in the rain. They were also wide open, which is what Stefanski is good at. There will be 1-2 deep shots to Hodge Sunday...but can we hit them? 

We'll be up 17-7 at the half, and then Chubb and Hunt say it's time to go home, and the PAIN arrives. Stuff it down their throat, kill the clock, fly home. 

Browns - 31

Jags - 17

(BTW, I totally nailed the Eagles prediction and I'm 8-2 on the season. I was wrong about the Raiders game and one other one that escapee me. Bottom line? You can trust the Jiggins) 

😁😁😁

Mike Glennon, a/k/a Icabod Crane, named Jags starter...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-name-mike-glennon-starting-quarterback-vs-browns-pass-on-jake-luton-and-gardner-minshew/

One thing we know about Mike... pressure him and he'll fold like a cheap suit (maybe the weirdest idiom there is).

I'm laughing now...

... hope I am Sunday as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I DON'T like going to Jax without our two best defensive players. I've seen Jax battle their asses off, and even against Pittsburgh they were hanging tough deep into the 3rd. I'm not going so far as to predict a loss, but this has all the makings of being a real headache. 

That being said, this GOOD weather really favors us this weekend. Jax is literally without 4 of their 5 starting DBs, and at least one of the backups is out. They will be starting an undrafted DB with zero experience, and they are playing a 6th rounder with like 20 snaps. Jax is also without their top pass rusher AND they are last in the league in sacks and total pressures. 

The last game me and others said we wouldn't be able to run the ball and the pass would largely have to carry us until late. That's exactly what happened, and that's exactly what will happen Sunday. Obviously we're still going to run the ball, but watch out for more empty sets with the quick strike passing game playing a large role in the attack. Why? Because Jax is severely underpowered and they are going to load the box and see if Baker can beat them. It's the smart play, but they don't have the horses in the secondary to stop us. Jarvis has not been a large factor this year, but look for him to make a gigantic statement Sunday. I'm thinking 120 yards and 2 tds. Book it. 

The other WR who will have a chance at scoring is Hodge. I've been saying for weeks now that Hodge will catch a TD, but the weather hasn't permitted the down field attack. That will change Sunday. Stefanski's offense is predicated on running the ball and taking chunk shots down the field. We haven't been able to do this AS MUCH, but you did get to see it a bit against the Eagles. Both Hodge and Higgins caught 40 yarders, and that's in the rain. They were also wide open, which is what Stefanski is good at. There will be 1-2 deep shots to Hodge Sunday...but can we hit them? 

We'll be up 17-7 at the half, and then Chubb and Hunt say it's time to go home, and the PAIN arrives. Stuff it down their throat, kill the clock, fly home. 

Browns - 31

Jags - 17

(BTW, I totally nailed the Eagles prediction and I'm 8-2 on the season. I was wrong about the Raiders game and one other one that escapee me. Bottom line? You can trust the Jiggins) 

😁😁😁

Sounds like a game where we should   and hit the shorter passes to our TEs and RBs.....with the occasional deep throw, if their DB is in such disarray.  and then late in the game run it up their arses. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-name-mike-glennon-starting-quarterback-vs-browns-pass-on-jake-luton-and-gardner-minshew/

One thing we know about Mike... pressure him and he'll fold like a cheap suit (maybe the weirdest idiom there is).

I'm laughing now...

TAnking for Trevor.....Fucking Up for Fields. 

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Sounds like a game where we should   and hit the shorter passes to our TEs and RBs.....with the occasional deep throw, if their DB is in such disarray.  and then late in the game run it up their arses. 

You got it, brotha! 

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Kind of a home game for brother jigs this week.  Ever go to any Florida games this year ?

I'm an FSU alum and used to go to every game and have blowout tailgate parties. God I miss those days. Got older, don't really drink anymore, my wife hates sports, and my Noles are a dumpster fire. As far as going to pro games, I try and go to a Browns game every year, and I was super excited about going to Jacksonville, but COVID-19 sucked away my fun. Really stinks...would have been a fun trip. Last time I was there Quincy Morgan somehow caught the Hail Mary. 😂

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 2:49 PM, D Bone said:

The sweaty 12th man doesn't look too tuff for Sunday, but he's always there none the less and gets more effective in the 4th qtr.... 

weather.PNG

And I'm sort of honked.  May have saved some money, but a bunch of us Browns Board guys were targeting this one for the annual road trip.  Then came the covid.  :(  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm laughing now...

I prefer fold like an accordion... 

Oh God not that ferocious Jacksonville November Wind.......worse that that Oakland Autumn Wind........

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

weather.PNG.116d176c11bfca8cc862db3224e62cf9.PNG

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

TAnking for Trevor.....Fucking Up for Fields. 

They obviously aren't sold on Minshew as the permanent starter...

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm an FSU alum and used to go to every game and have blowout tailgate parties. God I miss those days. Got older, don't really drink anymore, my wife hates sports, and my Noles are a dumpster fire. As far as going to pro games, I try and go to a Browns game every year, and I was super excited about going to Jacksonville, but COVID-19 sucked away my fun. Really stinks...would have been a fun trip. Last time I was there Quincy Morgan somehow caught the Hail Mary. 😂

We had all thought about doing a BB tailgate there this yer.  Covid sucked that away as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Oh God not that ferocious Jacksonville November Wind.......worse that that Oakland Autumn Wind........

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.

He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.

The Autumn Wind is a raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.

weather.PNG.116d176c11bfca8cc862db3224e62cf9.PNG

I don't think that Jacksonville weather is what the author of that poem had in mind. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Though, I guess, it was the Browns that low balled him on their contract offer, allowing the Jags to outbid them. 

In retrospect, what a bad move.  IMO

Did I read it right that the Browns are $30,000,000 under the cap? And they quibbled over how much $ for Joe? 

On 11/23/2020 at 2:08 PM, Tour2ma said:

Latest Injury Report...

Reports have been that Minshew's broken thumb was getting close to ready last week.

image.thumb.png.1f4281d5c3e6cb62e01788f90f113e94.png

Found this as a possible defensive equalizer...  

Jaguars Cornerback situation vs Browns this week: 1. CJ Henderson - IR 2. Sidney Jones - Out 3. DJ Hayden - IR 4. Tre Herndon - 2018 UDFA 5. Chris Claybrooks - IR 6. Luq Barcoo - 2020 UDFA 7. Josiah Scott - 2020 4th Rd 8. Greg Mabin - 2017 UDFA