THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett on COVID-19 List

jiggins7919

6 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Sorry, this one flew under the Radar. 

So they had a wavier claim in, the Bengals had one as well as the 49ers and Raiders.

Bengals brought them in, he fail the physical so they waived him.

same with the 49ers. 

I think it falls to the Browns if they want to bring him in. It’s confusing how he failed a physical for two teams. He did have a groin issue earlier in the year but he was playing for the Falcons before they cut him.

Let's all pray the Browns pull their claim. They need a headcase on defense like a hole in the head. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Let's all pray the Browns pull their claim. They need a headcase on defense like a hole in the head. 

Ya, I don’t know. Seems like a no risk situation. 

After reading more about it though, I guess he was out the two previous games for the Falcons for that groin injury. I’m not sure how they were allowed to cut him if he was injuried. I didn’t think that was allowed

N-TDjcRoBVJCELBSuc1LCL0EEcwfz9SYYgb1QInrIw4whIOXTQibf0FCB7qsi-UL97Xr_vehHQtrYdg1buWYe3QuCPIhWvI5_D_q3g1dfO4KvnVCtZtX2us9XMnXSYm4vWp_-4_DR2qlfMXRdqnKymh44jSBHKQB36yBY9bFhD2FKjJ3VTK65DwmLeSqQ2Gj8Xp3BGbJV4vKc-C67Uh4DOAhipFAm-sZW4fl6LHwlJBpA2oS1YaO9YDy-u1Lb6RrVJSoCp2GKTczWyMnt4QehciBbUDl478PI8WHxqZ4DWDxyEMY0UYhm02qJ-L0AcWKCHg3oXsOl3JgzMWTAOgHm-Dh85EDmEPuAFU6kcgYeKwT19wR89W7bwkcuLFtliZqJJ5-YAHZrt96EcTb1ApsgTyb0lANoR6CuN04CM-Oh0Bz33YGu9IQM6-zgeYEYS14h6qhVJI9as1M1Kb7kOJImSZd5gtUtPxHzQjG_vVssUel6adRZscNjn9vfVznb7zp0pmwqPb8r2bxQaMPm4MygOI1Bcuw5Vrz5lEDcqj3_Rj9V_KfGhMpLxPg5DOGZ0o5olwHM8QiOiG0-FG5v_gxAU8GkVJZAfEBScv6SWw_I45QBSBz7KuS0rMaXNAdT36QtC-Jc0W3lPnXZs9HsVsXXe4cjjbbY1JOPEzkK_a4_DdO1RAOGuVdzil1ifWrng=w463-h617-no?authuser=0    I'll let the biggest Shelton Richardson fan..." known to my-kind" have this post.. He would have loved today! 

(dad) We saw a veteran DT named Shelton Richardson.. Take a mic 🎤. Veteran leading this defense earlier in the week. Pleading for teammates to make a name for themselves with your new opts.. I can only start with the play of O. Vernon today.. It also took this quiet veteran to shine today too.. Wow did he play hard! We'll need *that version of Vernon the rest of the way..

(me)- "drop the mic 🎤 now Pops"?  (Dad)- "No" I got more, let me tell you" 😂

(dad🎤) Ever heard of our DE from our PS we brought up yesterday? Cameron Malveaux.. Well Joe Woods must have known what he was receiving from San Fran.. Go Have a Day for yourself young  Mal'! 😂..  2 tackles & the forced fumble in the red-zone to keep Philly from the early lead..      Big Shelton would like to see you in his office 🤓  Welcome Cameron!

