THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett on COVID-19 List

jiggins7919

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Alexa, is it still Friday the 13th?

2020 can officially kiss my ass. 

Here's what I can tell you. If we win without Myles, we can accomplish anything. 

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Someone on the Browns needs to pull a Crash Davis and turn the sprinklers on the night before the game at First Energy and turn it into a mudpit. 

Kevin Costner talks Bull Durham love scene | EW.com      10 Best Kissing Quotes From Movies | by The Breakup Cafe | Medium       GIF dd, draft day, jenn law, best animated GIFs kevin costner, pencil and paper, tom welling, spoiler, free download  Bull Durham "I can get us a rainout" - YouTube   "I can't get us a rainout.....Mudpit? No Problem!" tell Jimma to get a few rolls of lawn turf ready for MNF..

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Someone on the Browns needs to pull a Crash Davis and turn the sprinklers on the night before the game at First Energy and turn it into a mudpit. 

I don't know how old is Browns' stadium grass, but nowadays they can absorb a fucking flooding in a few hours. Soccer stadiums turn the sprinklers on 30-60 mins before the match so the ball has more speed, while some years ago that would result in a mudpit. 

31 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't know how old is Browns' stadium grass, but nowadays they can absorb a fucking flooding in a few hours. Soccer stadiums turn the sprinklers on 30-60 mins before the match so the ball has more speed, while some years ago that would result in a mudpit. 

I've seen that stadium grass tackle some of our RBs over the years; but that was usually only after I drank some of Hoorta's orange punch at the tailgates.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

2020 can officially kiss my ass. 

Here's what I can tell you. If we win without Myles, we can accomplish anything. 

2020 also kissed you on the lips with a 6-3 start.  You don't see a Wiley Coyote in charge of our offensive or defensive attack any more. And that's a good thing.

The difference between 2019 and 2020 is we aren't losing Myles Garrett for the rest of the season.  We're losing him for 1-2 games against opponents we can still beat.

Let's just take this thing 1 week at a time like we've been doing...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm thinking running the sprinklers all night long would help slow down the Eagles offense... 😁

Browns had a waiver claim on Takk McKinley. The Bengals waived him because he failed his physical, then the 49ers did the same.  He was playing for the Falcons but did have a groin issue this season. Wonder what the issue is. I’d imagine if it was something serious the Falcons wouldn’t have been allowed to cut him.....It’s to late now to bring him in for this game, but I wonder if the Browns will bring him in and check him out for next week if Myles can’t go again.... guy has been pretty disappointing for a 1st rounder but change of scenery can help that (Carlos Dunlap style)

43 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Browns had a waiver claim on Takk McKinley. The Bengals waived him because he failed his physical, then the 49ers did the same.  He was playing for the Falcons but did have a groin issue this season. Wonder what the issue is. I’d imagine if it was something serious the Falcons wouldn’t have been allowed to cut him.....It’s to late now to bring him in for this game, but I wonder if the Browns will bring him in and check him out for next week if Myles can’t go again.... guy has been pretty disappointing for a 1st rounder but change of scenery can help that (Carlos Dunlap style)

Was their claim successful? Is he now on our roster? 

7 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t understand the nfl covid policy.  
Admittedly I haven’t looked it up 

Conklin tests positive and the same week he’s back.    Would he have to quarantine longer?  

Browns activate Jack Conklin, Cody Parkey from reserve-COVID-19 list, elevage Michael Dunn, Cameron Malveaux as COVID-19 replacements, elevate Johnny Stanton

Here's what i think I know?...
Hubbard had Covid...Garrett has Covid .. separate high risk rules apply..(see Garrett's)..
Conkin & Parkey, with tracers, must have been found under 6 ft away, for more than 15 minutes within Hubbard or Janovich space... note* word *reserve* b-4 Covid.. Those found within contact (per tracers,under 6 ft, timed)..  have to stay clean for 3 test..If So? *reserve comes off & can play...   
  • Thanks 1

• 11/21Activated T Jack Conklin from reserve/COVID-19 list        3 days clear testing.. release high risk tracer fail
  • 11/21Activated K Cody Parkey from reserve/COVID-19 list         3 days clear testing.. release high risk tracer fail 
  •  
  • 11/20Placed DE Myles Garrett on reserve/COVID-19 list               Has Covid.. 10 days of straight negatives would be needed to play.Reports say Myles tracer had                                                                                                                                                  no contact violations..
  •  

11/18Placed K Cody Parkey on reserve/COVID-19 list               Parkey sounds like a Jonovich tracer issue? or Hubbard or both? 3 day test return 

• 11/18Placed T Jack Conklin on reserve/COVID-19 list               Conklin--- tracer to Jano or Hubbard or Both.. 3 day test return
  •      11/16     Placed FB Andy Janovich on reserve/COVID-19 list         Reported as a Hubbard contact? Dates more like Jano has Covid*Forgot about Janovich 😯...
  • 11/13Placed G Chris Hubbard on reserve/COVID-19 list   Hubbard will need 10 straight day clear testing
  • 11/11Activated QB Baker Mayfield from reserve/COVID-19 list  labeled tracer contact.. 3 day test return 
  • *11/08Placed QB Baker Mayfield on reserve/COVID-19 list             Reported as Coach tracer (Bake was more injured with ribs)

START HERE ^^^^^^

Date math'ing feels more like? ? Hubbard/Janovich/ Garrett have/had Covid 19-- need 10 negative test to return

Mayfield/Conklin/Parkey ... had tracer issues, with High Risk inside approved Berra Headquarters (players/coaches/any approved staffing levels /cooks/janitors?)

Medical reports can only be released by Player or Agent..NFLPA.. did not like Zeke's agent reporting Zeke had Covid this offseason... but the 'cleared to return' dates are clue'ish...

