THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

A little late getting this up this week as I was getting to now my new assistant better. Took Minka to a 5-Star resort, but all she wanted to do was stay in bed!

Minka-Kelly-facts.gif

But we did pull out the ol' crystal ball this morning ... eventually ... and here's what is said:

Philadelphia at Cleveland, Sunday 1:00 PM

A good old-fashioned November Mud Bowl for these Classic NFL Franchises. But only one of these teams is built the old-fashioned way, so look for the Browns to control the game on the ground with Chubb and Hunt and I see Baker running one in like ol' Otto Graham too. BROWNS 23 EAGLES 16

Cincinnati at Washington, Sunday 1:00 PM

This is a hard one to handicap, but an easy one to know who to root for. I would love to see Alex Smith get a win. So be it. REDSKINS 27 BUNGLES 24

Pittsburgh at Jacksonville, Sunday 1:00 PM

The Steelers get another stack of pancakes from the schedule makers this week. Someone named Jake Luton gets the start for the 1-8 Jags, but they'll probably keep it close anyway. And injure Ben. STEELERS 22 JAGUARS 18

Tennesee at Baltimore, Sunday1:00PM

You can't be a running QB forever, eventually you have to be the better passer on the field each week, and that is never going to be the case for Jacko. Ratbird spiral continues against Tits desperate to bounce back. TITANS 37 RAVENS 24

TGZ

• Like 1

Titans over  Ratfuckers.   Ravens are missing two of their good DL:  Calais Campbell and....?? Williams, can't recall first name.   Derrick Henry should roll over them.

Bengals over  WTFs.  While Z may be right, Alex Smith is a guy to root for,  that team is still worse than the Bitchy Pussies.

Steelers over Jags.    Jags are Tanking for Trevor or Fucking Up for Fields.  Drafting a QB next year is their priority and the Steelers will oblige them

Browns over Phillies/Flyers/Sixers/Eagles......though it won't be easy with MG out.  Our OL/RBs need to Bully ball these fucksticks, but...our defense? Not the bullies we would hope for.

As for appropriate assistance with clerical duties....I am primarily interested in someone local who is interested in her college education:

Kicking the Summer off right - Akron Zips Football - ZipsNation.Org

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Titans over  Ratfuckers.   Ravens are missing two of their good DL:  Calais Campbell and....?? Williams, can't recall first name.   Derrick Henry should roll over them.

Check

Bengals over  WTFs.  While Z may be right, Alex Smith is a guy to root for,  that team is still worse than the Bitchy Pussies.

Doink

Steelers over Jags.    Jags are Tanking for Trevor or Fucking Up for Fields.  Drafting a QB next year is their priority and the Steelers will oblige them

Check

Browns over Phillies/Flyers/Sixers/Eagles......though it won't be easy with MG out.  Our OL/RBs need to Bully ball these fucksticks, but...our defense? Not the bullies we would hope for.

Check

As for appropriate assistance with clerical duties....I am primarily interested in someone local who is interested in her college education:

Kicking the Summer off right - Akron Zips Football - ZipsNation.Org

And always a check on that  Zip chick's  sweet little  ass. 

Ok in this week's AFCN games.....so nice to have the BROWNS back.

@Cleveland X vs   Philadelphia 3.5 3.5 3.0 3.0 CorrectCle 22, Phi 17

@Washington   vs X Cincinnati 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 CorrectWas 20, Cin 9

Pittsburgh   vs X @Jacksonville 10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0 IncorrectPit 27, Jax 3 0
@Baltimore X vs   Tennessee 6.5 6.5 6.5 6.5 IncorrectTen 30, Bal 24

Oh well I got the important one !

GO BROWNS, 7-3 just win ......baby !    :D

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Didn't see it. What happened? 