(me) 🎤 "Got More?"... (Dad) 🎤 "well damn son, I'm just getting started" 😂  

Next Up?  (dad🎤) We hit Carson Wentz 10 times.. Denzel Ward caused the floater that Taki Housed. Housed? They're all Great Plays. 😂      Vernon sacked Wentz 3 times.. My daddy Shelton Richardson smacked Wentz twice more & had 4 tackles, but was scary good all day today. Run plays or scaring Wentz off his spots all day, Richardson was.. 😂 

Oh Yeah, That other guy that made a name? 😂

(me) 🎤 yes Pops, bring it, post ending.. (Dad) 🎤 your damn skippy I will 😂 

Adrian Clayborn..step right up & welcome to The Land ya damn old hippy 😂. 3 tackles. 1.5 sacks (.5 to Ogun) 2 QB hits & another huge forced fumble to Clayborn's credit...

the Dad mic Drop 🎤

Dad would have turned 85 years young today 🎂....  He would have been no prouder than what "his man" Shelton Richardson brought all game week.. Special thanks to Shelton & our Cleveland Browns for making this a real special day for this kid

(me)🎤 Love ya, Dad... we got our victory phone call in on your day.. You did so well👍 Happy Birthday!

In closing.. Get Well Myles Garrett!!  This defense had your back today! 

On 11/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, Tour2ma said:

I think you have to test negative a couple times before you're cleared to play. Sounds like Myles was having flu-like symptoms too- so this wasn't one of those "you don't know you have it until you're tested" cases.  

And Ward has an injury that's going to keep him out a week or two.  :( Are we ever going to see a Greedy Williams sighting this year?  

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

Takitaki on COVID list. 

DEFENSE
LDE 97 Gustin, Porter CF19   Garrett not listed here.            
LDT 98 RICHARDSON, SHELDON U/Min 90 Elliott, Jordan 20/3            
RDT 65 Ogunjobi, Larry 17/3 96 Taylor, Vincent W/Buf            
RDE 54 VERNON, OLIVIER T/NYG 94 CLAYBORN, ADRIAN U/Atl            
SAM 44 Takitaki, Sione 19/3 50 Phillips, Jacob 20/3            
MLB 93 Goodson, BJ U/GB 55 Davis, Tae W/NYG            
WLB 51 Wilson, Mack 19/5 56 SMITH, MALCOLM SF20 52 Lee, Elijah W/Det        
LCB 21 Ward, Denzel 18/1 28 Johnson, Kevin U/Buf 36 Stewart Jr., MJ W/TB        
SS 42 Joseph, Karl U/LV 33 Harrison, Ronnie T/Jax            
FS 23 SENDEJO, ANDREW U/Min 29 Redwine, Sheldrick 19/4 35 Moffatt, Jovante CF20        
RCB 39 Mitchell, Terrance U/KC 20 Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz 34 Jackson, Robert SF18        
CB 20

Thomas, Tavierre W/Arz

Who the hell else is going to drop?

34 Jackson, Robert SF18  

Our defense is going to hell in a handbasket.  

Guys are not making the smart choices once they leave the building and go home.  Perhaps COVID will not kill a healthy football player...but it can kill your team if enough players test positive and you can't field a good enough team to win a game.

It takes a real effort to avoid COVID right now.  175k+ new cases in the US just about every day now.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Guys are not making the smart choices once they leave the building and go home.  Perhaps COVID will not kill a healthy football player...but it can kill your team if enough players test positive and you can't field a good enough team to win a game.

It takes a real effort to avoid COVID right now.  175k+ new cases in the US just about every day now.

Remember Italy back in March?

I have a bad feeling that is where we are headed. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Remember Italy back in March?

I have a bad feeling that is where we are headed. 

A vaccine might be on the horizon...but they won't be giving it to football players.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

A vaccine might be on the horizon...but they won't be giving it to football players.

Don't bet against it.  (at least in regards to the NFL) they might be an "essential industry" :)   

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Eventually they will   But not as a priority. Though money may will talk. 

Let's be generous Gipper.  200 individuals per team X 32 teams = 6,400 doses. Not that much if we're looking at 10 million doses or so initially available. 

