THE BROWNS BOARD

Drunken' Thoughts

BobPOUND!

Just getting back from watching the Browns win against the Eagles and Carson Wentz.  Totally solid win for us in yet another ugly weather game. Yet another win we can pin on our amazing run game and incredible coaching. SEVEN and THREE!! You read that right. Our Browns are 7 and 3 in November and we are sitting in a solid position to make it into the playoffs this year.

Our defense yet again showed that we can be at the bottom half of the league in every single measurable matrix, and yet we somehow keep making our opponents do stupid things. This game it was a chance swat at the ball as the Eagles seem to walk the ball the down the field on us with very little resistance.  I told my wife "Here we go again, just like the Raider's game". And out of nowhere, a strip on the 3 yard line. Later a hit on Wentz leads to a Pick Six touch down. 

Throughout the first half, the offense did very little, and defense on paper was awful. But somehow our defense yet again kept the other team from scoring on us. The Eagles walked the ball down on us several times with very little resistance. But somehow we kept making plays at the perfect time. Perfect play calling led to sacks and ultimately a perfectly timed safety by the Browns defense. Then the perfect combination of Chubb/Mayfield and Hunt to put the game away. On paper we shouldn't be winning these games. Our defense is letting offenses walk down the field on us, and yet we keep making opportune plays and stop them from turning the tide on us...

Mayfield continues to turn in blah games, but yet, let our defense seems to absolutely fucking nail it when it really matters. I keep thinking, Mayfield is just mailing it in, and out of nowhere hits a 3rd down completion that keeps us in the game. He throws a Shit fucking fade pass to the end zone and overthrows by 5 feet easy.. But later nails a pass to Landry for a hard 3rd down conversion. We keep finding ways to win with this team and I love it.. 

Ravens lost !!!  Dolphins are losing, Colts are Losing and I can hope that Raiders lose later tonight.. Could be a great weekend for the Browns.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Well I woke up this morning? And my head feels like? it was beaten by a plastic hammer 🤕...      So?  I added some V-8 tomato juice 🤓  our local rednecks call it a red-eye

Cheers! Victory Monday!  🍹

Thanks for the well Titled thread & a solid game view post BobPOUND..  👍   

On 11/22/2020 at 6:50 PM, BobPOUND! said:

Mayfield continues to turn in blah games, but yet, let our defense seems to absolutely fucking nail it when it really matters. I keep thinking, Mayfield is just mailing it in, and out of nowhere hits a 3rd down completion that keeps us in the game. He throws a Shit fucking fade pass to the end zone and overthrows by 5 feet easy.. But later nails a pass to Landry for a hard 3rd down conversion. We keep finding ways to win with this team and I love it.. 

I've been a Baker apologist all season and I'm not stopping now. Yes, Baker really shit the muffin on that early drive by missing two possible TD throws. The first one would have been a TD if Harrison could have come back for it, but Baker also has to make a much better toss. The second one was just awful. He underthrew the first one, so with the second one he overcorrected and put too much on it.

I don't LOVE how we continued to roll Baker out to his weak side because you saw his footwork struggle on the Hooper overthrow and you just have to make the game easier for your QB. That being said, Baker has been extraordinarily accurate rolling out to his weak side, and several of his best throws came from the weak side boot (OBJ Bengals TD, Hodge 42 yarder, etc). 

Like I said in another post, I don't think people fully understand how well Baker played in the rain Sunday. Baker completed over half of his throws and averaged about 17 yards per completion. If he would have just completed that ONE pass at the goal line, we'd all be saying how well he played. Baker made some absolutely gigantic throws, especially on 3rd down and on 3rd and long. He engineered a 94 yard drive, almost all through the air, and the drive should have scored but Hunt didn't extend the rock at the goal line, and Baker obviously missed the mark. He didn't have a running game for basically the entire game, save the 4th quarter, and although he fumbled, he didn't throw a pick and he made quality reads all day. 

Does anyone here want Lamar Jackson? Carson Wentz? Gardner Minshew? Daniel Jones? Dwayne Haskins? Hell no. Baker might not be a top 5 QB, but come on people. We of ALL people know what it's like to have shitty QB play, and this ain't it. We're going to lock him up, it's going to be great, and just wait and see what happens when Baker has another year in this system with the same offensive line and the same RBs. Trust the Jiggins. 

