THE BROWNS BOARD

**** Official Eagles at Browns Gameday Thread

Zombo

This is not the same team that won the Superbowl 2 years ago. But this won't be an easy game. 

The Browns have to prove that they can win even hard games. 

GO BROWNS!!!!

• Like 1

I think this game comes down to making the plays that are there. For example, Harrison had a chance for a rather easy pick-6 against the Raiders but dropped it. That was the only bad throw Carr made all day and failing to make that one play severely impacted the game. Make no mistake, Wentz is going to give us an opportunity or two for a huge play. If he throws us the ball, we HAVE to catch it. If he fumbles it...we MUST pounce on it. Like I said in another post, Wentz is the least accurate passer in the league from a clean pocket. Let's make him PAY. 

Speaking of making plays, we HAVE to catch the ball today. Njoku and Jarvis can't drop key 3rd down passes, and we certainly can't have dropped TD passes. I sincerely believe that we will struggle running the ball early. Philly does pretty well against RBs, but they struggle against WR sweeps and running QBs. We don't really have a WR who runs reverses or sweeps anymore (Taylor maybe?) and Baker isn't really a big running threat. Philly has given up just 2 runs of 20 yards from RBs. That's pretty insane and a reason why I think we'll struggle running it. At least EARLY. 

The weather looks atrocious it's starting to piss me off. I'm used to the December games being dicey, but November is generally DECENT for most games. I want to see us in a dome or good weather. How can you evaluate a QB when he's constantly playing in shitty weather? I think Baker is doing well, and I also think he did enough to win that Raiders game. 

Anyway, the weather is what it is. We play Jax next week, so hopefully we can get a good weather game in the mix. This game will be about the defense and whether or not they can replicate the success they had last game. I think they will. I'm actually predicting our first blowout victory. Eagles are falling apart and our boys are going to be playing hard for Myles and Hubbs. 

Browns 26

Eagles 15

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

The weather looks atrocious it's starting to piss me off. I'm used to the December games being dicey, but November is generally DECENT for most games. I want to see us in a dome or good weather. 

You are a Cleveland Browns fan. You should be embarrassed your fingers betrayed you and actually wrote these words. You are a CLEVELAND BROWNS FAN. Fucking act like it. 

"Oh it's too cold and windy and the uniforms are going to get muddy oh boo hoo"... Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense. 😄

(But make sure you come over to the Tavern today! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Myles Garrett out changed my mind on this one.

I had Myles Garrett making a late play to seal the win.  Now I see Wentz having the time to make a play late in the game with a score to win.

The Eagles were going to run on us regardless and now they will have the extra second to make plays downfield.  This is a game where our lack of Backers and Safeties is really exposed  and against the Eagles they have the intermediate weapons in the pass game to do it (Ertz, Goedert, Sanders).  I really liked Reagor coming out of TCU - the Eagles haven’t showcased him much, but he can fly.  If he gets a favorable matchup in the slot we are in trouble. 

Schwartz is going to do EVERYTHING he can to take away our run.  Load the box, run blitz...play man on and island.   Baker can flip this game in our favor - and he’s going to have to if we are going to win.

I hope I’m wrong but I got 24-20 Eagles.

25 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You are a Cleveland Browns fan. You should be embarrassed your fingers betrayed you and actually wrote these words. You are a CLEVELAND BROWNS FAN. Fucking act like it. 

"Oh it's too cold and windy and the uniforms are going to get muddy oh boo hoo"... Get the fuck out of here with this nonsense. 😄

(But make sure you come over to the Tavern today! 😉

LMFAO. So true. What was I thinking? 

My Pops is coming over to watch with me but I'll definitely stop in and say hello! But first, I need to get my chores done or else I'll get in trouble. 🤣

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Ugh... not feeling good about this game either. This is where the defense is going to cost them a winnable game.... 

only chance they have is if someone steps up and has a day on the DL....

Yep! Need someone to make a play. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The weather looks atrocious it's starting to piss me off.

4 mph wind is "atrocious"? I'll take it... gives us a chance to mix in effective PAP with ground and pound.

Agree with statement jiggie made above about run struggles early, so I open with PA and then let the pounding begin. Have to create that uncertainty in their LBs' minds early and often. If i see the shotgun in any situation shy of 3rd & 5, then I may lose it.

As for our D? The best we will put on the field today will be our ball-control O.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

This is not the same team that won the Superbowl 2 years ago. But this won't be an easy game. 

The Browns have to prove that they can win even hard games. 

GO BROWNS!!!!

The Eagles are 3-5-1 playing in the worst division maybe in NFL history. They are far below even being average. This should be a fairly easy win, if the Browns are decent. Wentz is the most overrated QB in the NFL.