• Upvote 1

Another #Browns player has tested positive for COVID-19. The facility is closed while contact tracing is being conducted. Meetings will be remotely conducted again. It is worth noting left tackle Jedrick Wills and safety Jovante Moffat were ill Nov. 25.

was it reported? ? as a staff member? or a coaching* staff member? that had our 1st case of Covid?  #spreadlikewildfire

20 hours ago, Orion said:

We're still in lot better shape than a bunch of teams- most notably the Ravens. 

Yeah- this epidemic is spiraling out of control. There's no margin for error anymore to reschedule with the byes out of the picture. Why they're either going to have to add a week to the end of the season for makeup games, or possibly call the whole thing off until playoff time, and freeze the standings. Hey- in that case- we make the playoffs.  :)  

43 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Porter Gustin now out for Sunday

Gustin reads like a tested positive for Covid-19.. Chris Hubbard has *returned* from reserve Covid-19..

And per this tweet... tracers were all clear on Gustin..

#Browns offense practiced today. Defense was virtual as contact tracing was done. Identified no close contacts. Offense and defense practiced separately Wednesday. So haven’t had normal practice this week.

Expect a PS move up of more 
69 Malveaux**, Cameron DE

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

200 individuals per team X 32 teams = 6,400 doses. Not that much if we're looking at 10 million doses or so initially available. 

... times 2 = 12,800 as most of the early contenders are in two shots weeks apart.

Meanwhile there are ~18,000,000 health care workers and another 4.6mm first responders.

The NFL can wait...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

... times 2 = 12,800 as most of the early contenders are in two shots weeks apart.

Meanwhile there are ~18,000,000 health care workers and another 4.6mm first responders.

The NFL can wait...

They can, that does not mean they will want to, or in fact will.....

While things may be more equitable in the near future,  I still do not see things changing so drastically in a short time where the wealthy and the privileged will no longer be given priority. 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The NFL can wait...

And they can get in line behind in-person schoolteachers as well if we want a full return to the classrooms. Screw the athletes. Get in line behind the old folks too like every other able bodied 20-30 y.o.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And they can get in line behind in-person schoolteachers as well if we want a full return to the classrooms. Screw the athletes. Get in line behind the old folks too like every other able bodied 20-30 y.o.

Sure....maybe this situation will tell us what "professions"  or statuses  this society truly prioritizes.   Nevertheless....would you want to wager  against these well paid athletes being among the first to receive the vaccination? 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Sure....maybe this situation will tell us what "professions"  or statuses  this society truly prioritizes.   Nevertheless....would you want to wager  against these well paid athletes being among the first to receive the vaccination? 

FWIW,  NFL players are certainly getting priority testing...

I do agree healthcare workers, first responders, teachers, and then us old folks to the head of the vaccine line.... Just sayin' though- it wouldn't shock me if the NFL buys their way to the top of the list. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/26/2020 at 4:35 PM, hoorta said:

We're still in lot better shape than a bunch of teams- most notably the Ravens. 

Yeah- this epidemic is spiraling out of control. There's no margin for error anymore to reschedule with the byes out of the picture. Why they're either going to have to add a week to the end of the season for makeup games, or possibly call the whole thing off until playoff time, and freeze the standings. Hey- in that case- we make the playoffs.  :)  

shitty way to make the playoffs....but we have no control......steven a and the rest of the first take cast recommended a possilble bubble situation....i could see that happening or the season may be called off  if that does not happen........hoorta makes a good point with the virus spiraling out of control......

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

shitty way to make the playoffs....but we have no control......steven a and the rest of the first take cast recommended a possilble bubble situation....i could see that happening or the season may be called off  if that does not happen........hoorta makes a good point with the virus spiraling out of control......

A bubble playoff scenario might be the only way we see the season play out. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, browns52 said:

It's bubbling folks... Steelers- Ravens delayed again ... Tuesday?  

Lamar Jackson- OUT. This is starting to be a joke of a season. Too many teams with too many players on the covid list.