• Upvote 1

I have been, & still AM, a huge Baker Fan & I DO "trust the Jiggins".

Look at Baker's NFL experience so far...then look at Drew Brees' first few years in the NFL. These guys are pretty similar in many ways.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I have been, & still AM, a huge Baker Fan & I DO "trust the Jiggins".

Look at Baker's NFL experience so far...then look at Drew Brees' first few years in the NFL. These guys are pretty similar in many ways.

Mike

Excellent point, Mike. Is the pressure on for Baker? Yeah, I think it is, especially when you consider we play the Jags this weekend. Something else I think people forget...guess who is the top rated passer in the red zone? Yep, Baker Mayfield (as of two weeks ago, this could have changed). 

Next week we're without Myles Garrett and Denzel Ward. That's our two best defensive players. That doesn't make me feel very good, mainly because we ALWAYS STRUGGLE against the damn Jags. The weather report is MOSTLY good this weekend (finally!) but there is a chance of rain. If the weather is beautiful, we will need Baker Mayfield to own this shit. There will be no excuses, and our defense will not likely play well because we'll have Tavierre Thomas in the game. 

We need to score points, and opposing defenses are now super loading the box. It's Baker time. 

8 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've been a Baker apologist all season and I'm not stopping now. Yes, Baker really shit the muffin on that early drive by missing two possible TD throws. The first one would have been a... 

I chose to STOP! right there ^^ 🤓 

2nZ.gif    lol..... (thread get'er done)

Well 🤔 ..  this classic flashback came to my mind      4dnE.gif                       

Trust the Jiggins.   (Morning Ralph! 🐑

• Haha 1

The encouraging thing I see in Baker this season is that he seems to have rededicated himself to "his job".

Remember last year we saw dough-boy Baker, star of commercials emerge with none of his rookie bravado in evidence.

Still can't swing a dead cat on gameday without hitting a Progressive commercial starring him, but trimmed down and confident, if not cocky, has put all the criticism to rest.

Of course it doesn't hurt that he now has a HC and OL that are worth a shit...

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I've been a Baker apologist all season and I'm not stopping now. Yes, Baker really shit the muffin on that early drive by missing two possible TD throws. The first one would have been a TD if Harrison could have come back for it, but Baker also has to make a much better toss. The second one was just awful. He underthrew the first one, so with the second one he overcorrected and put too much on it.

I don't LOVE how we continued to roll Baker out to his weak side because you saw his footwork struggle on the Hooper overthrow and you just have to make the game easier for your QB. That being said, Baker has been extraordinarily accurate rolling out to his weak side, and several of his best throws came from the weak side boot (OBJ Bengals TD, Hodge 42 yarder, etc). 

Like I said in another post, I don't think people fully understand how well Baker played in the rain Sunday. Baker completed over half of his throws and averaged about 17 yards per completion. If he would have just completed that ONE pass at the goal line, we'd all be saying how well he played. Baker made some absolutely gigantic throws, especially on 3rd down and on 3rd and long. He engineered a 94 yard drive, almost all through the air, and the drive should have scored but Hunt didn't extend the rock at the goal line, and Baker obviously missed the mark. He didn't have a running game for basically the entire game, save the 4th quarter, and although he fumbled, he didn't throw a pick and he made quality reads all day. 

Does anyone here want Lamar Jackson? Carson Wentz? Gardner Minshew? Daniel Jones? Dwayne Haskins? Hell no. Baker might not be a top 5 QB, but come on people. We of ALL people know what it's like to have shitty QB play, and this ain't it. We're going to lock him up, it's going to be great, and just wait and see what happens when Baker has another year in this system with the same offensive line and the same RBs. Trust the Jiggins. 

Yea, he averaged almost 17 yards per completion.  What's his name, the Steeler's QB, is averaging about 8 yards per completion because he is dinking and dunking.  Maybe Baker should do more of that....short dumpoffs to RBs and TEs...if he wants to pad his completion pct. stat.