They didn't show the replay- but it looks like done for the year. Carted off, Joe "see you next year".     https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-reveals-extent-of-joe-burrows-knee-injury/

• Thanks 1

Just now, hoorta said:

They didn't show the replay- but it looks like done for the year. Carted off, Joe "see you next year".     https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/report-reveals-extent-of-joe-burrows-knee-injury/

I saw the replay once and it was pretty disturbing. I blew my knee out 2 years ago and I can't watch that stuff. It was awful. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, hoorta said:

Just read that he tore his ACL, MCL and had other structural damage to his knee.

Not only is he done for this season, but he could end up missing a big chunk of next year too. 9-12 month expected rehab.

On 11/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, hoorta said:

From what I understand as to how bad the injury....seeing him next year may not even be in the cards.    So, Ryan Finley?  Not likely to last there. 

What veteran do you think they will bring in? 

And by the way....how much better off are we having a Case Keenum as our backup, just in case, over having Ryan Finley?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

From what I understand as to how bad the injury....seeing him next year may not even be in the cards.    So, Ryan Finley?  Not likely to last there. 

And by the way....how much better off are we having a Case Keenum as our backup, just in case, over having Ryan Finley?

Case has a lot of experience under this HC at Minn., so I'd rather have him 7 days a week.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Gipper,, i believe it will be a minimum  of 2 years to recover from this... I had my leg rebuilt 11 years ago after slipping on frozen ice.. It took me 2 years just to feel confident running and jumping... I was very lucky to have a great orthopedic surgeon repair my leg and ankle. The positive for him is he is young.. I was 44 when my leg got fucked up... There's about 22k in hardware right there.. All Titanium..

1416234497_legxrays.png.1074e3fd7724f3e445ae44567c5bdfa9.png

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, nickers said:

Gipper,, i believe it will be a minimum  of 2 years to recover from this... I had my leg rebuilt 11 years ago after slipping on frozen ice.. It took me 2 years just to feel confident running and jumping... I was very lucky to have a great orthopedic surgeon repair my leg and ankle. The positive for him is he is young.. I was 44 when my leg got fucked up...

1416234497_legxrays.png.1074e3fd7724f3e445ae44567c5bdfa9.png

That looks like a bad fracture in the lower leg..  I don't think that is what  Burrow had.  His was all in the knee, wasn't it?   And, again, from what I understand (because I am not a doctor, I only play one on TV).....the knee issue could be much harder to come back from than a leg fracture. 

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

That looks like a bad fracture in the lower leg..  I don't think that is what  Burrow had.  His was all in the knee, wasn't it?   And, again, from what I understand (because I am not a doctor, I only play one on TV).....the knee issue could be much harder to come back from than a leg fracture. 

Yes his was the knee... but bad breaks are bad breaks.. I feel bad for the kid...

58 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Frozen... widely recognized as the worst kind of ice... ;)

Theres crushed ice... Flavored Ice , Lemon Ice and Ice cubes... I think that covers it...

Oppps forgot about Iced Tea..

18 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It was indeed Burrow's knee.  Bad leg fractures can be much worse. One ended Joe Thiemann's career.  I saw some pretty gross injuries in my hospital years, but there was a Documentary (ESPN I think) on Alex Smith's surgery and recovery. Some of the pics were horrifying even to me- his leg almost rotted off, to the point they were thinking amputation. Then he had to wear an ilizarov frame  ilizarov_external_fixator.jpg for months until the bones in his leg rejoined. That he's still playing in the NFL is amazing- and stupid in my POV- Take your millions Alex, and quit while you're ahead.  

The advances in reconstructive knee surgery have been nothing short of miraculous in the last 15 years or so.  I give you the shot Willis McGahee took to his knee in the OSU-Miami Championship game. His knee was pretty much totally destroyed, virtually all the ligaments. I thought the guy wouldn't be able to walk without a cane after that, but he even was able to play some in the NFL...   

"However, the Fiesta Bowl injury was significantly worse and required surgery. McGahee was admitted to HealthSouth Doctors Hospital where he underwent an operation lasting between four and five hours. The findings were less severe than originally expected. Although the ACL and the MCL were indeed torn, there was no tear found in his PCL. McGahee eventually required more surgery and extensive rehabilitation before he was fit to play again."

• Upvote 2