THE BROWNS BOARD

David Njoku

BaconHound

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Njoku's time as a Brown is ticking down... 

I really had hopes he would harness his athleticism and really flourish, but it appears the Browns are prepared to let him take his "talents" elsewhere when the season ends.

Browns exercised the 5th year option, so he’s technically under contract next year too. I’d be more surprised if he actually finishes that season with us than not.

• Upvote 2

I played TE..I utterly cursed out my TV set after watching Njoku run to nobody inside in particular 🙄(touched no-one)...Giving up.. on two outside ends to a free release straight at Baker... I forgave Harrison Bryant instantly...Stef did too!! ... God I hope the coaching staff see's this play on Joke's tape review...    

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I was pleased when they drafted him, but I was wrong.....

David Njoku is NOT a football player! He's a superb athlete with no heart. If they cut him NOW, I would cheer!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, BaconHound said:

Calling out all the guys who thought drafting Njoku in the first round was a good idea.....you know who you are

The team gets to 8-3 for the first time in ages and this is the 1st thing on your mind?

This wasn't exactly the 1st time this guy disappointed people that liked or disliked the pick.    I'll confess to thinking this seemed like a really good idea to open up the TE position as a prong of attack.  I was wrong.  

My wish for the TE position is a dual purpose guy that can block and catch like a Jason Witten or even a Mark Andrews.  

On 11/22/2020 at 3:10 PM, BaconHound said:

Calling out all the guys who thought drafting Njoku in the first round was a good idea.....you know who you are

The Steelers wouldve taken him had no one else did... He was on they're board..

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I was pleased when they drafted him, but I was wrong.....

David Njoku is NOT a football player! He's a superb athlete with no heart. If they cut him NOW, I would cheer!

Mike

he really likes his tv time what a poser 

When he's under the terms of the 5th of the rookie deal.. he's a better value than any possible FA TE we could find.

I question the connection with reality of anyone even considering entertaining the notion of resigning him.  Any aGM who brings that up should be fired immediately for cause.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Which means they would have Njoku and not JJ Watt.

... I feel like that's something I would have preferred.

I think we both can agree on that...LOL :)

5 minutes ago, nickers said:

Yes in fact he actually made a couple of nice key blocks against the Jags...

i noticed bryant for all the wrong reasons and hoop I must have been getting a beer out of the fridge when he made those blocks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

i noticed bryant for all the wrong reasons and hoop I must have been getting a beer out of the fridge when he made those blocks

You might want to watch this... I got proof on my side... You have 0!

The thing with Njoku was that he first dropped a lot of passes, while contributed close to nothing to the blocking in pass protection or rushing (Kizer got some big hits by some free runners he let by). Baker joins and he becomes an irregular player with some drops and some key plays, never consistent. He got badly injured on a play against the Jets last year, I believe.

He came back to a secondary role this year and instead of showing that he deserves a bigger role by his attitude and production, a lesser name like Bryant shines in the same system and almost gets him out of the picture. He has had some great blocks this year, but I think either we get a great deal to resign him next year (plus a change of attitude), or he's a goner.

4 hours ago, Nero said:

I think either we get a great deal to resign him next year (plus a change of attitude), or he's a goner.

We've already exercised our 5th-year option for Njoku at $6mm and change. However, it is not guaranteed unless he's on the roster on March 18, 2021. At that price, I don't see him being around come mid-March.

• Thanks 2