On 11/21/2020 at 7:21 AM, Flugel said:

Let's just take this thing 1 week at a time like we've been doing...

I kind of thought about this yesterday and had the realization that at least it wasn't for the rest of the year. The reason it FEELS that way is because we're in the middle of a historically tight playoff race. I believe I heard there are more 6-3 teams now than ever before. That's nuts, lol. 

I believe there are two scenarios, and really it's just a gut feeling. We either barely lose, or blow them out. We really haven't blown anyone out yet and we could be due. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Orion said:

Browns to use several players to replace Myles Garrett

...great!  That must mean they're letting us play with 13 or more defenders.

LOL !!!

Adrian Clayborn and Porter Gustin .

Clayborn is no slouch 7th rounder - should be intriguing to watch him play a good bit at DE. Was a star in college:

It's said he is only a situational guy - a serious force on pass rushes. (I love the play where he blocks a punt in college)

should also be intriguing to watch Gustin play at DE.

I never heard of the guy til the Browns signed him.

https://www.brownsnation.com/who-is-browns-de-porter-gustin/

Who Is Cleveland Browns DE Porter Gustin? (Where He Came From)

Interesting - his workout plan back at USC

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

so, the defense will be just fine. I hope to keep track of the times Clayborn and Justin make plays.

Losing Myles is a killer, no way around it. What we need to hope for now is for Carson Wentz to beat himself, and that could definitely happen. Wentz has been unbelievably inaccurate this year and is rated the absolute worst in accuracy from throwing in a clean pocket. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I kind of thought about this yesterday and had the realization that at least it wasn't for the rest of the year. The reason it FEELS that way is because we're in the middle of a historically tight playoff race. I believe I heard there are more 6-3 teams now than ever before. That's nuts, lol. 

I believe there are two scenarios, and really it's just a gut feeling. We either barely lose, or blow them out. We really haven't blown anyone out yet and we could be due. 

The last time the Browns won 10 games in the regular season (2007), they did not make the playoffs.  That defense was kind of like this one in the sense that it didn't rank really high anywhere except in getting turnovers if this old man's memory is correct.  On the other hand, we made the playoffs with an 8-8 record in 1985.  Also keep in mind, there's been teams that have made the playoffs that didn't even win 8 regular season games (ie; Seattle) while something like that could happen in the NFC East this year.

I don't know many people remember what took place in 2007; but it was the year Cleveland drafted Joe Thomas at #3 overall.  A great part of his learning curve was he had a veteran LG next to him (Eric Steinbach).  In addition, we had a very crafty veteran at Center (Hank Fraley) who could still pull and make all the OL calls.  Considering Philly had written him off as a starter 1-2 years earlier - that became a very underrated solution to the loss of LeCharles Bentley.  We ended up getting 1304 rushing yards and 9 TDs (+ 30 rec 248 rec yards and 2 TD rec)out of Jamal Lewis that year.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I don't know many people remember what took place in 2007

I remember everything about that year. I remember losing to a bad Bengals team to secure our playoff berth and then having to root for the Colts' backup QB to beat the Titans. That didn't go well. 

I also remember Winslow making one of the best catches I've ever seen against the Cardinals and us not getting the "push out" rule touchdown. It was nuts. 🤣

My late father was a huge Shelton Richardson fan coming into the draft of 2013.(Yep! he was pist to hear MingOh! before Shelton!).. Play one for PoP's today Shelton!

Shelton Richardson, who turns 30 on Nov. 29, has started 111 career games, just two at end. Both of those came for the Browns in 2019 when Garrett was serving a six-game league suspension to end the season. Richardson recorded three sacks in those two games, two against the Miami Dolphins and one against the Cincinnati Bengals, while also totaling 12 tackles and a pass defensed.  (The rest of the story?) https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2020/11/20/cleveland-browns-lb-mack-wilson-back-practice-prepares-eagles/3768886001/   

I smell something different coming?.. Regardless, Ogun needs a huge day.. I see Vincent Taylor & Jordan Elliott seeing increased DT reps.. Not saying Clayborn nor Gustin won't get their chances early? But they'd better show up early in the 1st half...

Get Doug Peterson down 2 scores early? He'll panic into Wentz throwing this game away.. Eagles get up 2 scores early? Baker will panic with Eagles pass rush...  No reason to change away from the offices of Chubb & Hunt both seeing another 100 yard game..Run Chubby Run! Dink Hunt quick & Often to keep Baker clean.. 

What we can't do today? a)Turn the ball over nor b.)not win time of possession.  Team whom Moves the chains & wear down the defense wins... If our defense gets stuck out there?... It will be a L O N G afternoon fella's

Browns- 26 Iggys- 18... Ward/Harrison 1 pick each... Chubb scores a long run late to win this game.. Like Garrett? The football gods have odd ways of getting EVEN... 

call it all crazy..before... we All go IN-sane... 🙃

(chalk this post up? as one of those clicks that ya may want to take back) 🤓  don't we all have those? 

6 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Browns D showed really well without Myles there. Never thought that could happen.

Never a doubt from me! < Alright, so there's a little pink in that font, but I fully expected the next men up to do their jobs and they all did. 

The entire defense has been fun to watch lately that's for sure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Was their claim successful? Is he now on our roster? 

Sorry, this one flew under the Radar. 

So they had a wavier claim in, the Bengals had one as well as the 49ers and Raiders.

Bengals brought them in, he fail the physical so they waived him.

same with the 49ers. 

I think it falls to the Browns if they want to bring him in. It’s confusing how he failed a physical for two teams. He did have a groin issue earlier in the year but he was playing for the Falcons before they cut him.

• Thanks 1