THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Is the Browns MVP

The Gipper

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

OK, inspired by another topic:

Who IS the Browns Team MVP  so far?     Say who and why. 

easy one...
Garrett.  9.5 sacks 4 FF.  Completely dictates the other teams game plan 

Lost the NFL Def. MVP by not suiting up and playing that trash Oline today and getting a handful of sacks 

48 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Nick Chubb for me.... not even close in my mind. 

Got Beast mode? Yes we do! the better dude with the right football tude.. 4th quarter crunch time alone.. Chubb= 4 carries 67 yards of his gameday 114 yards..Chubb's jump cut from hell, closed out the 3rd for a 11 yard gain.. Hunt had a good 4th too.. still working on his numbers

• Upvote 1

Kevin Stefanski... I had serious doubts about this hire.. But the team has bought into his program and the record speaks well for it.. He's making adjustments... Managing the game and the clock superbly... Penalties are way down considerably... The team looks disciplined and focused... And... Prepared... That starts at the top...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

The most valuable player is nick chubb. He can break a game wide open at any moment. Once or twice is an anomaly. Nick chubb is no anomaly. 

Mayfield, hunt, Garrett, ward, landry, hooper, and stefanski all deserve to be mentioned and praised but Nick chubb is the most dynamic player to wear brown and orange in decades. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Kevin Stefanski... I had serious doubts about this hire.. But the team has bought into his program and the record speaks well for it.. He's making adjustments... Managing the game and the clock superbly... Penalties are way down considerably... The team looks disciplined and focused... And... Prepared... That starts at the top...

If the P in MVP stood for “person”, yes, no doubt it’s Stefanski. He is building an incredible foundation for sustained success imo.

One thing I’m noticing is the amount of fun this team is having and how free they are to express themselves. We are starting to see some real personalities. Everything from Chubb’s celebratory handing-the-ball-to-the-official thing to Higgins’ over the top red carpet schtick is all ok, and when you also note the decrease in penalties and mistakes, it’s accounted for as well. Anyone notice Hodge’s corny air guitar first down thing he’s doing? It’s fun seeing these guys have fun. Stefanski has clearly created an environment where not only the players can find success but their personalities can as well.

Ultimately it’s the foundation that is being built is what l see as the main reason for the team’s success this year, so l’m going to go with an unorthodox MVP candidate: JC Tretter.

I kind of see him as the embodiment of the kind of foundational player this team is trying to build upon. Tough (does he even know how to play without a sprained ankle?), smart (Cornell grad, president of the player’s union), and accountable (his snap counts speak for themselves).

43 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

If the P in MVP stood for “person”, yes, no doubt it’s Stefanski. He is building an incredible foundation for sustained success imo.

One thing I’m noticing is the amount of fun this team is having and how free they are to express themselves. We are starting to see some real personalities. Everything from Chubb’s celebratory handing-the-ball-to-the-official thing to Higgins’ over the top red carpet schtick is all ok, and when you also note the decrease in penalties and mistakes, it’s accounted for as well. Anyone notice Hodge’s corny air guitar first down thing he’s doing? It’s fun seeing these guys have fun. Stefanski has clearly created an environment where not only the players can find success but their personalities can as well.

Ultimately it’s the foundation that is being built is what l see as the main reason for the team’s success this year, so l’m going to go with an unorthodox MVP candidate: JC Tretter.

I kind of see him as the embodiment of the kind of foundational player this team is trying to build upon. Tough (does he even know how to play without a sprained ankle?), smart (Cornell grad, president of the player’s union), and accountable (his snap counts speak for themselves).

Although Teller had a 'sub par' game for him yesterday.. Him and Conklin and the O line as a whole in my mind.. Are setting standards... And that is definitely something the team can certainly expand on and grow... I'm encouraged...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, nickers said:

Daryl Ruiter

#Browns HC Kevin Stefanski’s 7-3 record is: the best among new head coaches in 2020, the best start to a season by 1st-year Browns HC since Bud Carson (7-3) in 1989 + 1st time a 1st time a 1st-year Browns HC started 5-1 @ home since the 1946 inaugural season with Paul Brown (5-1)
I was in your same camp on Stef early.. Coming in, Stef just seemed to not have that player prick Belicheck coaching style, when needed.. But, while listening to some of Stef's hired coaching staff during camp? I got who's playing the coaching pricks when needed.. his staff...  works for me! Kevin too, imo

Well said, on covering "What starts at the Top".. Stef & his coaching staff have been solidly impressive..    
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For the whole year? Myles Garrett. While it can be debated if he or Nick Chubb is the best player on the team, Chubb missed a big chunk of the season.

With the exception of the Bengals game, Mayfield has been a competent game manager, but not the team's MVP.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, nickers said:

Kevin Stefanski... I had serious doubts about this hire..

I remember.  And I liked him from the first time I heard him speak.  He sounded intelligent.  Such a departure from the Freddie Kitchens hickness.  (i just thunk that word up)

I couldn't believe when Dorsey passed on Nick Chubb at the top of the 2nd round....and I was quite happy when the Giants didn't trade out of pick 2 and Dorsey DID pick him with pick 3 in round 2.  He's such a great person and a great running back.  And he's good at picking up the blitz!  So is Hunt.  -  I wish those two would stop 'leaving their feet'.  OBJ is out for the year after doing that.

Myles has been playing very well.  Denzel Ward has been playing very well.  Jed, the rookie LT has been doing quite well considering he moved from RT and had a COVID offseason.

We really do have a group of players that could be legitimate team MVP's on lots of teams.  Compared to not all that long ago when our Punter was the team MVP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

For the whole year? Myles Garrett. While it can be debated if he or Nick Chubb is the best player on the team, Chubb missed a big chunk of the season.

With the exception of the Bengals game, Mayfield has been a competent game manager, but not the team's MVP.

That fact may, indeed, make him the MVP. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

why not nominate the guy that is being considered by many as a top contender for the NFL Defensive MVP award.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The fact that he's been an average starting QB may make him the Browns MVP?

I am not sure I would characterize him as average........maybe somewhat above  (how do propose to do the ranking on that?)  but even there....yes, perhaps.   Because those game management skills is what brings this offense entirely together. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

You just did...didn't you?    (and I may tend to agree....but these missed games give me pause). 

Yes I did. He’s the most complete player on our team.  He could come back and win the NFL Def. MVP award. 

Stef was a clever answer and he’s been instrumental this year 

Chubb is my favorite player since Byner and he’s a decent choice too minus the extended time off.

8 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Yes I did. He’s the most complete player on our team.  He could come back and win the NFL Def. MVP award. 

Stef was a clever answer and he’s been instrumental this year 

Chubb is my favorite player since Byner and he’s a decent choice too minus the extended time off.

I would Say Chubb is just as complete... He runs,, He catches and ... He blocks...